Running Tips For Beginners....

If you are new in running or just thinking start to running.Then this thread really helpful for you. Followings are best running tips.
Visit a Physician.
Start with a walk/run program.
Keep a running log.
Listen to your body.
Lower Your Intensity.
Live, Eat and Breath running!
Check your heart rate regularly.
Set goals and celebrate your successes.
Maintain regular workouts and healthy diet.
Warm up then cool down and incorporate Cross-training.

My last run was about three months ago. However yesterday I came across this app which helps to motivate me to keep running and do other such training exercises. I have found it pretty useful. Its called motivade.com

A great way to get started is a walk / run program. I used a time based program to get going this spring after a long winter.

1 min run / 4 min walk repeat 6 times for a week (every other day...3 - 4 times)
1.5 min run / 3.5 min walk for a week
Continue this pattern until you reach 0 walk / 5 min run and you'll be running solid for 30 minutes!

A great way to get started is a walk / run program. I used a time based program to get going this spring after a long winter.

1 min run / 4 min walk repeat 6 times for a week (every other day...3 - 4 times)
1.5 min run / 3.5 min walk for a week
Continue this pattern until you reach 0 walk / 5 min run and you'll be running solid for 30 minutes!

There are generally two types of runners, those who run a pace defined by distance or plodders who run the same pace regardless. This is great for the former and many I have know have done well using the run walk system which is basically a low intensity interval session which gets more intense over time.

If you happen to be a plodder like me, the key is finding your pace, this is not always easy because we all have to to get through the first two energy sytems to find our aerobic pace. The only way I know works is start steady, stay there for at least 5 minutes, if this still feels to easy increase slightly, the chances are however that steady pace will often end up being your beginning distance pace.
There is good and bad news for us plodders. We make great distance runners as we virtually never tire out, and we are generally good at unlocking energy stores from anywhere, so once we find our optimum pace we can get and stay lean easily. However if you want a record pace in the 5 mile or below range, you will be working harder than the more distance biased runners.

Both systems will work for both types of runners but if you are finding one doesn't suit you, switch and that will.

Running is one of the easiest way of exercising! Aside from giving you the physical health benefits,it also gives you the benefits of mental and emotional health.

Be conscious of bikers nearing you from behind and try to keep to the right. Try to pay unique interest when operating with songs. Run experiencing visitors. Never believe a car recognizes you. Give horse extensive berths on paths and stroll as you successfully pass them unless you appreciate a hoof to the melons.
Always bring I.D. because you just never know.

I wanted to avoid injury, so I watched some videos about how to run correctly. And I spent plenty of time getting shoes that suited me. And I started out s-l-o-w.
It worked! I was doing 5K in a couple of months of lazy practice and I'm up to four miles now.
There are plenty of great web resources to spend time with.
Pete

Great running tips for beginners and will be of great help for them to stick with running to meet their fitness goals and to avoid any discomfort and injury on future. Running is great to lose weight by burning fat and boosting metabolism.

I have just started running again after years. Mostly because of injury, but needed to get back at it. I have found the Couch to 5k program working for me. I just started week two today. There is even a free app for your phone that tells you when to run and walk plus you can play your music with it.

-Is the app called Couch to 5k? I couldn't find it. I've also been using the program losely.. It's been good on me. My phone freezes up when my timer goes off, I suppose the clock app and music apps just aren't working together very well. :/

If anybody want to start running. Firstly, he needs to warm up their body, otherwise their can face muscle cramp or other injuries, if they directly start running after long time or first timer. He needs to go for walk for 3-4 days, then starts running for 1-2 km for few days. By this their body will used to for running or other workouts, after few days increase your running track length as your body insist. So, thats my advice for beginner or starting after long period.

I always find it easy to keep a pace with my breathing. My pattern is : first step/short inhale, second step/short inhale, third step/short exhale, forth step/short exhale. This really keeps me focused for a long time and I enjoy my runs.

A fellow plodder. I find it easier to simply find a pace and keep to it. I still do intervals because I find them hard but my main strength is always constant pace work.

Don't run too often
Start with low mileage.
Get yourself fitted for a good pair of running sneakers
Drink lots of water
Don't compare yourself to other runners

Well I started walking then jogging and run for small intervals as I was not in shape to start running right away. I still have to figure out the right form for me though.

Very helpful and informative tips for beginners. Thanks for sharing.

Back