Weight-Loss Meal Frequency

Weight-Loss

BiancaMaria

Hello,
I just wanted to ask how many meals you are eating per day. I am going to switch from 5 meals to 3 meals per day as I got a very good explanation how insulin might be causing me not to loose fat.

I am just curious how the rest of you is structuring their day with eating.

Thx,
Bianca

It really varies Bianca what everyone does. I am about to try a version of IF (intermittent fasting), with an 8-hour window in which to eat. I feel confident that, if I stick with it, I should be successful. As of tomorrow, I am only going to eat within an 8 hour period, which I think I will make 12-8 pm. I will most probably have lunch, a snack (I'm going to a funeral) & then dinner back home. After 8 pm I will not eat anything.

I have read enough to know that IF is good for you & the age-old myth about skipping breakfast is just that- a myth. I don't think we should be extreme with anything we do & I worry about people who do long-term fasts, but fasting for at least 12 hours is meant to be very good for us. There are a few others who do IF here- some also eat low carb & low sugar. I do too really, but do not get my body in ketosis.

Work out what suits you best. I think most people who eat 5 meals a day end up eating way more than their bodies need. Being hungry certainly does not hurt us.

I agree. How did you do today?

I did only have 3 meals starting at 9am and ending at about 8:30pm. This is the first time since I cannot even remember I did that. I am proud that it worked:) I like to have a larger meal and after eating I felt like I could go on because it was so good but was able to stop and the fullness feeling came later and I did not get crazy after 3 hours which I normally do. Probably only in my head..

Back