one day at a time

Debrakim

Hello, My name is Debra. I'm 42years old and soon to be 43 next week. My weight is somewhere around 250 pounds. My goal is to lose 80-100 pounds. I haven't put a time frame on this, but I hope by this time next year, I will look and feel alot better.

For months I have been telling myself that "tomorrow", I will start to eat better and exercise. Today IS that tomorrow. I will take this a day at a time. I am not calling this a diet, but a new way of life. I am doing this not only for me but for my 13y/o daughter who is also overweight. I am a single parent...it is just she and I ( I have a grown son).

Several years ago, I lost 62 pounds (from 263 down to 201). Obviously, I put almost all of it back on. Why? I don't really know, I just slowly fell back into bad eating habits and quit exercising. So, I know how to do this. I just have to get back in same mind set and I feel pretty motivated now. The hardest thing is finding time to exercise, which is the most important.

I have been reading posts all morning long. I find them very encouraging and motivating. Good luck and best wishes to everyone.

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs
3 cups of coffee with splash of cream

Debra

Welcome Debra!! I'm sure you'r going to love it here, everyone is so very helpful and supportive! Sounds like you have a great attitude! Check in here often for support! Good luck Debra, I know you can do this!!

Thanks newbride02!!! It is so encouraging to just read your post. I know it's only 1:30, but I haven't messed up yet!! lol

Back