Tropez' Diary

Hi there.

This is Tropez' diary.

I will post all my pitfalls and good days here and just see how this works out.

Goal: To have more enegy, eat a healthy diet, lose 85 lbs. I started at 305lbs. and I want to be at 220lbs.

Tropez' Personal Notes Section:

Daily Caloric Goal: 2260 (220 x 13 - 500) (THX Scott_Free)
Macronutrient Range: Carb 45-65%, Fat 20-35%, Protein 10-35%
Marcronutrient Range in Cals: Carbs 1017-1469, Fat 452-791, Protein 226-791

Site for looking up Calories on specific Items (THX Scott_Free)
Protein contains 4 calories per gram; Carbohydrates contain 4 calories per gram; Fat contains 9 calories per gram

Weight Log

01-01-2006 - 305
02-09-2006 - 288
02-10-2006 - 287
02-11-2006 - 286
03-01-2006 - 284.5
04-03-2007 - 283
07-01-2008 - 272
01-21-2009 - 271

Last edited:
Meals Today.

Breakfast - 8ish AM

I was Hongry..

Deck of cards worth of precooked chicken breast. Heated in a skillet with cooking spray and then about 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to kick it up a notch. Mixed with a full bowl of mixed greens, a few croutons and 1 tablespoon of salad dressing. 1 cup of organic orange juice.

2 bottles of water.

Snack - 1ish PM

A few baked pita chips with some plain hummus with sirracha (god I love that combo).

Lunch - 3ish PM

Late lunch but I was busy...

Cooked 1 green bell pepper with some white onion and mushrooms in a skillet with a small amount of toasted sesame oil (2tsp maybe). Then near the end of cooking I threw in some Light Teriaki sauce mixed with 1 part water and some added ginger paste. Put that over 1 bag of boil-in-bag white rice.

2 glass of iced tea with lemon.

Cardio - 40 Minutee

Dinner - 7:30ish PM

Mc Donald's!!! zOMG NOOO!

Grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo, add mustard extra lettuce. Fruit and Walnut salad, no white gooey goodness (but I ate the walnut goodness). 2 of my daughters chicken nuggets.

Last edited:
everything sounded good till the dreaded maccaz!!! hehe nah keep at it and just watch supersize me enough to make u forget maccaz even existed lol
and good on ya for puttin up ur fotos look forward to cing the progress1s in a few months :)

Today's Meals

Breakfast - 8ish AM

1 Egg cooked with Pam in a skillet with spices. 2 Slices or precooked bacon and a sprinkle of cheese on a whole wheat (large new york style) bagel. 1 Cup of OJ. Mega Man Multivitamin from GNC.

Snack 9:30ish

Shared an Orange with my daugther.

Snack 11:30

1 Slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter.

Lunch 12:30pm

Mushrooms & chicken cooked with light teriaki sauce cut with 1/2 water over 1 bag of boil in bag rice.

Cardio 1:45pm 35 min on treadmill (but I have been cleaning out the basement all day as well, keeping busy)

Lunch 2:30pm

Large salad with croutons, 1tbsp of dressing and a dash of parmesan cheese. 1 1/4 lb hamburger patty with chinese hot mustard and chili sauce as my ketchup. 1 cup of OJ.

Snack 4:15pm

Yogurt, 1 container

Dinner 7:20pm

Spaghetti with marinara sauce and 4 small meatballs. 1 slice of texas toast.

Last edited:
My back is pretty sore. It hurts around my love handles just to sit. I have been carrying things two days in a row cleaning out my grandmothers old clothes from her basement yesterday. Then today I got the wild hair to do the same thing in my basement and sorta build a little workout area. Now after all that my lower back is pretty sore when I get up and and down.

Today's Meals

Weight 289

I work today...

Breakfast 7:30 AM

1 serving of Bear Mush (hot wheat cereal) with frozen blueberries mixed in. 1 Cup of OJ. 1/2 Bagel with peanut butter. Multivitamin.

Snack 9:40am

1 Apple

Lunch 11:30

Asian Chicken salad made at the restaurant up the block from work.

Snack 2:30pm

Handfull of raw almonds. 1 can of high protein pudding.

Dinner 7:00pm

I was pretty on edge hungry. I need to add another snack time in about 4:30pm I think.

A few baked pita chips and some hummus with chili sauce (zOMG to DIE for).
Chicken Fajitas.. Sprayed the pan with Pam and added precooked frozen chicken, cut up green bell peppers, cut up mushrooms & onions. Then added some chili power and ground cumin. After a few minutes added a splash of lime juice. At this with two small flour torillas on the side. 1 6oz glass of 1% milk.

Workout: 7:30pm

Cardio on treadmill and around basement for 1 hour.

Last edited:
Tropez are you doing any weights with your cardio at this point?

Good to see you starting a diary to keep you on track, you will be amazed when you look back in a month and further. Keep it up.

Scott_Free said:
Tropez are you doing any weights with your cardio at this point?

Good to see you starting a diary to keep you on track, you will be amazed when you look back in a month and further. Keep it up.

Not as of yet. Just some crunches and pushups (but not many). I have some weights in my basement but I have not gone down that road as of yet. Should I really get into that now or just focus on the cardio for right now and getting this fat off?

I like the diary idea. So far it's nice to have a place to put down everything.

I would stick with whatever you feel the best with, everyone is different and some people prefer one route over the other. The number 1 thing to losing weight is a balanced healthy diet (fewer calories for weight lose) and you seem to have that down. Cardio will assist your diet in burning off more calories.

If your only goal is to lose weight and you use dieting and cardio, you will more then likely lose a little muscle along the way. If you can supplment your routine with some weight training and I think you will find your results to move faster in the long run. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn.

Even doing push-ups, chinups, crunches etc are a great start.

Keep doing what works for you, as you progress you will start to feel the need for more and increase your workouts to quench the craving. Eventually, like many you will catch yourself over training and have to get yourself in check :)

The Diary is excellent keeps you honest with yourself, and helps track your progress.

Today's Meals

Breakfast 7:20am

Bowl of Crunchy Stay Trim cereal (Hy-Vee House Brand Kashi) with 1% milk. 1 cup of OJ. 1/2 bagel with peanut butter. Multivitamin

Snack 10:15am

1 cup of Yogurt, organic with blueberries

Lunch 12:30PM

Turkey sandwich with mustard, lettuce and swiss cheese on white texas toast.

Snack 3:00pm

1 Carton of Muscle Milk

Snack 5:00pm

Handfull of raw Almonds. 1 Can of Instone High Protein Pudding.

Workout: Cardio for 40 Minutes

Dinner 9:00pm

Spaghetti with 4 small meatballs, 1 slice of texas toast. 1 cup of OJ.

Last edited:
I just ordered a good multivitamin to replace the GNC overpriced stuff I had purchased...

Last edited:
My Meals Today

Breakfast 6:30AM

Egg Starts with some chili sauce & 2 slices of wheat toast with fat free butter spray. 1 cup of OJ. Multivitamin

Snack 10:00am

Organic Blueberry Yogurt

Lunch 12:50pm

Cobb Salad (chicken, mixed greens, egg, bacon bits, guacamole, gargonzola cheese) with balsamic vinagrette dressing. Multivitamin (2nd pill from daily dosage).

Snack 3:00pm

Half a container of Muscle Milk

Snack 5:00pm

Other half of the Muscle Milk

Dinner 6:30pm

Handfull of raw almonds, 2 medium slices of Veggie Pizza (thin crust)

Cardio: 1 Hour on Treadmill in target heart rate zone for about 50 of it.

Snack (after cardio) 9:00pm

InStone Protein Pudding

Last edited:
Today's Meals

Breakfast 7:00am

Egg Starts with hot sauce. Two slices of whole wheat toast with low/no cal butter spray. 1 glass of OJ.

Snack 10:30AM

Handful of raw almonds. 1 can of InStone protein pudding.

Lunch 12:00pm

2 Vietnamese Spring rolls with peanut dipping sauce & 1 bowl of onion soup (yummy).

Snack 2:00pm

Still hungry from small lunch. 1 container of Muscle Milk.

Snack 4:00pm

Handful of raw almonds.

Dinner 6:00pm

Shrimp, White Rice and Mixed Veggies from a place near work. Trapped at work late tonight without any snacks.

Cardio 7:40pm

50 Minutes (115-153 HR as Goal)

Snack 9:00

Baked Pita Chips with hummus and chili sauce. 1 glass of OJ.

Last edited:
Congrats, keep up the good work :) Now get on those weights..

Back