Sport NHE (National Health Educators) Certification

Sport Fitness
Wow, apparently this debate has been going on for several years. I am trying to find out as much as I can about NHE. I find it interesting (and odd) that not much comes up when doing a search. I was recently contacted about a potential job, spoke with a hiring manager, and took and passed the master trainer exam. I received an email stating that I had passed, and said I was given a code, but no code was in the email. I had to respond to the email to get the code. I then had to send the hiring manager an email to get any response from him, as to what the next step might be. He said he needed my original resume that was posted online for him to continue; a later email stated that he needed the original email on file before he could even start the process, but he apparently started the process before he had this on file. He also thought it was interesting that I had not told him that he did not have my resume on file; how was I supposed to know? They contacted me. I told him that although I have a resume on Monster.com, it is not accessible for public viewing, and I do not have one on Careerbuilder, but I forwarded him the original email I received stating they got my resume off of Careerbuilder. I also attached a copy of my current resume. I also downloaded a copy of my resume off of Monster.com (2 years old), but when downloaded, it did not show that it came from that site, so he said that was unacceptable. If this all sounds confusing, it is, and it ended with me getting furious with him. He told me I was stalling, called me deceitful and a liar. When I was trying to get him the information he requested, but what he was requesting made no sense. I am just trying to find out if this is a legit company, a legit opportunity or not. I obviously will never be able to work for them, I just need some personal satisfaction. I do have the satisfaction of knowing that I passed a difficult exam, although the format of it was the stupidest I've ever seen.

Congratulations on passing the exam, it's well put together and challenging.

NHE is a very serious company and they have some tough recruitment guidelines. They don't mess around and I've read where if they think for a minute that you are being deceitful, or not truthful about anything and they find out about it, they will can your ass. Having a two year old resume online, that can't be viewed by anyone sounds very unrealistic. If you told me that story, I would think you were lying too. It doesn't make any sense.

Sounds to me like you blew it. You should've come clean at the very beginning and not let them discover the irregularities on their own. You certainly should not have lost your cool when they called you on it.

I just opened an account with this site so that I could express my opinion on the posts about NHE, and whether it's a legitimate company or not. I was directed to this site when I did a Google search for NHE. I, too, was contacted via email several times over the last year from NHE, saying something to the effect that my "resume" qualified me for many of their open positions". I don't have a resume, so I wasn't sure what they were talking about. I don't feel like posting every detail of the process, but, basically, the job I'm interested in was the Content Writer position, $300-$800 per submission. As I've read here and on Starting-a-personal-training-business.com and BodyBuilding.com, there are quite a few posts regarding the training manual that you are strongly encouraged to purchase in order to pass the test. Also, their credibility has been called into question on all threes sites. The common theme I see is as follows: A poster asks a legitimate question about NHE. These questions vary, some having questions about the purchase of a training manual, others about whether NHE is a legitimate company. In every instance the poster is subject to name-calling or swearing. Also, the posters in favor of NHE seem not to be able to answer many questions coherently and instead resort to calling the people questioning NHE things like "loser", "stupid", etc. In one post a defender of NHE's practices questioned why someone didn't have the money to buy a manual, calling him all kinds of nasty names and saying that anyone who can't come up with the money for the manual is a loser. In another, the poster called a representative of one of the websites a whore! If these are the types of people NHE has supporting them, I think I'll stay far, far away. Ok, I fully expect a reply slamming my intelligence, moral character, etc., etc. Whatever, I just couldn't let this last post, above, pass without adding to the thread.

I am scheduled to NHE Master Trainer Exam Sunday - it is all online....does this mean I can use my study notes?? Does anyone know?

I am scheduled to NHE Master Trainer Exam Sunday - it is all online....does this mean I can use my study notes?? Does anyone know?

It's not like the ISSA exam. The fact that it's online is irrelevant because of the format and time restrictions. I doubt you'll be able to get away with it because their won't be enough time to filter through your notes. You are better off knowing the material. Studying from the guide is the smartest way to take an NHE exam.

I can't believe we're still talking about this old stuff?

TrainerT- We've all seen that homemade 'forum' by that David Swatzer guy or what ever his name is. He calls himself 'Katie' so that he can scam people online. You need to be careful where you join online. If the site doesn't have a membership protocol (like this site), it may not be a real website, which means you are probably not joining in on a real conversation. It's just one guy pretending to be several people, just to lure traffic to the site. The key is to use hot tags, like NHE or ACE or NASM to draw people to the site. Once you're there, heaven knows what happens to your info.

My guess is he probably tried to get hired at NHE and got turned away and so he created a phony 'forum' to try and make it seem like all of these people were mad at NHE to get people to visit his site so that he can sell his study guides. It's actually pretty funny!

The guy is a total scammer. The BBB rated his site a D-

I can't believe we're still talking about this old stuff?

TrainerT- We've all seen that homemade 'forum' by that David Swatzer guy or what ever his name is. He calls himself 'Katie' so that he can scam people online. You need to be careful where you join online. If the site doesn't have a membership protocol (like this site), it may not be a real website, which means you are probably not joining in on a real conversation. It's just one guy pretending to be several people, just to lure traffic to the site. The key is to use hot tags, like NHE or ACE or NASM to draw people to the site. Once you're there, heaven knows what happens to your info.

My guess is he probably tried to get hired at NHE and got turned away and so he created a phony 'forum' to try and make it seem like all of these people were mad at NHE to get people to visit his site so that he can sell his study guides. It's actually pretty funny!

The guy is a total scammer. The BBB rated his site a D-

Starting a personal training business.com is a total scam! The picture of 'Katie' is a stock photo that anyone can download from fotosearch.com. Why do people try to trick visitors into believing they are these sweet, girl next door types with trustworthy businesses, when in fact they are just rip off artists looking to scam you?

Welp... looks like the BBB caught on and they have an 'F' rating and are non-accredited. There's no information about them or any employees. The address is a box at a UPS store. After searching I got nothing but people reporting scams. The complaints are always met with multiple accounts with the same IP address calling them stupid or a moron or whatever... similar to here. Looks like the dude uses the name 'Jay White' and has been involved with several scams in the past.

Back