the benefits of HIIT

What can HIIT do for you? Since starting my HIIT routine 4 weeks ago, I have dropped 9 lbs. If that wasn't enough. Ive also increased my output capabilities for distance running. In the past, I couldn't run a quarter of a mile before I was too tired to go on. Yesterday, I ran a half of a mile and could have gone longer, but time prevented it (gym was closing hehe).

I'd be interested to know your routine?

aevans410 said:
High is as fast as you can go for the duration, low is a fast walk (I run on a track, maybe 3.5-4 mph?)

I know what High Low is :D :D

So your high is usually 4 and when you go low you just drop it .5, correct? I really like that way of doing it so I thouht I would try it.

Thanks

No, the high intensity interval is as hard as you can go for the entire interval, the low interval is around 3.5-4 mph walking.

How many time a week are you doing this?

And how does it affect your leg workout? When do you workout your legs? This workout sound great, but Im thinking Im going to fry my legs and not want to do a leg workout. How long is your recovery time after this HIIT? Im ready to change it up a bit. I tried to do HIIT one time and I didnt feel like I did a lot. Im ready to try again and commit myself. Just wondering about working in the leg routine.

I don't do a heavy leg routine. I only do squats one workout, and deadlifts the next workout (just core strength). It doesn't really seem to affect me too much.

Back to the original purpose of the thread:

I went on my first mountain bike-ride of the season yesterday (and since beginning a HIIT routine a month or more ago... can't remember) and I had significantly more power and stamina than my boyfriend :)

spockafina said:

I went on my first mountain bike-ride of the season yesterday (and since beginning a HIIT routine a month or more ago... can't remember) and I had significantly more power and stamina than my boyfriend :)

You need to light a fire under your BF's butt and get him doing HIIT then :)

spockafina said:

aevans410 said:
omg he's the laziest bum ever. I don't think I'll ever see him run or lift a weight in his lifetime. The main reason he enjoys hiking/mountain biking and such is because we're in the middle of the woods and can take a break to smoke some ganja w/o anyone around.

You sound a little tightly wound, Wolverine. Have a toke!

Back