Minx’s Diary

Good idea regarding freezing the berries. As it turns out, I cut the pie into eight pieces, and I’ve only eaten half of one. Pie just isn’t all that appealing for me. A couple bites of “oh that’s nice”, quickly turns into “k I’m done with this”. Husband enjoys the pie though, and partner took a slice too.

Partner is an Uber Eats driver, and I go out with him 1-2 times per week to keep him company. One thing I’ve noticed is that delivery food does not help with trying to keep cravings under control. Bringing people ice cream and burgers and other unhealthy things for a few hours definitely reminded me of some of the things that I wish I could be eating. But I didn’t give in and order anything for myself!

But I didn’t give in and order anything for myself!
Good for you, it sounds like a hard thing to resist. You are off to a great start, keep it up!

Today was a decent day, but so hot out. 35 degrees here. That made it hard to get motivation to do anything, but especially exercise. I napped a lot today, and had a reasonable portion of Chinese food for dinner. I’ve done two exercise videos but am supposed to do two more before bedtime. I’m really going to have to push myself for that.

My husband and I are going to a mediation regarding a legal matter tomorrow. Super anxious about that. I’m hopeful the mediation will be a good thing, but also very stressed about being in the same room with the other side. Tomorrow will had a lot of emotions and mental strain, and I know it will be hard not to compensate by eating.

I weighed 202.4 this morning, and I’m not really surprised. I’m on a medication that dehydrates me, and also causes constipation as a result. I’ve had only one tiny bowel movement since Wednesday.

Good to hear you're sensible about the scale number. I feel you on the legal stuff anxiety and so far nothing has even happened yet here!

Missed a couple days of diary. It sure has been stressful.

There was a lot of anxiety over going to the mediation. It ended up going surprisingly well, and we and the other party made a surprising amount of progress that I didn’t think would really be possible. It was a good meeting, but I was utterly exhausted by the end, and still kind of am.

My dog was injured yesterday. We have a Rottweiler, Bebe, and a mini wiener dog, Bonnie. Bonnie was on the floor beside our bed, and Bebe jumped down; she happened to land right on top of Bonnie. Seven years they’ve lived together and there’s never been an issue of Bebe accidentally squishing Bonnie. But Bonnie is now limping, won’t put any weight on her back left leg. We’ve got a vet appointment for her on Tuesday, and the vet instructed us to give her baby Tylenol until then. I’m so worried for my girl. She’s 14. I’m worried that if anything is broken, at her age there may not be many options.

I’ve been worrying about and taking care of Bonnie so much, I’ve missed my exercises, and haven’t even remembered to weigh myself.

Hey Minx, hope Bonnie recovers, but 14 is quite old for a dog. One of my dogs is getting up there too, hate to think about the day we lose her.

Missing your diary for a few days is not a bad thing, unless it makes it harder to stay on track. It would for me. Missing exercising and not eating right are not so good. How has your food been?

Hang in here with us, you will do fine, I know you will!

Thanks, Rob. I’m getting back on track with the exercises today. Bonnie still won’t use her leg, but her tails wagging and she’s trying to hobble a bit on her other three legs. So at least her spirits are up. I’m trying to be positive, but also trying to be realistic about what it might mean if the leg is very badly injured.

My eating has still been good. I haven’t been snacking (aside from a homemade blueberry muffin the mediator brought for everyone. So I’m hoping I won’t have reversed the gains I’ve made so far. Tomorrow I will definitely get back to weighing myself!

A muffin mediator sounds good to me :p I'm sorry to hear about Bonnie's injury but Tuesday isn't far away now. Finger crossed she just sprained something and will recover quickly.

Thank you, LaMaria! I’m proud of myself that with all the stress, I didn’t go to snacking for comfort! Today I got back on track with my exercising, and had a healthy dinner of salad with a vegetarian chicken substitute.

Today was a good day! I got all my exercises done, and picked about twenty carrots from my garden. No snacking! I’m feeling really good about myself, and getting more and more confident that I’ve got this! It’s always seemed hopeless before, especially since I have so much weight I want to lose. It’s hard enough to be patient when you’re looking to reach 5-10 pounds. It’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have 50+ pounds. But I’m feeling positive this time.

Fresh carrots are delicious. One of my favorite snacks as a kid. (Stolen from the garden and just rubbed along my jeans to remove most of the dirt. Feed the leaves to your rabbit for optimal results.)
I know how hard it is to be patient while losing weight! For me it helped to focus on the increase in well-being that came from eating well, as well as eating in a way I could imagine sustaining forever. The scale's gone up a bit again (because stress eating) but I'm trying hard to get back to where I was.

It’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have 50+ pounds.
I understand, the way I have managed that is not to look too far ahead. My only real goal has been to do well today, not so hard to achieve, and if you can do that all else will fall into place. I have lost 159 pounds that way, if I can so can you, I am sure I am no wiser than you, just older and uglier!

Your fresh carrots sound great! Nothing better than fresh from the garden.

Keep up the good work, you do have this! The sit up is one proof of it.

I’ve reached the end of my two week exercise program! I committed to a two week challenge, and today was the last day. I feel sooooo proud that I stuck with it! I’m going to take a couple rest days now (although I’ll still be walking at a minimum). By then, I’ll have hopefully picked out my next exercise challenge to tackle.

Between the exercises and the healthier eating, the weight is slowly coming off, and my measurements are reducing. When I started the two week challenge, my measurements were:

Bust: 44.5”
Hips: 48”
Waist: 39”

Now, my measurements are:

Bust: 43”
Hips: 46.5”
Waist: 38”

I’ve been hand sewing a medieval gown, which for a while had been causing me a lot of anxiety. The pattern I bought, my measurements just barely fit within the size range. Now that I’ve lost 1-2” on those key body areas, I’m much less worried that the finished dress won’t fit me :hurray:

My dog is doing much better, so I’m feeling much less stress. My partner and I brought her to the vet, and the vet does not think anything is broken. He believes she has injured her knee. He’s prescribed a painkiller, and we are going to wait and see how she does over the next week. If there’s no improvement, we’ll go back for scans.

Overall, I’m feeling super positive!

Hey, that is real progress, an inch or more off of all measurements! I think measurements tell you more than weight. Good for you!

Good to hear about your dog, hope she continues to recover.
Overall, I’m feeling super positive!
As well you should!

Glad to hear your dog's doing better. And if you're going to the trouble of sewing a gow I can see that not knowing whether it'll fit would cause anxiety! Where will you be wearing it?

And if you're going to the trouble of sewing a gow I can see that not knowing whether it'll fit would cause anxiety! Where will you be wearing it?
Not any time soon, due to the pandemic, but we occasionally like to go to Renaissance fairs and other reenactment events. I’m also hoping to wear it for a small commitment ceremony with my partner :)

Historical dress is kind of a newfound hobby. The medieval gown is the first project I’m working on - I’m hoping to make a Victorian inspired dress next.

It’s been a couple days - life got busy. My dog is barely limping now, and is much more mobile; I’m so thankful this wasn’t something more serious. I know that at 14, the time I say goodbye to Bonnie can’t be too far away, but I’m glad we have more time still.

I finished my last day of my exercise challenge, and spent a couple days editing the video for my vlog where I talk about my results. I’ve been taking a couple days off to rest and recover, and I’ve got a new exercise program lined up that I want to start in the next couple days. I’ve also been trying to get a handle on the mess that’s all around my house - it’s starting to look half way decent!

I’m still managing quite well with food, I think. I know there is still room for improvement with the meals I’m having - I resort to veggie burgers as a last minute thing way too often, and pasta is also a pretty standard quick fix in my homes. But I’m keeping portions reasonable, and I’ve almost totally cut out snacking. It was a challenge at first, but the last few days I find myself almost never thinking about snacking in between meals! There are still temptation days though, and I’ve managed to keep things reasonable at those times.

I think realistically, if I had tried to both cut out snacking and cut out all my favourite meals all at once, it would have really strained the limits of my willpower. This isn’t a race, it’s slow and steady work. Right now I’m focusing on the snacks (not nibbling on chips and nuts and crackers all day). And at some point, I know I’ll be able to get the meals in line too :)

I think realistically, if I had tried to both cut out snacking and cut out all my favourite meals all at once, it would have really strained the limits of my willpower. This isn’t a race, it’s slow and steady work.
So much this!

Hey Minx, how goes the battle?

I hope you are still with us.

Back