Goal Weight: 56 KG
Goal Size: 8
BMI: 23

Measurements:
Waist: 82 cm :eek:
Hips: 95 cm
Upper Arms: 29 cm
Thighs: 53 cm

Yes, some might say that I am not overweight but I was much thinner before and I have fat in places I have never had before, picking up 10 KG's in a span of about 5 months is not funny!

Current

Eating: I have been eating a sensible diet for the past few months now with an odd cheat here and there but not been pigging out. Sample diet...

Morning: All Bran Flakes / Oatso Easy, Yoghurt, Cup of Green Tea

Snack: Grapes, Water/Green Tea

Lunch: Grilled Fish Fillet & Greens/ Soup/ Tuna Mayo Sandwich

Snack: Grapes, Water/Green Tea

Dinner: Fish or Chicken with greens or pasta, Juice

Occassionally over weekends I would indulge in a steak or a burger (very rare). I mostly eat seafood when going out for supper.

Excercise: Been non existent for the last month, need to get moving with the gym again, when I did go I would do the Eliptical, upright bike, rowing machine and the ab, arms, buttock machines. And for variety either the cardio dance classes or the general aerobics.

Supplements: I am taking something called Herbex Slimmers at the moment for more information and ingredients. I can't have anything that gives me the jitters or has caffiene in it.

Action Plan

1. Gym three - four times a week for 1 hour every evening
2. Cut down on bad carbs such as french fries and white bread
3. Stay motivated!!! Not let everything else in my life and around me affect my plans to loose weight

Target :D
- 56 KG, perfect size 8, then I can fit into my small clothes again
- Thin and Toned tummy, buttocks, thighs, arms
- Carry on maintaining my weight
- Eat properly for life and gym

If I make myself a promise I break it, if I make someone else a promise I do not break it, so I promise my man, my best friend and you guys that I will try my best!!!

Sounds like you have a good plan :) and if you have any problems will be here to help you keep your promiss :D

hey we in the same country and same city, now what are the odds of that. you are also my goal weight>LOL so it seems like you have willpower too keep it going you also seem quite active, im 100% you going to lose weight and reach your target, a good detox is water and fruits, try it for two days, or even a daywhen you tired of water have a herbal tea, they come in beautiful flavours. I use blackforest tea to flush out the toxins during a detox.goodluck and thanx for posting

Good for you for starting a diary..its hard to write everything down but I find it the best way to notice trouble spots. Just an FYI...grapes are high in natural sugars and sometimes can cause issues w/ your metabolism & blood sugars..I find that some protein w/ a high fiber snack is the best at snack time and my body uses it more efficiently...just a thought

Thanks

thanks for the useful information, that is what i need! I need to see what I am doing wrong, if no one tells me I will never know and carry on with the same mistakes.

Food...

My food for the last 4 days:

Thurs,14/4/05
1 Serving Cereal (Pronutro)
1 Plain Fat Free Yoghurt
1 Lrg Cup Green Tea

Chicken Noodle Soup
Orange Juice
1 Serving Paw Paw

2 Viennas (Hotdog's) No roll or sauce
1 Apple

Went out for a function: 3 Cocktail Rolls with Cheese & Tamatoe, 1 Cider, 1 Glass of white wine

Fri,15/4/05
1 Plain Fat Free Yoghurt
2 Lrg Cup Green Tea

Cheeseburger :(
Few French Fries :(
Diet Cola

1 Cup A Snack (Soup with noodles)

Movie Snack: Popcorn & Crisps (about 2 handfuls each) :eek:

Sat,16/4/05
2 Slices Toast with cheese

1 Strawberry Juice

1 Serving Macaroni Cheese (no sauce)

Went to a friends place and had 2 bites of a pizza, 2 pieces of chocolate, nougat :eek:

Sun,17/4/05
1 Fried Egg
2 Pieces of Lunch Meat
1 Roti (indian flat bread)
Glass of Apple Juice

1 Chocolate Biscuit
1 Glass Juice

1 Chiken Cheese Burger :(

Went to a friends place to watch the 8pm Movie: 2 pieces of choc, 1 handful of crisps.

Note to self! take along fruit to friends or something else for a snack, any suggestions?

Im sorry I haven’t been on to welcome you to the forum before now; I hope you have a great week..

Thanx

is it me or are all the people in here just really sweet and hospitable! Thanx guys, makes me think that the web is not such a bad place after all.

My food yesterday

Mon,18/4/05

1 Bowl of Sliced Paw Paw
1 Small Fat Free Yoghurt
1 Cup Green Tea

1 Sandwich Chicken Mayo
1 Fat Free Yoghurt
2 Small Naartjies (like small oranges)

2 Small Naartjies

Spaghetti Bolognaise
1 Orange Juice

2 Slim Slabs
1 Orange Juice

= 1083 CALORIES

Gym: 30 Minute Step Class and the toning circuit

bringing some food to a friends house is a good idea.i just started doing this myself and i find that if i have something healthy w/ me i wont eat snack foods or other high cal stuff they might have around.
i usually bring fruit like-apples or oranges they fit in my purse(bananas tend to get smashed lol i learned the hard way)
granola bars might work if you like them, i sometimes pack a little luch bag w/ an icepack so i can bring yogourt or stuff that needs to stay cool.
hope this helps :)

welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are doing a great job with your food choices =) keep it up! I noticed that you only posted your exercises/workouts for one day... do you need some encouragement in that area? That is the hardest thing for me to remember to make time to do - i completely understand - but that's what we are here for! :)

Back