My weight loss journey

skinnyminny

Hey everyone! So I'm new here and want to start an accountability page to keep myself accountable on my weight loss journey. My starting weight was 155 (2 weeks ago) now I am 148.6. A lot of this was food weight and bloat.

My gw is 115 and I'm 5'3.

I have a short-term goal of weighing 130 June 1.

I'm married and have 2 boys and I just want to get healthier and slim!

I weigh everyday and eat 1200 calories with a cheat meal on Saturday (pizza and ice cream)

This is my normal routine
Coffee with cream
Lunch- small bowl of healthy cereal
Coffee with cream
Snack- protein bar
Supper- small portion

Welcome to the forum, Skinny! I'm happy to see a protein bar in you food list because just cereal and a small portion for dinner would probably see you lose a lot of muscle. Best of luck!

Welcome to the forum, Skinny! I'm happy to see a protein bar in you food list because just cereal and a small portion for dinner would probably see you lose a lot of muscle. Best of luck!
Thank you! Ya I've dealt with anorexia in the past so I wanted to have a healthy relationship with food, especially protien!

Doing it the healthy way is what we like to see here. It's the only way to make the weightloss last and look good anyway, but that's sometimes so hard to remember when the scale doesn't move as quickly as we'd want to...

Welcome to the forum, minny :)
Doing this the healthy way is certainly our emphasis. I think most people in here have had some sort of eating disorder & we know that is not the answer. Concentrating on getting good nutrition & finding some sort of balance that is sustainable long-term is the go. Eating well will also be a good example for your boys.

Welcome to the forum, minny :)
Doing this the healthy way is certainly our emphasis. I think most people in here have had some sort of eating disorder & we know that is not the answer. Concentrating on getting good nutrition & finding some sort of balance that is sustainable long-term is the go. Eating well will also be a good example for your boys.
Thank you! Well said

Well, today both boys are in school, I've finished my chores, ate a bowl of cereal, now I'm going on my treadmill for 20 mins. I love watching one tree hill while I walk too!

Today my weight was up again too 149 but I was having... bathroom issues. That's taken care of now, so I'll see my weight drop tomorrow.

Yesterday I cheated a bit and had a cookie and a couple bites of a muffin, so ended the day of around 1400-1500.

Edit- did my chores and worked out on my treadmill then took a nap! I love when both of my boys are in school.

Had my breakfast of cereal, an apple and a banana. At 3 (10 mins) I'll have a protein bar. Then get my boys from school, read to them then cook spaghetti for supper.

Last edited:
Little exceptions like that aren't a problem at all if they don't have a tendency of becoming a regular habit and slowly growing in size. Moderation would be much better than abstinence if you can do it.

If you can practise moderation & learn to stop after a few bites you are learning something that will hold you in good stead. If it was hunger driving you a small amount of protein might be a better option.

I binged last night and now my weight is 150.2. Oh well, new day today!

I think I'm only going to weigh once a week, every Friday so I don't drive myself crazy with these weight fluctuations.

I binged last night and now my weight is 150.2. Oh well, new day today!

I think I'm only going to weigh once a week, every Friday so I don't drive myself crazy with these weight fluctuations.

I know how you feel ........that has happened to me also ! yes a new day woo hoo

I also try to weigh myself only once a week ........seeing the ups and downs just drive me crazy also

You can do it !

We all shall do it

Hope you have a great day

Jojo

Back