Weight-Loss "Oldies vs. Newbies" Challenge Results

Weight-Loss
Hey Guys!!!!.....Sorry that I personaly didnt tally up the newbie results.
Actualy I did figure out the difference of their weight loss on paper just not the percentage. Thanks Amomono...for doing that!!!....And I know you have been real busy here lately. So that means alot to me that you did it.

MissJelly had PM me on Wed night. She asked me what she should do about the ones who had not posted their final weight but was regular at posting in their team thread. I told her if they had not posted by Thursday night to give them a zero weight loss and just figure out the totals....( I figured 3 days was long enoughto be given a chance to post.... just incase they could not get to a computer...or was having a personal problem)

So.....Congrats to all the winners....or should I say losers???....Thats a good word around here. Oh unless I just didnt see it...which team won out of the Newbies?.....All winners need to post their address to receive a post card...if they are not comfortable with that...we can send them a ecard ....

Newbies winning team would be:

Blue Team!!!

MissJellyBelly posted all of the final weights for the newbies at the beginning of the original post about the Newbie challenge. She dropped some people since they had not participated the whole time.

hmm... that changes some of the results if they were dropped all together... I think that we pretty much decided that if you started it, and didn't check back in then you count as a "zero" weight loss... if they had asked to be dropped out, or the team booted them, that is different, but the way we have been going if you didn't post a result, it counts as a zero...

i don't know how you guys wanna do it... if we drop those two, then I think the magenta team wins (the one that had two members drop)... if we keep them, then our results are above...

Last edited:
Okay......I know I send Redneck woman a postcard.......But the over all winning team for the whole challange is Ageless wonders????.....Or is it the Newbies Magenta team??.....I am confused!!!!....And I want to get the postcards out.......

Drumroll.......

Hello everyone!:D

Geez, no one even mentioned to me that you all were posting this thread. I would have been all over it, had I known. I've been waiting to hear from KC as to the final oldie results, so that I could post the final results all at once, without the confusion of multiple calculations and the accounting for flakes. Oh well, what can I do? :confused:

:cool: (I personally don't agree that teams with no shows should have to count them as a "O". I think they should be completely removed from the competition. We can't be responsible for flakes and it's discouraging for those who actually hung in there. So that means if people no show in future challenges, that the whole team suffers?) Hmmm Anyone agree with me?

I appreciate those of you who tried to calculate up the newbie scores, but I got different results. I did it in excel, so these figures are right as far as I can see. (Let me know if you find otherwise) Here are the newbie results:

Red Team
1. honeychild -1.53%
2. Beagle -0.51%
3. MissJellyBelly -1.73%
4. Sandy -0.76%
5. tallgirl -2.60%

Red Team Starting Weight: 918 lbs
Ending Weight: 903
Total Team Loss: -12lbs Percentage: -1.31%

Blue Team
1. t'is4me -0.93%
2. heidipye -3.48%
3. amndpu -1.89%
4. Iwillgetthere -3.60%
5. Chocolatemama -2.65%

Blue Team Starting Weight: 829 lbs
End Weight: 808.5
Total Team Loss: -21lbs Percentage: -2.47%

Green Team
1. MommyOf2 -1.73%
2. Hypo Hippo -1.35%
3. Christinanva -2.16%
4. JessLynn -2.29%
5. NCBride2Be2006 -2.77%

Green Team Starting Weight: 1126 lbs
End Weight: 1102
Total Team Loss: -24lbs Percentage -2.13%

Indigo Team
1. whodini64 -2.20%
2. KasumiNeko (Dropped)
3. Catesweight -2.69%
4. FlabtoGo -2.58%
5. Kelonzo -1.48%

Indigo Team Starting Weight: 794 lbs
End Weight: 777lbs
Total Team Loss: 17lbs Percentage: -2.14%

Magenta Team
1. OceanSalty (Dropped)
2. Meredith -1.46%
3. July22 (Dropped)
4. Redneckwoman -4.35%

Magenta Team Starting Weight: 367 lbs
End Weight: 355 lbs
Total Team Loss:-12lbs Percentage: -3.27%

Newbie Team Start Weight: 4031lbs
End Weight: 3946lbs
Overall Loss: -2.12% (85.5lbs)

This was a really close competition! :eek:

:D Looks like the Oldies won the overall competition for highest percentage of -2.3%.

As far as individual teams go, looks to me like the Newbie Magenta Team rocked it with -3.27%!

Ageless wonders rocked it for the Oldie Team at -3.1%.

All the teams did a great job!!!! Way to go!

Does this sound fair to everyone? Let me know!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited:
Since I dont know Squaddiddly about the mathmatics of it all....I am guessing it is correct.....
Counting some one as "0"....means that they were posting regulary on their teams thread....but did not bother posting their end result. ( And we gave them enough time to do so)....While it may seem somewhat unfair....it is part of the challange. We as a team are free to "kick" off team members that do not post with in so many days......if we are checking our teams threads regulary we would see who was not posting........It suxs when someone doesnt play by the rules......But you cant play the whole game and then in the end dont post..( because maybe you have gained)....and then not be counted towards the result....so its better to have a zero than a gain.

Also ....for the 2 people who NEVER posted on their teams thread..I would NOT count them in the result.....but remind all newbies that NEXT time they need to kick those individuals off that are not posting...
It is not our responsiabilty to go through all the teams threads making sure everyone is posting ......Play the game right people and you wont get kicked off..play the game right....and you wont have a sorry members lack of team support go against you for the end results

Im with you their Kim I think if you sign up for the Darn challenges participate and if you dont you deserve a big fat 0, its only fair to do it that way I think.

It has come to my attention that some people are not sending the winners postcards....If it is because of a lack of money....winners would still be thrilled to get an ecard..or even a PM from you!!!!!.......If you cant be bothered to send something...dont bother playing in the challange!!!!

Im poor as poor can be but I will still send the winners postcards I know how good it feels to get them, mine are still on my fridge!!!!

Speaking of sending cards I still need some more address for Christmas cards. Please PM me address es girls so I dont forget any of you!!!!!!!!!

K so i'm confused... I'm fairly new here and am trying to do everything right, but are we all supposed to send the winners postcards???? Is that the standard procedure? If so I do apologize because I wasn't aware!

Where do I get addresses and names from?

TIA,
Michelle

I'm with Honeychild. I'm new and confused. :eek: Exactly who gets the cards? Has a winner been determined since there was some confusion with the newbie teams?

Okay ...heres the deal my patient forum sisters....LoL...

I went back and looked at some of the last challange threads. I think it is fair to say that maybe the newbies didnt know about the kicking off non posting members ....Kasumineko and July22 posted only once and was never heard from again.....so there for they should have been dropped. Oceansalty posted quite regularly. So I feel she should have been counted as a zero and not as a dropped.

With that said.....and because of all the confusion......we will go ahead and go by MissJellyBellys calculations. ( She was the one who helped get the Newbies versus Oldies on the ball)
The Magenta team is the overall winners of the challange. There for Redneck woman and Merideth need to post their address so we can send them a postcard. If they are uncomfortable about giving their address we can send them a ecard to their email address....or we can PM a congratulations .

Also Redneck woman is the biggest loser over all.....( but she was on the winning team so she is automaticaly gonna receive postcards)

I personaly am going to send my team members a postcard from me......You can do this for your own teams also..but it is not mandatory. But it is a nice way of saying thanks for the support.

Sorry we took forever posting this stuff up.....I still like the fact we werent having to meet a "goal"..and were abel to lose what we could.
Thank you to everyone that played fair and posted and gave motivation to their teams. I know you all made some friends out of this!!!!!

Last edited:
Back