Pattyloo's Diary

Taking it one day at a time is a smart idea. I wish I could do IF. I think it makes so much sense.

Completed week 2 with another 1 lb loss. This brings me to 8.5 lbs lost in 2 weeks. I'm very pleased with these results.

I'm to the point where 16/8 is a normal day for me now. And I'm sometimes able to do 18/6. (I did two 18/6 days in Week 2).

By making a daily commitment that 'today I will do 18/6 IF', I've mentally removed the choice to eat or not eat throughout the day. Sometimes I think about some nice leftovers in the fridge while I'm relaxing in the evening. But, I tell myself that I can have them for breakfast.

During week 2, I learned that I have control to do this every day if I want to. I think it comes from repetition and knowing that I've been successful most of the days each week.

Completed Week 3 of IF and am down another lb. My total loss is 9.5 lbs, which is awesome. I've lost 1 lb each week for the past 2 weeks. I'm happy if I can keep up losing 1 lb per week.

I am hungry every evening, but by the time it starts, I have only a couple hours to bedtime. Same for morning. If I get up at 6am hungry, I only have to keep busy for 3 hours and then I can eat. I'm happy doing 16/8.

Congratulations! Great that you've found something that really works for you. A pound a week is a very respectable rate of loss.

Back