Reminder to self

widehips

20 September 2004

Current weight: 155 lbs
Long-term goal weight: 125 lbs

I'm thinking 1 1/2 lbs per week.
There are approximately 14 weeks left this year.
14 x 1.5 lbs = 21 lbs
That sounds too good to be true.
Maybe 1 lb per week so that 14 weeks = 14 lbs

Everyone else seems to exercise a lot.
I don't really have the equipment. At best, I only jog.
Hopefully I'll lose something.

20 September 2004

Breakfast:
- 1 plate of scrambled eggs (can too much of eggs be bad?)
- 1 glass of nonfat milk
- 1/2 glass of chocolate milk
- 1/2 of soda (I know I should've eliminated this, but I was craving)

Snack:
- 1 apple
- 1 banana

Lunch:
- 4 slices of pb&j sandwich

Snack:
- 1 apple

Dinner:
- 1 slice of pizza (it was a VERY thin one...)
- 1 glass of nonfat milk
- 1/2 glass of soda (again, I was craving)
- 1 apple

I don't really know how much calories I consumed, but I think this is pretty good. That is, considering I normally eat twice as much. What will happen if you never eat vegetables, though?

not eating vegetables is not a particularly good idea... lots of vitamins and minerals so good for the body!! snack on veggies or include them in your meals... as for the pop... no worries... diet looks good.... drink diet pop if you're concerned.. you can buy like 5 or 10 lb dumbbells and do some light strength training... its so easy to find excercises also... keep it up... very impressive... i have the biggest sweettooth ever! thats what i need to work on!

i can see why you are losing weight, but you can't maintain a healthy life with this amount of food ... you make yourself prone to illness and fatigue. Most of use workout so that we can eat normally and still lose weight. You don't need any equipment to work out, just improvise. You can always do situps, pushups and dips no matter where you are. With a good imagination, you can use everyday furniture and items as resistance and weight.

hi there,

the other are correct, you should include veggies in your meals and it is better to eat 4-6 times a day rather than just 3 times.
I didn't thing your plan looked that bad, but you should eat enough to stay energized throughout the day. From what I learned you should ensure that your bloodsugar stays level, which means that you should eat every 2-4 hours depending on the meal (snack or meal), and you should avoid foods that will spike your blood sugar to much, such as foods that are high in sugar.

Yea, I suppose it is better to eat several times a day. However, due to circumstances around here it's impossible. :( In fact, my snacks are basically the leftovers of the previous meal.

I don't know if this meal plan is really bad. I thought I was just cutting unnecessary calories and switching to fruits. What food do you suggest I should add?

Last edited:
21 September 2004

Breakfast:

Snack:
- 2 apples

Lunch:
- 1 bowl of vegetables (I'm not sure what they were, but they were green)
- 1 bowl of soup
- 1 banana
- 1 glass of chocolate milk
- 1/2 glass of soy milk

Dinner:
- 2 oatmeal cookies
- 1 cup of chocolate milk
- 1 apple

22 September 2004

Breakfast:
- 1 plate of scrambled eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 glass of nonfat milk

Snack:
- 1 p&b sandwich

Lunch:
- 1 p&b sandwich
- 1 banana

Snack:
- 2 apples

Dinner:
- 1 sack of m&m

Last edited:
23 September 2004

Breakfast:
- 1 plate of scrambled eggs (I think one of these days I'm gonna get a heart attack from all the eggs' cholesterol, but I can't stop myself)
- 1 glass of orange juice

Early Lunch:

Later Lunch:
- 1 bowl of veggies

Snack:
- 1 apple

Dinner:
- 1 chicken burger

you need more protein in your day, too. I like to have a no-carb piece of chicken all by itself as a mid-afternoon snack. Also, without having more meat in your diet, you will have to search out the nutrients that you can only get from meat in other places.

Thanks for the advice. :)
But I'm one of those people who don't believe in low-carb diet.

24 September 2004

Breakfast:
- 2 apples

Lunch:
- 1 turkey sandwich
- 1 cup of apple sauce
- 2 cookies

Snack:
- 1 apple

Dinner:
- 2 slices of pizza
- 1 bowl of veggies
- 1 boiled egg

25 September 2004

Breakfast:

Snack:
- 2 apples

Lunch:
- 1 1/2 plate of scrambled eggs
- 1 bowl of veggies
- 1 banana

Snack:
- 1 banana
- some junk food :eek:

Dinner:
- 1 slice of pizza
- 1 banana
- 1 glass of nonfat milk

Sorry, I wasn't trying to push a low-carb diet. Protein is the essential building block for our bodies, so you need a good source of it. And, meat is the best source ... you can get some from milk and other products, but it's not the same quality.

hi there,

still keeping on track??? How is your progress?

Back