Out of the abyss; My continuing journey of enlightenment, physically, emotionally mentally.

LOL, I caught it, I caught it, you can't pretend it didn't happen.
That is so funny! I had called Dave, Dave & then I proceeded on to the other diaries & then went "whoops, I used the wrong name & went back & edited it to TDT, so it's even worse. I had the right name in the first place! :blush5:

That is so funny! I had called Dave, Dave & then I proceeded on to the other diaries & then went "whoops, I used the wrong name & went back & edited it to TDT, so it's even worse. I had the right name in the first place! :blush5:
It just gave me a giggle is all. :p

Work out, push and legs;

Bench press 5x5x125lb(+5) This was a real push to get the last rep done, but I did it.
Leg presses 5x5x370lb (+20) Honestly just bumped it to 370lb to see if I could do it, and I managed all 5 sets, so this becomes my new baseline.
BB overhead presses 5x6x60lbs Added reps because the fixed barbells don't go higher than 60lbs. I really am going to have to switch to DB's because they have lots more of them there.
Leg curls 3x8x160lb
Leg extensions 2x8x140lb I gave up on the third set because the last couple of reps my knee was making clicking noises. Not painful and everything seems fine, but I wasn't going to push it.
Pec flys 5x5x140lb.

The last couple of nights at work I've binged a bit. Not terrible, but not fully in control either, and not good food choices. I've been over my target calorie intake (deficit) but not much more than a maintenance level would likely be. Problem is that I have been very crave-y. This is a behavior pattern I need to address. I know my brain well enough to see it as a potential early warning sign. This is why I'm calling myself out here on it.

Hey TDT, I know that feeling of the borderline bingeing, wish I could offer a silver bullet to help. I do know that getting it under control will help. Hard to stop the cravey feelings, but not acting on them, though hard is the right thing to do. Wish I could tell you I never have acted on them, but I have been able to resist more often than not. Let's both try to do that!

I'm in the same boat as Rob. Except I never fully stopped binging even while losing weight. At least not more than a couple of months at a time. I guess I'll spend the rest of my life working on strategies to control it. The one that's most important for me is not to undereat, which happens quite a lot now that I've stopped counting calories and still want to eat healthy.

So my official contest weight is 282.4, so it is still a loss, but only 2lb for the week. I'll take it.
Workout today was short, I was short for time, so I just hit the big groups.

Pull
Cable lat pull downs 5x5x160lb
Cable Rows 5x5x140lb (+10)
Seated leg press 5/5/370lb

I posted progress pic in that topic. I was really camera shy when I was super heavy, so I didn't have any pics, but then a friend posted some memory pics on FB and one of them was me. This was right before I went into my first detox, so yeah, right around 400lbs in that picture.

Huh, a Sunday workout and post. Mrs got a new job and is working today, so I got up and hit the gym.

Push
Bench press 5x5x130lb (+5)
Seated leg press 3x5x370lb, 2x5x380lb
BB overhead presses 5x5x60lb
Leg extensions 5x5x130lb
Leg curls 5x5x150lb
Pec flys 5x5x130lb
Triceps cable push downs 3x6x70lb, Overshot the weight on this. I'll go back and do 5 sets next time with a little less weight. I didn't have enough gas in the tank to do more.

So, the rain around here is making me slightly crazy. As can be seen in my avatar, I like to ride my motorcycle. June was wonderful. I was able to ride my bike probably 4-5 days out of the week. I put on nearly 2000 miles in a month. So far in July it has rained something like 17 out of 18 days. I've only been able to take the bike out for any appreciable riding on two occasions. Looks like maybe next week we finally start to clear up some, but not until late in the week. Summer is short enough around here!

Pull
Cable lat pull downs 3x5x160, 2x5x165lb I actually started at 165, but realized quickly that I wasn't ready for the extra 5lbs, so I backed off.
Cable Rows 5x5x150 (+10) These were a stretch to finish, but I did it.
Delt Flys 5x5x110lb
Hammer curls 3x8x30lb DB's

Abs (crunches), lower back (Roman chair).

I think I may shift my focus some. I've been pushing to get muscular development going. The reasoning being simply that I was so out of shape, that the bar was set pretty low to begin with. Right now I can feel, and see the difference in the way my body has changed. I am not losing a lot of weight at the moment though. I realize that some of this is the simple difference of muscle vs. fat density. I've also only recently started adding cardio back into the mix.

I think the next phase I'm going to focus on muscle preservation (i.e. not pushing so much for resistance gains as maintaining my current level of strength), and increase cardio. I'm also going to start paying more attention to food choices and tracking caloric deficit better. I've been lazy about that. All of this will be easier once I move back into my own house this weekend with my wife.

I've truly appreciated all that my kids have done for me and my wife in regard to keeping us away from the bottle. Honestly, they've saved our lives. When living with my daughter however, healthy food choices have been somewhat limited when there is a six year old around and things like convenience food and snacks are always present. Additionally, she cooks with a much higher carb content than I would prefer. For both the diabetes reason as well as overall weight loss, my system likes to have much fewer carbs around. For instance, a steak on the grill is a great choice, but when served up with a pasta salad instead of a garden salad, maybe not as much. That and she is a fantastic cook as well as baker, so she tends to bake goodies that I have a really tough time staying away from.

Having delicious, highly calorie-dense food around all the time definitely makes things harder. Best of luck with the move!

Having delicious, highly calorie-dense food around all the time definitely makes things harder. Best of luck with the move!
:iagree: with LaMa. It should be easier to eat healthy when you move back home. I hope everything works well for you.

Thanks Cate and LaMaria! Case in point. This morning I had bought myself low fat cottage cheese, some protein bars and some baby carrots to snack on while I'm at work overnight. I went to my meeting, and when I came back, they had made Reuben sandwiches, including an extra one for me to bring to work. Reubens happen to be one of my favorites, but think about this, full fat swiss cheese, Russian dressing and corned beef brisket. Add in the butter used on the outside to grill it and we have a pretty heavy calorie hit compared to low fat cottage cheese and carrot sticks! Also pretty damn hard to say no to when someone has put the time in already to cook it.

In other news, took the day off from the gym today. I got up this afternoon and just couldn't muster the motivation. I'll definitely go tomorrow after my psych appt. My brain gets buzzy if I don't work some of it off.

they had made Reuben sandwiches, including an extra one for me to bring to work. Reubens happen to be one of my favorites, but think about this, full fat swiss cheese, Russian dressing and corned beef brisket. Add in the butter used on the outside to grill it and we have a pretty heavy calorie hit compared to low fat cottage cheese and carrot sticks! Also pretty damn hard to say no to when someone has put the time in already to cook it.
I know that feeling, but you know there are ways to manage it. Tell your friends why you can't eat it, take it but don't eat it, or take in and eat for several meals. I know you are managing alcohol and suspect you do the first when offered a drink. This is not much different. On the positive side, it is nice to have friends who will make you a sandwich, I also really like the Rubin.

Your weight loss is very impressive! I also have trouble finding before pictures, spent a lot of years hiding from the camera, I got pretty good at it.

Keep up the good work, all of it not just the diet!

Push and legs

Bench press 4x5x140lb (+10lb). I was only going to go up 5, but the guy using the bench in front of my had 140 loaded and I decided to see if I could do it. I barely got the last rep up, so I skipped the 5th set. At least I know I can do it. I'm not sure if I'll drop back next time or try at 140 again.
Seated leg press 5x5x380lb
Leg extensions 5x5x140 (knees didn't get wonky at this weight, this time, so I'll call it +10lb
Leg curls 5x5x165 (+5lb)
BB overhead press 5x6x60lb Added 1 rep to each set because this is the max wgt. available for fixed BB's at the gym,
Pec flys 5x5x140lb
Cable triceps push downs 3x8x50lb.

All around very satisfied with the workout today. I don't think I could have put much more effort into it than I did. Will take tomorrow off from weights and go cycling instead. The weather finally cleared! :hurray: I should be able to ride my motorcycle to work the rest of the week.

Food
I took the liberty of entering the remaining meals into my fitness pal for the night. ASSUMING that I stick with what I have, and don't go off the rails tonight, my calories are good, maybe even low, so there is some wiggle room if I do and keep it smart. Again, using the app, the calculated RMR for a 2lb per week loss is 2110 for lightly active. Tomorrow it will be a little higher if I cycle.

1810kcal, 125g protein, 207g carbs, 24g fiber (maybe a little low, but not bad), 58g fat.

From a macro standpoint, I'm high (268%) on vitamin A (not bad) and over by 700g on sodium, but My BP has been so much better after quitting the booze that I'm not going to stress about that.

Everything else I'm within a few percentage points of right on the money.

It all sounds good tdt. I usually input my food in advance. I find it helps to keep me within my calorie goal & I can add the things I am lacking- almost always protein.

Back