Madilyn's diary

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's what's ideal about using bagels... only about a dozen square inches to work with. i've always considered pizza a good nutritional meal... my only problem used to be portion control ... :) ... who wants that last slice? ... nobody?

I've never heard of bagel pizza but it does sound good! :)
I've taken a liking to cream cheese bagels lately but sadly I don't own a toaster at the moment. Or rather: luckily I don't own a toaster at the moment. I would probably eat too much toast and bagels anyway and that's too many carbs to have on a regular basis.

Wednesday 3rd July
lunch: pasta with tomato sauce
snack: cherry tomatoes, walnuts
lunch: vegetables with french herbs
calories: 1350

Hi, Madilyn. You are doing well. Keeping track & keeping to a decent amount of calories per day is excellent.
There are lots of vegetables you can eat which require little or no cooking. Celery, snow peas & carrot sticks can be cut up & kept in a container in the fridge. With some hummus, you have a more substantial snack/ small meal. We always have spinach which we add to lots of things. If you are heating anything in the microwave, some spinach, torn up & added before you heat it adds extra greens. Hard-boiled eggs are a good, handy meal/snack. I don't use them as we have access to a ready supply of good fresh vegetables (and I have a husband who loves to cook ), but frozen mixed vegetables are also nutritious & convenient.

Hi, Madilyn. You are doing well. Keeping track & keeping to a decent amount of calories per day is excellent.
There are lots of vegetables you can eat which require little or no cooking. Celery, snow peas & carrot sticks can be cut up & kept in a container in the fridge. With some hummus, you have a more substantial snack/ small meal. We always have spinach which we add to lots of things. If you are heating anything in the microwave, some spinach, torn up & added before you heat it adds extra greens. Hard-boiled eggs are a good, handy meal/snack. I don't use them as we have access to a ready supply of good fresh vegetables (and I have a husband who loves to cook ), but frozen mixed vegetables are also nutritious & convenient.

Oooh hummus is a wonderful idea! I used to snack on vegetables with hummus a lot, thank you for bringing it to my attention again. ☺

I am really really dissatisfied today. Ate too much crap and I'm still craving food. Just brushed my teeth so I won't be too tempted to eat any more. I'll make soup tomorrow and make sure to get some hummus to have with my vegetables.

Thursday 4th July
breakfast: a banana
snack: iced latte (with white chocolate syrup)
lunch: a pumpkin seed roll with creeme cheese
snack: 2/3 of a flapjack, a chocolate bar
dinner: vegetables and pasta
calories: 1600

Adding some yoghurt to your breakfast adds some protein & helps fill you up.
I also find that eating crap makes me feel like crap. The more starchy carbs I eat the more I crave.
Hope tomorrow feels better for you.

I make pizza "bagels" with portabella mushrooms. I sauté them in a little cooking wine, dash of soy sauce, and butter or cooking oil on both sides until they are throughly cooked through (around 10 minutes) and then stuff them with pesto or tomato sauce, sprinkle mozzarella on them and put them in the broiler for a minute to melt the cheese (but you could use a microwave, too). Very yummy!

I agree with Cate - if I don't get enough protein and healthy fats I crave carbs, especially simple carbs, which turn to sugar in your body and make you crave more of them. I snack on nuts when feeling cravings and that usually does the trick. You just have to be careful about portion size with nuts as they are very good for you, but some kinds are pretty fattening. And yogurt with berries is my other go-to - that I learned from Cate!

Looking at my food diary I think I'm not doing too badly but the number on the scale just isn't moving and I'm a bit frustrated.
Not sure if I need to lower my calories or if I just need to be more patient. I think I'll give it one more week and if I haven't lost anything by then I'll go lower.
I've also decided to add my steps to the diary -- I'm aiming for 15000 but I'm not even close to reaching that at the moment.

Friday 5th July
breakfast: a sunflower seed roll with cream cheese
lunch: watermelon
snack: carrots with hummus
dinner: vegetable patties
calories: 1200
steps: 8300

Saturday 6th July
breakfast: a sunflower seed roll, cherry tomatoes, coffee with oatmilk
lunch: carrots with hummus
snack: a banana, a chocolate bar
dinner: zucchini, bell pepper, onions, green beans
snack: chocolate mousse
calories: 1450
steps: 9500

There's a lot more savvy people around here than me, thank goodness, but for what it's worth, I'd say try not to be impatient - the numbers will go down, eventually, and anyway, the goal isn't numbers - the goal is health and feeling great!

Way to go!! You're doing very well, I think. How much weight do you want to lose?

I don't have a specific number in mind but I think around 30 lbs?

Today the number on the scale was higher again but I guess I need to keep in mind that I had the tendency to eat more light but calorie dense food so my body probably needs more time to digest the vegetables that I eat now and it's just food weight? That's what I hope at least...

Sunday 7th July
breakfast: watermelon
snack: yogurt
lunch: fried fish
dinner: vegetable and bean soup
snack: rice pudding
calories: 1150
steps: 4000

Maybe it's water weight. My weight fluctuates a lot with water weight - usually around 3 pounds heavier if I am retaining a lot of water. Also if I am exercising a lot, LaMa says the muscles retain water, so I usually weigh more after a hard workout. I try not to snack between meals if I want the weight to come off fast, too. It's good to have little fast periods between eating so your body can dip into the stored fat reserves instead of into the energy from the last snack you ate. But if I am really feeling cravings, I do snack so I stay within my calorie range. I think you are doing great, don't let the numbers throw you off, just keep experimenting with what works well for you!!

Maybe it's water weight. My weight fluctuates a lot with water weight - usually around 3 pounds heavier if I am retaining a lot of water. Also if I am exercising a lot, LaMa says the muscles retain water, so I usually weigh more after a hard workout. I try not to snack between meals if I want the weight to come off fast, too. It's good to have little fast periods between eating so your body can dip into the stored fat reserves instead of into the energy from the last snack you ate. But if I am really feeling cravings, I do snack so I stay within my calorie range. I think you are doing great, don't let the numbers throw you off, just keep experimenting with what works well for you!!
Muscles are also heavier than fat...

Hi, Madilyn. How did you go this week? Keep up the good work and the weight will come down. Hope you have a lovely weekend xo Cate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back