SPAM- A Reminder

There's no denying that we get plagued with a lot of spam on this forum for products that most of us have no interest in. While the moderation staff does their best to keep up with sweeping out the spam, occassionally some does get missed.

On the top of every post, there's a handy dandy little button - see below - to report a post. If you see some spam just sitting there, please don't hesitate to use the report function.

We'd really appreciate it.

thanks

-Spam question

:eek: Please let me know if my post pertaining to Master Cleanse is considered SPAM...I have no idea.

If so, I will remove the pdf.

Thanks,

Peaky

no, it's fine. We only consider it SPAM if you post it 1000 times or it looks like you are trying to promote your own site. Simply adding a doc that helps support your post is actually encouraged.

pffft, I didn't even notice that thingamabob in the corner.... good to know, and I'd be more than happy to let ya know when I find that evil hormel product.

Just a reminder on SPAM - when you see advertising messages - Report the message - don't comment on it - commenting on the spam just leaves the message at the top of the forum allowing it to be seen by more people.\

thank you

The spammers seem to be getting more creative...

If you get a private message trying to sell you a product, please report that message to a moderator.

thanks

Is it considered spam to let people know about your ite that is related to the theme of thi forum?
Even if you are actually here as a matter of interest not to just pump up site links?
I found this forum while searching for good link partner sites, and have a guenuine interest in the weightloss drive that seems to be consuming the world. I have added my site to my signature because it is related, and a little extra publicity never hurts, but that is not the reason I am posting here, I actual do my promoting by submitting articles I have written to various place on the web.
I wa labeled a "spammer" almost instantly, I think this may be due to the fact that I have so few posts, but really, I only just found this place fair go. Every post I have made has been on topic, I have started a few threads. I have only talked about my site in one thread to let people who may be like minded know that I am interested in fitness to the point that I have made a site about it, which took a great deal of my time and I am doing it for no other reason other than to spread information.
I may in the future ad those google ads to it, to hopefully cover the cost of hosting and maybe buy me a beer or 2 for my effort, but thats about all I want in that vein.
My site i my hobby not my business, so is this still spamming?

your thoughts

cheers and keep active!

What are your thoughts?

Prove your worthiness and then you can post a link to your site.

That's my thought.

But what do I know?

I'll be opening a forum soon. I know that I'll only allow respected members of the community to post links to their personal sites.

Prove your worthiness and then you can post a link to your site.

That's my thought.

But what do I know?

I'll be opening a forum soon. I know that I'll only allow respected members of the community to post links to their personal sites.

Steve firstly I am not being combative here, but I have a question, did you read any of my other posts before labelling me a spammer? or was your opinion soley based on that one post?
This is the last time I feel like broaching this subject but I would like to know, then I can get back to sharing my ideas with others about weightloss and reading their ideas, rather than talking about something so off topic like spamming

Cheers

:jump:

Steve firstly I am not being combative here, but I have a question, did you read any of my other posts before labelling me a spammer? or was your opinion soley based on that one post?
This is the last time I feel like broaching this subject but I would like to know, then I can get back to sharing my ideas with others about weightloss and reading their ideas, rather than talking about something so off topic like spamming

Cheers

:jump:

No.

Point?

I never insinuated that your posts were crap.

By worthiness, I mean, let's see you stick around for a good chunk of time and make a positive impact on the community. Then intentions are understood and posting a link seems reasonable IMO.

I simply don't respect the fact that you are a brand new member making noise about your site. That's all. But it's not my forum, so whatever. I wouldn't worry too much about my opinion. :)

I'm done talking about your site.

Since we are on the subject, IT, your signature is in violation of the no-spamming policy, so please remove it asap.

can i talk about my website?

There's no denying that we get plagued with a lot of spam on this forum for products that most of us have no interest in. While the moderation staff does their best to keep up with sweeping out the spam, occassionally some does get missed.

On the top of every post, there's a handy dandy little button - see below - to report a post. If you see some spam just sitting there, please don't hesitate to use the report function.

We'd really appreciate it.

thanks
can I talk about my website if it is a site that has diet options?

can i link to a website which the content can be of help to someone in the forum? will it be considered as spam?

This seems a bit of a shame to me. Yes - I do have a weight loss site that I aim to make money from, but I also have a lot of experience in weight loss - both personal and helping others. So I wanted to add my experience to some of the posts here and, if it helps spread the word about my website, so much the better, but the posts are there to help.

Sorry to see that link, that could have given help also, is not acceptable. I get the SPAM problem - I'm no fan either. But how to promote a new, small business with genuine intentions if you can't ever mention it??

That sounds a little more fair :) - just tell me I don't need 14,000 posts under my belt to get there... lol

I'm not the one to judge when respect is earned. The community is.

Back