Some Accountability....

Thanks Lil!

I'm sure you noticed the weights are pretty light...:action: lol...But hey, I'm at least getting to do it! :D

Exactly, go girl!

Thanks Lil!

I'm sure you noticed the weights are pretty light...:action: lol...But hey, I'm at least getting to do it! :D

what did your routine look like prior to this? i still think it looks like a great routine even for light weights.

dang girl... you are coming back pretty strong... be careful, amke sure you giv eyou body the nutrients and time to recover. You are coming off injury! Stay smaht!

what did your routine look like prior to this? i still think it looks like a great routine even for light weights.

Thanks Lil!

Use to be 3 day split, probably twice as much weight (in some areas, more) and 30 mins cardio (running incline), then an hour cardio on 4th day with yoga, one day off. Did compound exercises.

Loved compound exercises, but am trying to avoid any core stuff still,...or at least minimize it :D

dang girl... you are coming back pretty strong... be careful, amke sure you giv eyou body the nutrients and time to recover. You are coming off injury! Stay smaht!

Thanks FF!

I promise I am being careful :)

I'm really listening to my body and not pushing too hard. I've been feeling good...and eating clean...I promise :D

Todays workout:

Lunges:
Front: 3 x 12 (15 lbs)
Side 3 x 12 (15 lbs)
Back 3 x 12 (15 lbs)

Step ups 4 x 25 (15 lbs)

Calf raises 3 x 12 (15lbs)

Squats 3 x 12

Seated curls 3 x 12 (15lbs)
Tricep kickbacks 3 x 12 (15lbs)

(Got a little lazy with the arms today. Knew I wanted to box, so cut back to keep up a little of my strength :) )

Shrugs 3 x 12 (30 lbs)
Lateral raise (front) 3 x 12 (15lbs)
Overhead press 3 x 12 (15lbs)

Flies 3 x 12 (15lbs)

30 minutes boxing
5 minutes stretching (cool down)

Thanks Lil!

Use to be 3 day split, probably twice as much weight (in some areas, more) and 30 mins cardio (running incline), then an hour cardio on 4th day with yoga, one day off. Did compound exercises.

Loved compound exercises, but am trying to avoid any core stuff still,...or at least minimize it :D

sounds good! you're doing a great job! just don't push too hard so you heal quicker. but i know you know that already. hehe! :action8:

so, how are you doing?

i'm better...thanks. i think that groin problem has left me...LOL! i switched chairs at work and i feel a lot better already. other than that i just wish i didn't have to sit so much at my job. it kills me just sitting still like that all day. i try not to workout every day after work b/c then i get burnt out, so i like to alternate days, something like monday, wednesday, friday, saturday. i always feel like it's not enough though b/c of the fact that i sit all day. kinda sucks.

but thanks for asking....LOL! i'm hanging in there.

i'm better...thanks. i think that groin problem has left me...LOL! i switched chairs at work and i feel a lot better already. other than that i just wish i didn't have to sit so much at my job. it kills me just sitting still like that all day. i try not to workout every day after work b/c then i get burnt out, so i like to alternate days, something like monday, wednesday, friday, saturday. i always feel like it's not enough though b/c of the fact that i sit all day. kinda sucks.

but thanks for asking....LOL! i'm hanging in there.

Man, that must be a relief! Glad that has gone away :)

yeah, i have had jobs where I sat a lot, and I just couldn't keep myself in my chair all day! lol I would have to stand and file papers, or if I was writing, because I had to move...lol

You should look up some exercises you can do in your chair at work and see what you can do without anyone noticing! :D

3-4 times a week is enough! Don't let the work interfere with your workouts.
Maybe it's time to change it up a bit ....might keep the workouts interesting?

I use to do yoga at night, it was one of the best things I could have started for myself. One time I had a friend over to join me and we went thru the different moves together. Became a regular thing. It was actually fun, and a good workout!

Is there someone that might be interested in working out with you once in a while? Might make for a nice change....

Man, that must be a relief! Glad that has gone away :)

yeah, i have had jobs where I sat a lot, and I just couldn't keep myself in my chair all day! lol I would have to stand and file papers, or if I was writing, because I had to move...lol

You should look up some exercises you can do in your chair at work and see what you can do without anyone noticing! :D

3-4 times a week is enough! Don't let the work interfere with your workouts.
Maybe it's time to change it up a bit ....might keep the workouts interesting?

I use to do yoga at night, it was one of the best things I could have started for myself. One time I had a friend over to join me and we went thru the different moves together. Became a regular thing. It was actually fun, and a good workout!

Is there someone that might be interested in working out with you once in a while? Might make for a nice change....

thanks diane! you're the best and always offering great advice. yes, i'm so very happy that my lovely groin area is feeling better...LOL! i seriously hate sitting on my ass all day. the thing is with my job is it gets VERY slow at times and so there are dead moments where even if i stood, what the heck would i write or file...haha! but yeah when i'm busy i'm moving more, but not every day is like that unfortunately.

i'll have to do some research on desk/chair exercises at work. if you have any ideas, please share with me. what i have added to my day at work is a short walk on my lunch break since i only get 30 minutes. i usually walk for about 15 min. just to get my legs moving. ya know, i don't want to get secretary's ass or anything...LOL!

well i recently made the change in my workouts from doing turbo jam and jackie warner dvd's to weights without dvd's and treadmill. i try to switch it up a little. i also tried running outdoors, but i find i can't run very long. i can walk, then sprint, then walk, but i can't keep a steady run without running out of breathe. then i get kind of bored of that and switch back to my weights, treadmill, or dvd's...LOL! hubby likes to bike ride, but i can't keep up with his speed...LOL!

you did yoga at home? with a dvd?? if so, which one?

when i work out for 3-4 times per week, it is usually for an hour each day. but i'll trust that i'm doing enough, even though sometimes i feel i am not. it's just the sitting at work that messes with my head making me feel so lazy for sitting there like that. i must find some way to move around. there are days where i just want to freak cuz i can't do anything and it drives me freakin crazy. help! LOL!

Last edited:
thanks diane! you're the best and always offering great advice. yes, i'm so very happy that my lovely groin area is feeling better...LOL! i seriously hate sitting on my ass all day. the thing is with my job is it gets VERY slow at times and so there are dead moments where even if i stood, what the heck would i write or file...haha! but yeah when i'm busy i'm moving more, but not every day is like that unfortunately.

i'll have to do some research on desk/chair exercises at work. if you have any ideas, please share with me. what i have added to my day at work is a short walk on my lunch break since i only get 30 minutes. i usually walk for about 15 min. just to get my legs moving. ya know, i don't want to get secretary's ass or anything...LOL!

well i recently made the change in my workouts from doing turbo jam and jackie warner dvd's to weights without dvd's and treadmill. i try to switch it up a little. i also tried running outdoors, but i find i can't run very long. i can walk, then sprint, then walk, but i can't keep a steady run without running out of breathe. then i get kind of bored of that and switch back to my weights, treadmill, or dvd's...LOL! hubby likes to bike ride, but i can't keep up with his speed...LOL!

you did yoga at home? with a dvd?? if so, which one?

when i work out for 3-4 times per week, it is usually for an hour each day. but i'll trust that i'm doing enough, even though sometimes i feel i am not. it's just the sitting at work that messes with my head making me feel so lazy for sitting there like that. i must find some way to move around. there are days where i just want to freak cuz i can't do anything and it drives me freakin crazy. help! LOL!

Hey Lil!

sent you a PM with a few suggestions :)

I do weights with music. I have tried the treadmill with the tv and it really does seem to keep your attention :) But music works for me as well.

I do yoga at home (though I haven't tried to do that since the surgery, it's pretty intense...lol) When I started, I had a book for beginners (kids actually) that had some really good basic moves, and it had levels to the moves so as you got better you could raise the level in which you were doing the "pose".

Now I just know the moves...lol but I have seen some good Yoga on the exercise channel. also know there is an on line site that has some great vids that walk you thru basic moves....I'll have to search though, about a month ago I lost all my bookmarks (all 595 of them ...ouch) so I'll have to see if I can find it again.

It does sound like you are doing enough, and I can see how sitting all day would drive you crazy! lol Maybe the exercises I sent will make it more bearable :D

cheers!

Hey Lil!

sent you a PM with a few suggestions :)

I do weights with music. I have tried the treadmill with the tv and it really does seem to keep your attention :) But music works for me as well.

I do yoga at home (though I haven't tried to do that since the surgery, it's pretty intense...lol) When I started, I had a book for beginners (kids actually) that had some really good basic moves, and it had levels to the moves so as you got better you could raise the level in which you were doing the "pose".

Now I just know the moves...lol but I have seen some good Yoga on the exercise channel. also know there is an on line site that has some great vids that walk you thru basic moves....I'll have to search though, about a month ago I lost all my bookmarks (all 595 of them ...ouch) so I'll have to see if I can find it again.

It does sound like you are doing enough, and I can see how sitting all day would drive you crazy! lol Maybe the exercises I sent will make it more bearable :D

cheers!

thanks diane! i really appreciate it! i'm gonna go check out your pm now.
and yeah i hear ya about the treadmill. it only holds my attention for a while and then i have to switch my cardio routine to something else.

Hello Ladies :)

NoLove... most excellent to see the routines you're doing. I will admit to jealousy (a lil bit) as I am sooo itching to get back into the full swing of mine again....lol

Just one more week.. one more week.. one more week

Lillian ... a suggestion regarding your chair & work. Find out if they'll allow you to bring in an exercise ball to sit on instead.

I have a sedentary job too, but if I'm on my ball, i can work in core stability, stretching and balance. Plus - as an added bonus for me at least - since i am so short, the ball is actually better for me as it's "ergonomically" just the right size. I don't have to worry about adjusting the seat height or desk height.. LOL

Hello Ladies :)

NoLove... most excellent to see the routines you're doing. I will admit to jealousy (a lil bit) as I am sooo itching to get back into the full swing of mine again....lol

Just one more week.. one more week.. one more week

Lillian ... a suggestion regarding your chair & work. Find out if they'll allow you to bring in an exercise ball to sit on instead.

I have a sedentary job too, but if I'm on my ball, i can work in core stability, stretching and balance. Plus - as an added bonus for me at least - since i am so short, the ball is actually better for me as it's "ergonomically" just the right size. I don't have to worry about adjusting the seat height or desk height.. LOL

thanks neonlady! after thinking about it, i doubt the boss would go for the ball. but that might be something i could get for home on my computer. but i wish!

Last edited:
oh diane, i'm so sorry for hijacking your thread. LOL!

Back