Sport LV's Grocery List

Sport Fitness
How about Pineapple... I noticed its not mentioned under fruits, It's my fav tasting fruit! Sweet n mmmmmm!!!

I eat the Bananas apples grapefruits etc.

Like other fruits, it's high in sugars/carbs however yes you can eat it in moderation. If your goal is fat loss, I'd utilize it around my workout for either pre, post, or post post workout nutrtion.

I made a yummy meal last night..baked some chicken, skinless, boneless and in a pot on the stove cooked up some leaks and a few slices of smoked lean bacon..put the chicken in cut up, used an organic broth added veggies and a cut up tomatoe...delicious. Tasted like a cross between a thick soup and a stew. Would have added sweet potato if I had it. :newangel:

That sounds really good!

you left Venison off the list for proteins...

Also, why red potatoes and not regular potatoes?

red potatoes are higher in anti oxidants, the same stuff happens to blueberries or red graspes:

thanks for the list, I have printed it for grocery shopping

Last edited:
What's the healthiest/best type of cereal that you'd recommend for bulking or cutting? You seem to be an expert in this so maybe you can help me out on this one because I LOVE cereal. lol

Thanks in advance!

im also curious about cereal. i eat a bowl of honeynut cheerios in the morning. also what about grapes for fruit? thanks in advance

im also curious about cereal. i eat a bowl of honeynut cheerios in the morning. also what about grapes for fruit? thanks in advance

IMO, throw the Honey-Nut Cheerios in the trash, cover the lid, to mask its "White-Sugar" stink. I can give a list of better alternatives if you wish.

"White-Sugar" is not your friend. :devil:

And, YOU are the cure for its.......disease.

Best regards,

Chillen

Last edited:
Can peanuts or any other type of nut be considered good for protein? What type of bread would you reccomend to eat?

Peanuts, Almonds etc...are good nuts that can be ingested to contribute to your daily requirement and I would suggest wheat or multi-grain breads to eat.

What about
- capsicum
- bacon (someone said smoked lean bacon before)
- ice burg lettuce
- tomato sauce
- iced coffee

i love this:
0004470003123_500X500.jpg

would you recommend it if im trying to burn some fat?

Any help?

Capsicum simply refers to various types of "peppers." All are supposed to be good vegetables with varying levels of antioxidants, fiber, and other metabolism-enhancing compunds (supposedly in the hotter varieties).

Traditional Pork Bacon strips aren't that great but they also aren't that bad. Primarily it's the fat content that gets you here and if eaten in moderation with a sensible well-balanced meal are ok.

Canadian Style Bacon is usually considered a better choice because it is traditionally lower in fat content.

Be wary of anything "smoked" because they usually have very high preservative (nitrate/nitrite) content and tend to be high in sodium as well. Of course, most processed meats are gonna have the same issue.

Iceberg lettuce is nutritionally void essentially. Low in vitamin content, fiber, EFAs, aminos, minerals, and sterols. Romaine is a far superior choice.

Tomato sauce is good but just watch the amount of sugar that can sometimes be added. It is an excellent source of lycopene.

Iced coffee probably isn't bad by itself but the added sugar and fatty-cream that are usually added make it a caloric nightmare. Maybe consider using stevia as a sweetener and perhaps skim, 1 or 2% milk, or maybe even soy milk as a way to lighten it up.

Hope that helps. I'm sure others will add.

having cashew nuts [or any nut for that fact] as part of the snack list. is it a bad idea? because some say its calorie dense. while others say its good for losing weight.

What about pasta? And whole eggs? I always thought these were very healthy foods but I've seen on this site that pasta should be forgotten and eggs should only be eaten once or twice weekly. Any help?

I love pasta and because I have a family of 6, my mum makes it a staple in our house - bolognaise, puttanesca, napolitana, salmon lemon and dill. We love our pasta.
I tried cooking wholemeal pasta once and it was disgusting. What's a good alternative?

Whole eggs are fine, and whole wheat pasta has it's place in a diet as well.

Back