Spore...

New PC game which has just come out called SPORE. Looks well good :D

Anybody heard of it?

Its based on one HUGE online server. You begin your journey as a microbe and evolve yourself (you choose how to evolve), you then end up as a land creature, and further evolution includes you starting your own civilisation like a proper strategy game, then you end up with cities, and then you move into the space era and can create cities on different planets...

BTW there are 50,000 different planets including earth etc.

Looks brilliant, take the time to read this ;) Anybody getting it, i know i am..

Spore (2008 video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It managed to hold my attention for roughly half an hour, at which point I was about to transition from creature stage to tribe stage and decided instead to transition from suck (Spore) to good (ham sandwich).

Edit
: Never been a fan of doll house games (only a *** or a girl can enjoy one imo), but I figured, "Hey it's been a while, I'll give it a shot."

Wouldn't take my word for it, though, as I haven't been impressed with any game in a looong time.

Last edited:
It's gotten surprisingly meh reviews, considering the hype. EA's DRM didn't do it any favors, as you can see here:

I was on the verge of buying this last weekend until the review I was reading was explaining the DRM to me.

What a load of bull****. I bet they thought they would get this game to be the best game of the year and wanted to stop people from pirating this game and made this DRM crap...now they will lose users because of it unless they fix it.

I only found out recently about this game and was hyped up, now I am unimpressed.

I lift so that I can play video games and maintain my girlish figure. Lei:

Call of Duty 4
Gears of War
Bioshock
Orange Box (Includes a number of great games. Portal in particular is great)
Mass Effect
Oblivion
GTA IV

All good.

This game looks like it'd be fun for a dork like myself.

On another note, I'm gonna be rock when Starcraft III comes out.

I'm crossing my fingers for Fallout 3... loved the first two on the 90's, best RPGs ever. I hope they don't screw things up but, by what I've seen so far, it's probably going to be one of the best games of the decade.

Last edited:
Where are you marko? I think once you start the trible stage it gets good. :D

No man im just walking around eating all the little bastards.

`Its given me an option to advance to tribe ,but i need bigger eyes haha and i cant fly proper yet .The more i play it the better it gets:)

Look up spore penis monsters on youtube. I haven't lol'd so hard this year.

Back