Sport NHE (National Health Educators) Certification

Sport Fitness
NHE Certification

They probably have one of the best non collegiate programs. NHE also has a really good master trainer program too. Another good nutrtion certification is acsm, which can be used for ceu's.

Thanks for the reply! This site is fast!! I have asked around and everyone seems to say acsm is the best. One of my college professors recommended national health educators and so that's why I'm not sure. There is a trainer at my club that is certified through NHE and he recommends them too. But he says their exams are really hard to pass.

They have extremely difficult exams. I highly recommend their study guide or any book on medical nutrition therapy because it's more clinical too.

National Health Educators Certification

ACSM has a weight management program that is pretty good. It's not a nutrition credential but it teaches a lot about nutrition. Obviously :)

Thanks for the info. I basically purchased the study guide and it has been extremely helpful. Their program is really good and I’m excited to be involved. I just hope I can make some additional income from having this added expertise.

National health educators

You will. It is very common these days for trainers to possess two or more certifications. Many owners are not familiar with some of the newer programs out, so make sure you provide them with as much information as possible. NHE is one of the better certs, although far less recoginizable. NPTI is also a good program but many gyms don't accept their program simply because they are unfamilar with it. Same with WITS.

I think fitness nutrition is awesome becuase without a clear understanding of metabolism, macro and micro, BMI, etc, the client isn't going to get the most out of the sessions. Diet is the key to getting the results expeditiously.

It's funny how all 3 of the screen names with the low post counts above all have the same IP address.....I smell something.....

Great investigative work Sherlock. Maybe it's because we're all Marines based out in California. Notice how we all identify ourselves instead of using some ridiculous "code name".

By the way, I certainly didn't do a tour in Iraq, trying to spread freedom and democracy, only to come home and get treated like a communist. You have a lot of balls looking into my "private" account. Unless a post is obvious spam or flamming, what gives you the right to peek into your members accounts?

By the way, I certainly didn't do a tour in Iraq, trying to spread freedom and democracy, only to come home and get treated like a communist. You have a lot of balls looking into my "private" account. Unless a post is obvious spam or flamming, what gives you the right to peek into your members accounts?

First off, we don't "peek" into any accounts.

Your IP address is clearly visible to see to all moderators so we can control spamming on the board. We have had countless threads that looked just like this one and all of them were spammers. If your not a spammer, then don't take offense.

Plain and simple. :)

What? Only someone who is not a spammer would take offense! Besides, how could I be a spammer? Do you see any links on any of my posts? I'm not directing anyone to go anywhere with a link or providing any special offers or anything like that.

Just becuase I don't spend every minute of everyday posting on this website (3,795 posts!) doesn't mean you have to be rude.

Anyway, your apology is accepted :)

NHE and Scirion the same thing?

So, Like apparently many many others I have found NHE. I found them through craigslist awhile back. They were offering free certs at the time, I think they said to evaluate their exam process or something like that. I signed up for the cert, was supposed to receive an email when it was time for the exam, but never received it. I emailed them about it but never heard back.

Then I went on the site to see what was going on. I then saw they were hiring. Among other positions they were hiring exam processors. Again you cant test for free, and like before there is an optional study guide.

What the heck, I signed up as a processor and got an email saying that I would have to pass the exam to be hired. You have to pass an exam at or above the level of whatever you are grading.

So, we'll see...

But in the mean time Ive been trying to find info about them, and these are the bread crumbs I have found. IF you go to www-starting-a-personal-training-business dot com you will see references to a company called Scirion in the discussion about NHE.

So then I looked up Scirion.

Scirion, like NHE is quite elusive...??? Hmmm...

So I find this thread about NHE and see L7's comments about there being posts from the same IP address...

Well, guess what?!?! On this same forum the SAME PEOPLE are posting and saying positive things about SCIRION, just like they are for NHE.

Not trying to be a trouble maker, but Im willing to bet the 2 of the 3 people are

1) oliverb
2) Diane Lambert

Dunno...

Would love for it to be legit...but me thinks not.:confused:

Who cares??

I saw the NHE ad on Careerbuilder.com and had never heard of them before so I figured I’d do some research. I basically asked the trainers at my gym and a couple of them had never heard of them but about five others had. The ones that had heard of them said that they are relatively new and that they have “college-type” programs. One trainer actually was certified by them and said it was one of the better programs he ever had, which weighed in a lot because he has over 20 years experience in the field. After further consideration about NHE, I called and talked to a couple of people at NHE. One lady, (I think her name was Kathy, never returned my call, but I talked to Chris and Heather and they were very helpful. I talked to Heather for about 30 minutes and after talking to her there is no doubt in my mind that they are legitimate. I guess there will be a lot of doubters out there and people trying to bring them down, but I think it is probably a bunch of jealousy out there because people just feel more comfortable with ACE or NASM. Change is not always welcomed and new comers always get it the worst.

I try to take what I read online with a grain of salt, whether its good or bad because everyone has their own motivation, especially from a site like starting a personal training business.com. That site is very sketchy and the people who post there are not even members. They are all “anonymous” posters. (Real reliable) I am very cautious about any negative posts because to me, if you don’t believe in someone or a particular company, why would you waste your time registering as a member on some site, and writing about an experience you never had? That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. If you have actual experience that could prove helpful to someone, that’s one thing, but to ramble on about something you know nothing about is not really beneficial or even worse, express you skepticism to people who don’t even know you. That’s just weird but I guess that’s just me.

I agree. Your concern is a bit bewildering. From what I understand, the exam is supposed to be free for employees. That’s true for any company-training program. They are always free. All you have to do is sign up, take the exam and wait for the results. What’s the big deal? Either you know your stuff or you do not. If you’re stressed that you may need a study guide, then maybe you shouldn’t be pretending you are ready for the job. Let someone else, who doesn’t need to study, get the job. You are basically wasting everyone’s time if you don’t currently possess the expertise level and feel you need to study for an exam you should already be able to pass. I read their job posting and it didn’t say, “no experience necessary, we will train you.”

In any case, stop stressing about it. I’m sure they are not begging for your help. I don’t think they really care whether or not you want the job. You’re spending way too much energy on something that doesn’t seem as though you are qualified for.

Back