SPAM- A Reminder

no the site is not mine nor i have one! i am was just asking what if some one inthe forum need some help about something and during some reseacrh i find a site which may be useful to that person and give the link in the forum, will it be considere as spam? cause i like helping and i am in no way a SPAMMER!

I think the mods will make the decision based on the site to keep it up or not.

For instance, we commonly link things like

It all depends.

I have lost 31 inches in 30 days and am thrilled about my weightloss. A friend of mine has lost more in two weeks. I am excited about my results and posted my 30 day pictures. I am not pushing a product line..just said I did a program that is working for me and have taken photos along the way...every time I do..I get deleted and some lady tells me I am spamming! I used to go to weightloss forums looking for HONEST help and to know what works for people. I am excited about my photos and this lady tells me I am spamming..don't you have to say...take this product..it really works..visit me at my website blah blah blah for it to be spamming? Alot of companies sell garbage that doesn't work. This worked for me and I am proud of my photos. Why is that spamming..seems to me people want to know what really works...seems this site just want people to wallow in being overweight and get no help here!

you know, it raises my spamming radar when you post the exact same thread in many places stating word for word the same post every time....Do you have nothing else to offer the forum??? Yea, this product worked for you...we get the picture...now what do you want to post about??

!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...great words of encouragement. I am excited about my change in thirty days and you reply...yeah we get it, so what, what else and delete me? Let me tell you something. My girlfriend is almost 300lb and wanted to do something to improve herself. We went to a trainer asking for a cardio program because I love weights at the gym but needed to lose weight. My friend went one day to the session because the trainer told her she was too big and her blood pressure was too high and I watched my friend leave in tears and going to give up. When another friend mentioned a cleansing product I thought I would give it a try and when I saw results inone week it gave this friend hope. She was on it two weeks and lost 20lb and two dress sizes and I went with her to try on her wedding dress today and she was in tears cause she thought she looked beautiful! People who lose weight because they find something that works for them want to shout it from the rooftops so frankly I am ticked that someone like you says..yeah we saw your pic..so what else do you have to offer? Your support is just awesome..perhaps you should moderate something else cause frankly your attitude doesn't show that you really give a damn.

Book I suggested

I just suggested a book to someone and put an amazon link on to help them find it, why has it been deleted? I really enjoyed the book and want to let everyone know how great it was!! I am not spamming!

I just suggested a book to someone and put an amazon link on to help them find it, why has it been deleted? I really enjoyed the book and want to let everyone know how great it was!! I am not spamming!

Well actually, you showed yourself to be a spammer in your first post, where you signed up under a different screen name and asked whether anyone has heard of hypnodieting. Then you replied under this screen name a few moments later and said how you followed the book and how helpful it was. Total BS.

:patriot:
There's no denying that we get plagued with a lot of spam on this forum for products that most of us have no interest in. While the moderation staff does their best to keep up with sweeping out the spam, occassionally some does get missed.

OK my wife and I are both overweight. We have had a great success with a weight loss supplement. How can I tell the others about it if when I post a link to the website it would be considered spam? Can I tell them to PM me if intrested and then give them the link or will that get me kicked off too?

This stuff is great. I want to tell everyone about it!

Thanks for asking. "pm me for...." is listed in what we consider to be spamming. Lets say you like acia berry. Just post...." the wife and I have lost weight using acia berry" and thats it. No reason to link it unless your trying to sell the stuff yourself.

Thanks

:patriot:

OK my wife and I are both overweight. We have had a great success with a weight loss supplement. How can I tell the others about it if when I post a link to the website it would be considered spam? Can I tell them to PM me if intrested and then give them the link or will that get me kicked off too?

This stuff is great. I want to tell everyone about it!

Thanks for asking. "pm me for...." is listed in what we consider to be spamming. Lets say you like acia berry. Just post...." the wife and I have lost weight using acia berry" and thats it. No reason to link it unless your trying to sell the stuff yourself.

Thanks for your response. I too hate spam. But I have a suggestion. Spam by definition is unwanted mail messages etc. Some forum members may want to know where they can get a certain product. The product we take is only sold through independent reps who are also customers so someone is going to make money anytime someone orders the product. If they are going to have to buy from an rep anyway, then if I'm the one who told them about the product then why should I not get the commission instead of someone else?

Why not add a forum where members can buy diet products. A market. Then members could choose for themselves to enter that forum or not. No spamming there.

I have to respectfully disagree that the pm thing is spamming. The member makes their own choice to contact that person.

Anyway I am glad to have found this forum and look forward to reading the post. I have lost 35 pounds in 3 weeks and feel great.

You are free to disagree all you want. However the rules are the rules and they are expected to be followed regardless.

wow!

You are free to disagree all you want. However the rules are the rules and they are expected to be followed regardless.

Korrie,

Have I not followed the rules? did I not ask first? Have I posted anything on this forum that was spam or violated any of the forum rules? I can answer that for you, NO. I am following the rules and don't expect or intend to break them. My post was about a suggestion for a new forum market not to provoke snide remarks or a lecture. My first post was to ask for guidance, my second thanked you and offered a suggestion. I hope the other moderators are not as rude or errogant (which ever is the case) as you or my time on this forum will be short lived.
RESPECTfully.

medicmason

BTW,

i didn't ask to see the add for a free magazine subscription or the one for a Las Vegas vacation either. Someone is making money off those. Sounds like spam to me.

lol, oh my goodness. No, I never even IMPLIED that you didn't follow the rules. I even said "thank you" for asking the question that you did. I simply answered your questions. Lets not get so defensive here.

Medicmason, what you described in your post earlier is a pyramid selling scheme. Something most people are not too keen on. In addition, you said it yourself, you'd get commission if you send people to the distributors - so you're trying to make money on this.

In any case, it is very simple. No, you cannot post links. No, you cannot ask people to PM you. No, you cannot leave your email and ask people to email you. And no, we won't add a marketplace for people to sell 'magic diet pills'. If that is what you are looking for, you are in the wrong place.

In this forum, we make an effort to promote healthy, maintainable weight loss, and our members know that. I'll even go as far as say that for a lot of them, it is one of the main reasons to be members in the first place.

As for the official adverts on this forum, they are paid for, and they allow the board owner to run this forum free for the members. If you would like to advertise officially, feel free to get in touch with the board owner and I'm sure he'll send you a price list.

.... I hope the other moderators are not as rude or errogant (which ever is the case) as you or my time on this forum will be short lived.

Its spelled "arrogant" not 'errogant". Also, since I've been here for 6 yrs and you've been here less than a week, my moneys on me.

You know I sat here for 15 minutes typing a long response to the recent posts from the moderators. If I sound defensive I appologize , that is usually the response to comments that are offensive. I will pray for you that you find something that works for you as well as what is working for me. As for me I know that starting this journey at 460 lbs, every pound I lose is extra time added to my life to spend with my children and wife. God bless.

Back