Matty's Diary

Looks like you're doing pretty good to me-you really get the hang of it after awhile. It took me a little bit of time, but now I know what I really like and want to use calories on and what I'm not really crazy about. I also know how to break apart my meals and snacks to keep me satisfied all day long. Is that roasted pepper and tomato soup by Amys? There's a kind that comes in a box with a little white flip top that always looks so good, but I've never tried it-I think it's Amys...let me know.

I think your menu is looking good! Keep up the great job!
Totallyscrappy

Actually, the soup's by Trader Joe's. Its really really good. They also have really good organic tomato soup. It comes in a little cardboard box. Thanks for the support guys!
Lunch - 1 cup teriyaki broccoli
1/4 cup onions
1/2 cup white rice
1 vegetarian roll with asparagus, carrot, green onion, avocado, age-tofu.
Snack - 1 cup miso with tofu
1/2 cup edamame (soybeans)
Dinner - 2 cups tomato soup
4 pieces of bread from La Bou's
1 tbs I can't believe its not Butter Light.
1/2 blackberry scone
1 cup teriyaki broccoli
1 passion fruit iced tea
1 (small) :rolleyes: godiva truffle

Mmm, now I want Japanese food really bad-it's been over a month. I'm going to have to make that happen.

Looks like you're doing pretty good. Are you going to incorporate exercise too? I really started losing once I started doing cardio and some weight training. If your school has a gym you should check it out.

Keep it up!. :)

You really are doing good on the menu. Keep up the good work! And Funnky is right about the exercise. Even though I have fallen off of doing so. It really does make a difference!

I used to live in CA I miss Trader Joe's we don't have one out here in Charlotte :(

Matty your menu is looking better and better, keep up the great work :D

I'm sorry you don't have a Trader Joe's. It has such healthy good stuff! Well, I have a step aerobics class twice a week for 1:15. Other then that, no real exercise. I walk around 8 hours non stop 5 days a week...not the greatest cardiovascular exercise, but at least its weight bearing. Yeah, two huge back to back exams today and the sushi chef got sick. I had a pretty crazy day...my boyfriend knew i had a long day and made my favorite...minestrone soup!!!!!!!Anyways...
Lunch - 1 cup Roasted red pepper and tomato soup
1 cheese enchilada (it was 200 kcal)
1/2 cup vegetarian chili
Dinner - 1 cup Minestrone soup with bow-tie pasta
1 cup pineapple

Breakfast - 1 cup minestrone w/ bow-tie pasta
1 cup pineapple
Lunch - 1 cup teriyaki broccoli
1/2 cup teriyaki broccoli
1 cup white rice
Dinner - 1 cup white rice
1 cup spicy tofu soup w/ 1 chicken egg
1 cup kimchee fried rice
1/2 cup spicy cold soba noodles
2 pieces wasabi broccoli kimchee
2 cups boricha (barley tea)
Snack - 2 pieces of See's chocolate...

So, I went out to my favorite Korean joint. I kinda pigged out...How do you go out to eat and not eat your favorite foods?

I know it's tough to go to your favorite place and not eat all the things you usually eat. What I try to do is modify it. At my favorite Mexican place I used to have several glasses of regular soda, tortilla chips and salsa and refried bean and queso dip, then for my entree I would have a bean burrito, a cheese enchilada, rice, and steamed broccoli and cauliflower covered in queso cheese. And I would go there at least once a week-now I can't even believe I could ever eat that much. Now when I go I have diet soda, I pass up on the chips and dips, and I have the vegetables and a bean burrito. That's it. And I try to not eat the whole burrito. Once I cut it in half and put it in a box and gave it to my roommate's boyfriend to eat. Another time I ate until I was satisfied and then put a napkin over the rest so I couldn't see it. You just have to modify the way you eat, so that you still enjoy eating, but that you don't overdo it.

And by the way, you are really making me want Japanese food. I'm trying to wait until my roommate gets back in town, because I know she would like to go to. I just keep having visions of little dancing vegetables rolls, seaweed on the outside-that's how I like 'em!

Back