Need ur assistance please :)

girl_smiley

Hello!

Well here's the scoop! I've moved to a new city and I don't really have any people, other than my boyfriend to support me. So I've come to you! I'm 156 lbs and I've been working out and kind of watching what I'm eating for the last 5 weeks. I lost only 4 lbs but I'm happy with that since my workouts consisted of 15-20 stairmaster and 30 mins of weight training rotating major body parts. I only worked out 3 times a week (Tues Wed Thurs) and did abs all 3 days. The weekends are ok but it's harder to watch what I eat. Well my ultimate goal is 125 lbs hopefully by end of May. I've got weddings to attend this summer. :p Soooo I'm going to try to increase my workouts by one more day on Mondays...I hate Mondays at the gym because it is so busy. BUT i'll try!! I just need to post my thoughts somewhere people can understand. NOW i hate counting calories, as a matter of fact I ddon't even know how. So maybe someone can help me decipher approx. how many calories I'm having a day. This is my typical weekday at work:

Breakfast: 1 cheese croissant, 1 lrg coffe (2crm 2 sgr)
Snack: either crackers/veggies/chocolate if im bad
Lunch: either jamaican patty/sushi/rice and fish
snack: same as above
Dinner: either 4 piece chicken fingers/michelina's microwave dinner/1slice pizza/rice & chicken (always some sort of veggies aswell)

sometimes i have 2 coffees a day - i don't even consider this a diet cuz i love my food....the good thing is i don't eat large portions...the bad thing is i'm always hungry hahahaha dunno if that's a result of working out....
I know this might be much to ask but maybe if someone has time they can give me an idea. I know if I cut some stuff like PIZZA :( i'd do better. So i thought I'll just increase my workouts and add one more day.
I've increase my cardio to 30 mins keeping HR @ 120/mins (i think that's where it has to be for fat burning)

Anyways..would appreciate any feedback!
Thank you!

NOW i hate counting calories, as a matter of fact I ddon't even know how

Mainly just look at the Nutrition Label on the product...it will say the amount of calories and fat calories and everything else about the product. Write down the amount of calories or try to remember it and write it down later. Total it up for the day and that is your days calorie intake...its simple.

sometimes i have 2 coffees a day - i don't even consider this a diet cuz i love my food.

For each coffee you have, drink an extra glass of water so you dont get dehydrated.

Little things like this will benefit your weightloss in general. Try to limit intake of fat foods like pizza to one or two days a week...GOOD LUCK

Oh yeah thanks so much for that info. I'm not sure if I'll do the calorie counting still but i'll give it a shot. As for the coffee suggestion that's a great idea. I hardly drink enough water maybe only 3 water bottles a day if that! People tell me to drink lots of water and i'll shed lbs but i don't quite understand how that's suppose to work. I'll really try to increase my water intake by a couple of bottles and see what happens. Ideally i'd like to see 10 lbs go by next month...i think that's doable!

Yes! Drinking water (especially ice cold, your body will burn more calories trying to warm up the water), especially a lot of it, will prevent water retention (your body trying to hold onto the water that it has so you won't get dehydrated).

Awsome calorie counter website, that's what I use if I'm not sure about calorie intake.

Ai, weddings...I'm going to be attending one this spring...don't even know the people (dad works with the guy...), but ah well.

Good luck!

Oh, forgot to add about water- it also flushes out chemicals and stuff, and it's really just good all around :) But also too much water can kill you (just like too little), it'll flush out all the good stuff that helps you go (electrolites, I think), so you still have to be careful. 2 liters a day (8 8 ounce glasses of water) is pretty much an average.

Welcome! and good luck with everything!!

I was definately like you and wasn't sure about the whole counting calories/dieting thing. I had been exercising on and off for a while, and wasn't seeing alot of results. But i decided to give it a shot, and I am amazed at the results. It is a bit of a hassle to pay attention to what you are eating, but it really makes you think about what you are putting into your body. Keeping a food journal helps so much, and many of us use our diaries here for that. Do whatever works for you and know if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask!

oh thanks so much....i'm vaguely starting the calorie counting but i'm trying to get more into it.....so we'll see...i like the fact of having support....

Thanks so much!

Back