Need to lose weight to follow my dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggzie2000

My name is Bryan I'm a 5'11" Male at 211lbs, 25% body fat. After being hospitalized for a while I put on a unhealthy amount of body fat(I'm perfectly fine now). My goal is to lose weight and also make myself really lean I want to be around 170lbs so that I can start cage fighting. As far as experience I am a black belt in mixed martial arts. Blue belt in jujitsu and I have wrestled all my high school. I'm a very active person but I need guidance as to what kind of exercises I need to do as well as what to eat because diet is very important. I want to lose around 30-40lbs in anywhere between 3-5 months. So basically what I'm reaching out for is to know what I need to eat and how I should work out. Even if it will be intense I can do it. Thanks.

Hi, Bryan & welcome to the forum :)

My name is Bryan I'm a 5'11" Male at 211lbs, 25% body fat. After being hospitalized for a while I put on a unhealthy amount of body fat(I'm perfectly fine now). My goal is to lose weight and also make myself really lean I want to be around 170lbs so that I can start cage fighting. As far as experience I am a black belt in mixed martial arts. Blue belt in jujitsu and I have wrestled all my high school. I'm a very active person but I need guidance as to what kind of exercises I need to do as well as what to eat because diet is very important. I want to lose around 30-40lbs in anywhere between 3-5 months. So basically what I'm reaching out for is to know what I need to eat and how I should work out. Even if it will be intense I can do it. Thanks.
Hi, Bryan & welcome to the forum :)

Hi Bryan,

One of the first things you need to do is work out your daily calorie target with a 10% deficit. If you’re not in a calorie deficit you will not lose fat, simple as that.
Training wise is down to you and how you move, I’m all for resistance training, high reps, lower rear periods etc. Throwing some cardio amongst in won’t go to harm either.
The next big thing is not increase your NEAT. This is basically the exercise you do outside of the gym. Get walking, walk to the shop, or if you drive park further away etc etc. Doing this every day burns SOO much calories and by the end of the week that’s a huge amount !
Diet wise aim to consume 1.5 g of protein per kg of weight, the rest ( carbs/ fats ) is up to you just remain in a calorie deficit!
Drink plenty water and sleep minimum 8 hours and you’ll be on the right track.
Sorry to blabber on, hope you find this helpful

You should be hitting most of your exercise needs with your martial arts training however including strength training (high weight, low reps) will help with retaining muscle in calorie deficit more than low weight high rep endurance training and will boost your power output for your strikes and kicks in the cage. Plyometric training will also help build your explosive power. Also pay close attention to muscle balance (rotator cuff in particular)

As a martial artist you want to emphasise strength over muscle size, Extra size will push you towards a higher weight division in the long run.

using the katch mcardle formula your looking at roughly 1690 calories to be in a suitable deficit at your current BF% and 87 grams of protein (based on lean mass)

i irony about brain damage is that by definition you won't see it coming.

good luck with the weight loss part.

I tell everybody to give up all sugar, grains, and starchy foods like potatoes. I did it at 50 and have lost 130 lbs and I am getting in the best shape of my life.

Closing this thread as it attracts too much spam & Bryan has not posted since his original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back