Senior needs help with my work outs.

mddolson

Rain and thunderstorms yesterday morning so we just got a 3 km walk in after dinner last night. The storm pushed out the humidity & it was a nice 16C temperature so we were out for 7 km this morning.

Attachments

• 79AFF82D-A111-4846-879C-322B22A4CDA2.jpeg
    79AFF82D-A111-4846-879C-322B22A4CDA2.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 83E28DD5-C55C-4736-9126-29317A87127D.jpeg
    83E28DD5-C55C-4736-9126-29317A87127D.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 0

overlandflyer

Rain and thunderstorms yesterday morning so we just got a 3 km walk in after dinner last night. The storm pushed out the humidity & it was a nice 16C temperature so we were out for 7 km this morning.
with a brand new problem... a bit of sciatica... i find walking in the morning literally makes the pain go away for the entire day. i never think about it much, but San Diego is technically a desert. i don't know how i could ever go back to waking up some mornings and having to deal with rain ... or worse.

mddolson

Looking for a workout? Try being a lumberjack. I had 3 tall dying Ashe trees to take down. The first two came down relatively easy ( gas chain saw). But I broke the clutch on the saw so today the 3rd one came down Paul Bunyan style with an axe & bow saw. The pictures are too big to post, but here’s my cardio tracked on my Apple Watch.

Attachments

• 1E2DE811-AFE8-4C9C-9129-A7FDAB35A28E.jpeg
    1E2DE811-AFE8-4C9C-9129-A7FDAB35A28E.jpeg
    303.9 KB · Views: 2

overlandflyer

my dad used to scrounge up some interesting tools. one i grew up with was a huge two-man saw. he found it with a broken handle and it was a simple job to him to fabricate a new one. never took down a vertical tree, but was a staple around the house in sawing up horizontal ones + a good deal of railroad ties we had to notch to make a retaining wall. chopping and sawing wood is a great workout where you actually get something done at the same time.

mddolson

I saw video once of a lethal looking chainsaw. It had about 4 ft (1.2m) bar and chain with T handle on the opposing end. I would not want to be on the T handle end of that weapon.

overlandflyer

from the NIH Library of Medicine....

"Each year over 3 million new chainsaws are sold in the United States. The operation of these newer saws combined with the millions of older chainsaws in circulation results in over 28,000 chainsaw-related injures annually."

i've never used a chain saw, but when i have the table saw going... or anything else with sharp rotating blades... i'm extremely safety minded, always wear safety glasses and plan ahead.