Weight-Loss Team Rave!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, sounds like we all have issues on this challenge. I'm not sure what to do about mine. I know I need to increase my excercise, but my schedule just makes things screwy! At 4 in the morning I can't go walking and I can only excercise inside on days when hubby's not home (don't want to wake the bear while he's hibernating!) After morning route it's time to take care of the chores and errands before I go back to work at 2 and by the time I get home it's too dark to go walking and it's time to make dinner and get everything ready for the next day. Then it's off to bed at around 9. I'll figure something out. Somethings gotta give, and I'm tired of it always being me!!!

Yeah, That's a tough one, April! See if you can find 10 minutes between morning and 2pm before you have to go to work, and another 10-20 after dinner? See if you can get your family to help you out with a little bit of things here and there. 10 minutes is usually easier to find then 30 minutes, but time can be tight, and you don't want to take it away from your sleep either! If you had smth like treadmill at home, it would help tremendously!
If not, you can do weights/strength training pretty quietly, without waking anyone up!

hello....so far today is a good day...i feel bloated so hopefully that is just water! Had 2 eggs for breakfast, lettuce/carrots/tuna for lunch, 32 oz water and heading home shortly. Getting myself revved up for a good cardio session, hopefully an hour and to start my week of right. This is a tough week as we have our national conference starting tomorrow where they provide breakfast/lunch/dinner through friday afternoon. yuck! you never know what they are serving and the dinners always turn into wine drinking evenings. i'm going to try to make smart decisions and watch the portions and come right home and put it in fitday! the best i can do, i think. i also NEVER wake up early before work to exercise but if i dont tomorrow, that will have to be my day off this week & it seems early for that to happen so i'm going to try. i'll be off the computer so not as much posting , most likely, but i'll try at night, etc...
everybody keep on truckin', we can only do the best that we can!!!!

Hey guys.. well im back. Im sorry for my dissapearing act... but it had to be done. :(

In terms of the challenge things have not been good. I seem to be stuck.. the weight just doesn't want to shift.. doesn't matter how little i eat, or as much as i exercise. god damn it! :(

Skyler, you're doing great! Keep it up! Anytime you're tempted to grab too much food the next few days, think of us, becase we will kick your butt! :D

Pinky, welcome back! Good to hear that you were able to stay on track! Thats the most important thing! You know, we are all kind of having had time loosing this challenge. As long as we try the best we can, that's all we can do! We still have time! :)

Good morning all!

I did well yesterday - 1150 cals plus got some exercise in - 20 min of strength stuff, which just about killed me and my legs are sore today!

Apparently exercising right after work is not a good idea for me. I was really tired, and felt like I had no strength at all! Exercise did make me feel better, but only when I stopped! I was miserable doing it. :(

This week I am shooting for average daily caloric deficit of 500. Last week it was 375, not so good. Need to be loosing that lb/week. I'm trying to plan everything I will eat for the day in the morning, so that I know beforehand how many calories I'm eating, and if I want to make a modification to that its more likely that the modification is moderate. Problem with writing stuff down after the fact is that if I underestimate how many calories the food packs, then I'm out of luck, I already overate. I can correct it if its early in a day, but not after dinner!

Everyone, have a great day!

well, yesterday was interesting..i had all good intentions (dont we always) re:elliptical at home, etc...i get home and power is out in the whole block. that got thrown out the window...so, we ended up going out to dinner and my FH is a chef so he has chef friends...sat at the chef's table and he just served us food...more meat than i've eaten in a year probably. funny b/c my favorite part was the salad and the small piece of fish ( i guess my lifestyle is officially changing for the better with better choices which is good), but then i felt so guilty b/c i was tasting all these weird pork/liver/chicken concoctions...overall, i put it into fitday and luckily, ended up at 1400 calories - over my limit for sure (as i've been averaging 1150) but at least it wasn't outrageous. maybe this will help trick my body (even though i didn't mean it) to do what kate recommended with 1400 cal one day, then 1000 , then 1200, then 1500 ,etc.? who knows!

also, this morning was the first in FOREVER that i got myself out of bed b/c i know that i have a meeting late tonight for work and wouldnt have a chance to exercise and got on the elliptical and it felt great to get it done pre-work and also managed to drink 30oz of water as well...maybe need to be adding that into the "change it up" program...

the rest of the week is our sales conference where meals are provided so hopefully there will be salad options and veggie choices without too much oily stuff to totally kill my week! but, i'll be thinkin gf yall and making sure that i dont grab anything that i wouldnt normally eat!! dont want a butt-kicking from any of you! :)

NTL - you said your cal. deficit has been at 375 last week - i'm assuming you get that number from fitday? where do you find it? i know you use the PC version, maybe I don't get that by using the online version?

I use the online version too and I've noticed things other people say that I can't find also. PC version must have more stuff! Wish I had some money! Oh well, maybe someday I will win the lottery! Of course then I'll have a personal trainer and dietician (and lipo and tummy tuck and, and, and.....) Until then I guess it's just work and work! I'm feeling a little less bloated today so hopefully that's a good sign. Weigh in is on Thursday right? Ugh!

Yeah, there are bunch of reports options in the PC version, one of them will calculate your actual average daily calorie deficit per week. (total cals burned minus total calories eaten). I can also see that number in the Calendar, which can show in a calendar snapshot format, day by day, either all calorie-related stuff or weight related stuff, or calories consumed minus calories eaten, and averages all that stuff for each week's summary. The PC version has quite a lot of features, and I take it everywhere with me, I don't have to depend on internet connection to track stuff. It was not too expensive - around $25 or $30 or smth. I found out about it right before Xmas, so I persuaded my hubby to give me it as a Xmas present. ;) You can track everything there - calories, exercise, body weight, measurements, moods, diary. :) I don't know what options the online version has.

They don't allow to download a demo, but there are screen shots and detailed descriptions of almost all the functionality.

Skyler, 1400 cals is great! Sometimes life just throws us a curveball. That's ok, good job on exercising this morning! I think that eating all that protein will help, it may give you a boost in metabolism!

I got some Kashi cereal last trip to grocery store. Skyler, I could not find Kashi bars for some reason. I like how it tastes, and it supposed to have lots of protein and fiber, however, eating it this morning made me hungy earlier then usual! It maybe slightly less bulky then my oatmeal, but I am surprized that I was hungy at almost 10 am! With oatmeal I can last till about 11. I'm toughing it out and drinking water, but will have to have early lunch today.

Planning on doing cardio tonight after dinner, and maybe some weights for arms. So far most of my exercises are concentrated on my lower body, which can make things unbalanced in the future.

I tried doing some pushups, but my wrists seem to be really uncomfortable b/c of the 90 degree bend in them and carrying weight at that angle, so I have to quit them before I feel anything in my arms/shoulders. Should I just keep doing them in small reps until my wrists strengthen?

Hi, all, sorry for such lengthy posts. They must be a drag to read. :) I guess sometimes I don't realize how much I type. ;)

I just wanted to let everyone know, that we are 1 post away from getting the prize for the most posts! So, we can win in the support department even if we don't win in the weight loss one. (not thinking about it, not thinking about it, just doing my best and keeping on trucking like Skyler says).

I suggest that we form a SLOW but STEADY club, LOL! :)

There's a Russian saying "The slower you go, the further you'll get", so I'm taking pride in that! He-he-he. Although secretly I'm hoping for more of a drop in scales by the challenge's end, but honestly in my heart I know I'm doing well, I'm eating well, and exercising as I can, and I know the scale will follow eventualy. In this game patience indeed is a vurtue.

I just keep reminding myself that I am like the tortise! Slow but steady! I will win this race ultimately. I may lose some battles but I will win the war! I have been looking back at the past couple of weeks and figuring out what I need to change. I know I need to increase my excercise and I'm working on getting a better schedule going.I also realized I have slacked off on my water intake. I can fix that too! So, better late than never.

Sounds good, April! We're here for the long haul, so we will get there steadily but surely. The benefit of losing slowly is that your skin has time to adjust, so there is less likelyhood of loose skin in the end. Plus, they do say if you loose slowly you're likely to loose it forever!

It dawned on me this morning that I can never have a latte, while doing 1200 cal diet, because they are just too much in calories! 1 latte is like 200 cals. I did not have any lattes for 2 or 3 months, but I used to get them once in a while, like every week or 2. Of course now I really miss one. I'll have to plan a nice low calorie day and go out for one. :)

Yesterday was fairly good. I rode stationary bike for 30 min. There's something with me and exercise. I hate exercise fo the sake of exercise! I tried to keep my mind occupied between TV and a book, but I was hating the thing 15 min into it! Of course, since its winter and cold outside, I don't have any alternative. There are sports I love to do, but they are not something I can do in 30 min every evening. :)

Calorie wise I had 1070, not too bad, and reached my 500 calorie deficit yesterday!

Don't know alot about the specialty coffees, I'm a plain black type myself. Don't they make fat free or sugar free ones? Probably not the same though. How about everyonce in a while having a small one?

Hi, April!

No, unfortunately, they don't. Latte is a shot of cappucino(really strong coffee) and steamed milk. You can request them to use skim milk, but that's about the only option. :) Ah, I'll just have to plan for it and do one of my calorie saving things. Normally I don't even miss it that much, but today was one of those days when nothing else would do. I let myself have a decaf with sugar and non-dairy creamer, just to get my coffee craving out of my system.

Ok, I'm doing well today. 1050 cals so far, hitting my 500 cal deficit goal again, whoo-hoo! I'll make myself exercise a bit later, after digesting my dinner, so should be good for today!

Skyler and Pinky, I hope you gals are doing well! I believe tomorrow is our final weigh in day! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Good Morning, All!

Today is our weigh in day! I am at 138.5 today (whoo-hoo!, I hit a new low today!) and my original weight was 140.5, so I lost 2 lbs! This is a very nice surprise, especially since I stayed at 140.5 for the most of the challenge!

Ok, where's everyone? Pinky? April? Ladies, its weigh-in day! Don't leave me hanging here by myself! :)

I know Skyler has hard time getting to computer at work, so I hope she will post her weight tonight.

Hope all is well!

Okay guys.. i weighed in first off as 169lbs.. ive gone down to 167lbs meaning a 2lbs weight loss. Wish id done better but its better then nothing.

2 lbs is something! Means you've been loosing a 1lb/wk, which is great! Slow and steady loss is the best. Whoo-hoo!

Ok, April and Skyler, where are you girls? Need to post your weight...

Last edited:
sorry guys, first chance at a computer all week. finally finished a very long work conference. ended up losing zero for the contest. sorry!

Skyler, glad you're back!

Sorry you're not seeing the scale move yet. I know you've been doing so well! Keep going, you'll get there! Awesome job throughout the conference! You are amazing!

Hope April will be back soon to post her weight...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back