Not open for further replies.
Todays Training

Squat
Front Squat
TRX Pistol Squat
Calf Raise
Explosive light Deadlift
Step ups for a cardio cool down

No weights are listed as this is not a challenge to see how much you lift, just that you do some strength training for good health.

Dynamic Bench Press
Landmine Press
Pallof Press (one of the best core exercises you can do)
Bent over Row
TRX Row
Lat Pulldown
Face Pull
Bow Pull

Roughly 1 minute skipping (jump rope) between each set of each exercise, Miss almost 3 was very insistent that I skip.

Keeping strength training to a minimum this week so I am fresh for overnight Hike/Kayak for my Uni studies on Monday

After Warmup

5 X 10 Bench - still working on volume before adding meaningful weight

4 Sets of 8 for each

Powerlifter tricep extensions
Palloff Press
Landmine Press
Banded Row

Plus - Bottoms up KB walks

I have been doing at least 2 or 3 days a week for a while now, but after surgery I will be limited. Have to figure out what is possible now. Maybe posting here will help.

By the end of October I hope to be able to do sets of 5 level push-ups with excellent technique. With poor form, I can only do 1 or 2 right now so I currently have to do them on an incline...

My updates may be a little less exciting than yours, I'm just doing a fixed routine until the end of the year at least. But, I'm glad to join you here!

Oct 5 - Squats, Bench Press, Pendlay Row, Face Pulls, Superset of Calf Raises and Tricep Pushdowns
Oct 7 - Front Squat, Shoulder Press, Romanian Deadlifts, Lat Pulldowns, Superset of Captains Chair Knee raises and Bicep Curls
Oct 9 - Squats, Bench Press, Pendlay Row, Face Pulls, Superset of Calf Raises and Tricep Pushdowns

I was able to do my first proper technique push-up today. It felt really good so I tried for two but failed spectacularly. I also got up to 25 full sit-ups (until recently I could just barely get my shoulders off the ground) so it was a good day.

I seem to have stalled on my curls though. I've been at 25 reps with a doubled-up resistance band for over a month now so maybe I need to go back to curling bags of dog food to get full effort through the entire range of motion. Plus it seems to work other muscles as your arms try to stabilize the swinging...

Week 2

Monday:
Front Squats - 3x5
DB Overhead Press - 3x5
Romanian Deadlift - 3x8
Lat Pulldown - 3x8
Superset: Captains Chair Knee Raises 2x15 with DB Curl 2x10

I'm also newly trying to do do strength training. Mine is an at home program using only body weight and some plyometrics. I do the same set 3 days a week. I've been experimenting sometimes just doing the set once, sometimes twice. Each set is 1 minute of each exercise:
squats, pushups (i do some in full form, some as incline), mountain climbers (modified beginner style), plank, lunges, single leg hip raise, burpee, single leg toe touch, leg raises

Wednesday:
Squats 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x8
Face Pulls 3x10
Superset: Calf Raise 2x15 with Tricep Pushdown 2x10

By the end of October I hope to be able to do sets of 5 level push-ups with excellent technique. With poor form, I can only do 1 or 2 right now so I currently have to do them on an incline...

Making progress - today I was able to do 2 push-ups on level ground with good technique (and made it part-way up a 3rd).

3 workouts for this week complete. Today I increased the weight for front squats, deadlifts, and lat pulldown. Small progress = progress :)

Friday:
Front Squats - 3x5
DB Overhead Press - 3x5
Romanian Deadlift - 3x8
Lat Pulldown - 3x8

Week 3

Monday
Squats 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Pendlay Row 3x8
Face Pulls 3x10
Superset: Calf Raise 2x15 with Tricep Pushdown 2x10

Now up to 3 good push-ups - 5 by Halloween is looking doable...

Nice job!

Wednesday
Front Squats - 3x5
DB Overhead Press - 3x5
Romanian Deadlift - 3x8
Lat Pulldown - 3x8

Tuesday 20 October & Thursday 22 October

Attachments

• Weights Workout 2020-10-20.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Weights Workout 2020-10-22.pdf
    67 KB · Views: 0
I have not had much time to post however todays training was

Paused Bench Press (4 second hold on chest)
Close grip Bench press
DB flys
Landmine press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back