My baby is almost 1 and I still look pregnant :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellen P

I am getting really tired of people asking me am I pregnant. My little girl is nearly 1 and I am still carrying a lot of weight I put on during pregnancy. I go through phases of eating well and exercising but keep falling back. I really want to make a go of loosing weight now but I'm not sure where to start. I think food is my biggest enemy - I need to make healthier choices. I'm hoping to get some support here to focus on loosing this weight. I really want to recognise myself again when I look in the mirror. Please reply with tips and support :)

I am in a similar boat! I had my son January 2014 and it's a year later... I had gotten pregnant after gaining 30 lbs and I'm just about back down to where I was when i was pregnant, but I could still stand to lose 100 lbs. I'm here if you need any support or anyone to talk to! I wish you luck and hope you are able to get on track when it comes to food cravings, i know its hard but you can do it!! :hurray:

Breastfeeding helped me a lot. Also, look for an exercise that you will enjoy, so you will not come up with excuses to do it. This was my problem at first, then I found xbox and I found my salvation (lol). I have not reached my target, but I am getting there!

i think breastfeeding is the best solution for loosing wight and also look for a exercise you will enjoy.so you wiil not come up to excuse it.

Often times we get overwhelmed with having to make all these changes to lose weight and we have trouble staying on track. I find that simple steps work better. Just concentrate on changing one small thing at a time...for example add a healthy food to your weekly meals. Like kale for example. If you can take a 10 minute walk...take it. Every small step starts to add up and you will start to see results. Don't throw in the towel!

I was in the same situation! I had my son in July 2013 and I was still my same weight when he turned 1!!! I breastfed him until he was 10 months and that did help me lose weight but I still wasn't happy with my body. My friend suggested Hcg but I cannot commit to a 500 calorie diet. SO I started taking 20 mins walks in the evening with him and walking began to jogging. With eating healthy and a little exercise I was able to tone and lose 15 pounds!!! Hang in there you will get your body back soon.

Breast feeding also helped me until I came across detox teas..I tried every tea in the world for a quick fix. Even celebrity endorsed ones but the only one I really like was the TLC tea

Hello..I'm sooo considering hcg drops as well..along with detox tea... TLC has their own called resolution where the calorie max is 1200....if decide to try it. I will post reviews

Im using shakeology plus 15mins of exercise videos. My step kids join in on the videos and we have a blast! I take the shakes in the morning to get my daily nutrition and use that as my breakfast cause the shake does fill me up. I have busy mornings and sometimes dont have the time to eat a well balanced breakfast.

@Kendra did you lose any weight by drinking TLC?
my son just turned 2 and i am only able to lose 8 kgs since his birth..(7 soon after delivery so dont even count..)
i breastfed for 2 years..still never helped me lose any weight..i musttt work very very hard in order to lose a single..this was my 2nd back to back prenancy..i was workin out and losing weight continuously after the 1st child but then got pregnant again and dont know what happened to my metabolism,i just cant lose weight the way i used to before the 2nd baby..8 kgs in 2 years is just nothingggg..

Have you ever heard of diastasis recti? It's a muscle split in your abdominal wall, common from pregnancy. A lot of the time, the tummy that won't go away or pooch you can't get rid of is actually because you need to strengthen your transverse abdominals and pull the muscle split back together. Regular ab exercises can actually make it worse, and it won't go away with just diet and exercise. Let me know if you want more info! But finding these muscles and strengthening them really helped me!

Hi Ellen,

I would be glad to give you some dietary and workout advice if you are serious about trying to get back to your goal weight. I have a pretty simple diet and work out program that works.

Hope this finds you well:)

Warmly,

Chris Rees

I am getting really tired of people asking me am I pregnant. My little girl is nearly 1 and I am still carrying a lot of weight I put on during pregnancy. I go through phases of eating well and exercising but keep falling back. I really want to make a go of loosing weight now but I'm not sure where to start. I think food is my biggest enemy - I need to make healthier choices. I'm hoping to get some support here to focus on loosing this weight. I really want to recognise myself again when I look in the mirror. Please reply with tips and support :)

You keep falling back, because you don't enjoy the 'healthy' food. You need to find a few recipes of decent healthy meals, which will become your new eating pattern. Otherwise you'll always fall back and it will be a never ending cycle of back and forth. White rice, lean meat and vegetables on the side is the best combination for weight loss. Find 10 different recipes using those ingredients, you'll be never tired of it, I promise you.

Hi Ellen,
You're not on your own :rolleyes:
Weight gain has affected my life significantly to extend that I would not even want to come out to see my friends or would avoid any social interaction:confused:
I have recently tried Forever's Clean 9 kit and I cannot recommend enough the product ! It worked amazingly and I have decided to become an an official distributor of Forever living !
And I know most of you are thinking that it's a sale post but when I had weight gain issue I would just wish that someone would recommend it this to me.

If you would like to know more please get in touch and I hope your weight loss journey will go well :party:
Jelena

Hi Ellen, It's admirable that you want to lose the baby weight. Discomfort is what brings progress :)
Here's a suggestion, get a stroller and start walking outside for just 10 minutes a day, including weekends. Then tack on five minutes every couple days until you reach at least 30 minutes. And just keeping walking everyday with baby for at least 30 minutes - that would be a great start.
In the past, I've never been able to control my eating habits...sweets were my weakness -- cookies, chocolates, cakes did not last very long in the house. I would eat it every day, throughout the day. And sticking to a regular exercise program would happen for a month or two until something threw it off. Then I'd stop.
And now being over 45, it's even more of a challenge to lose weight and inches. Right now, I've put myself through a 30-day challenge and I'm posting a video on my Facebook profile every morning. Today is Day 9. Figuring out a way to keep yourself accountable helps HUGE! Figure that out for yourself and you're well on your way to looking and feeling better when you look in that mirror. ~ Allison Kodama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back