Losing Weight with Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Martin

When I had to have chemotherapy last year I thought that I would lose weight, but I was wrong. I actually gained weight during the 3 months of treatment. Being fatigued all of the time and emotional eating caused me to gain weight. It's only recently that I was able to start losing weight. Is anyone else here trying to lose weight with cancer?

No-one here that I know of, Robert. I know my sister found it very difficult & there was so much food that she struggled to eat anyway that she just ate what she could. That's good that you have started losing weight. Are you regaining some energy now?

No-one here that I know of, Robert. I know my sister found it very difficult & there was so much food that she struggled to eat anyway that she just ate what she could. That's good that you have started losing weight. Are you regaining some energy now?
Yes I am regaining some energy. However, I am going to get more chemotherapy soon.

I hope you´ll do well on it. I know it´s hard for many people to keep the weight on during chemo and hard to keep it off after. Can´t remember what causes the weight gain/retention though. Best of luck!

I hope you´ll do well on it. I know it´s hard for many people to keep the weight on during chemo and hard to keep it off after. Can´t remember what causes the weight gain/retention though. Best of luck!

mum lost some of her sense of taste and had to force herself to eat combined with bloating from multiple organ failure before the end, it is hard watching a loved one fight to the end and would not wish it on anybody.

For me it was overeating. Even with chemo, I didn't lose my appetite. I was addicted to that full feeling after overeating. Now that I have to get more chemo soon, I want to make sure I am at a healthy weight.

That I understand. It´s definitely motivation to eat as healthily as you can.
Yes, it is absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back