Losing weight by steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreAyKay

Hello everyone, I am 18yo and Last year before corona in february, I had 95kg on my 185cm height. In period from february to march I lost 13kg just by simply being out every day a lot and playing basketball. I was more than happy, I was looking pretty good like never before. But... when Christmas came I ate a lil bit more and some how managed to maintain my same weight(sometimes I would get to 80kg but managed to get back to 82) but my face came more round and that didn' bothered me too much,until... I went on a few birthday parties which took time in late nights (when I think is easiest to gain weight). I am on 83kg which means I gained 1 kilo more than I used to have. My face got even more rounded up which makes me wanna kill myself(not literally). I have running track in my living room and I have decided to run at least 20 mins ever other day~which aproximetly made me lose 150 to 200 calories. Yesterday I made 20 000 steps which involves 20 mins of running. Silly me, I was thinking that I would lose some wight the next day I weight myself but instead, I got 0.5kg more! I dont know what should I do to lose a few kilos-3, I manage to do 10000 steps almost every day + running 20 mins every other day.
Can someone give me some advice?
Thanks

I´m often heavier the day after unaccustomed exercise. Sore muscles store water. Water, not fat. If you really want to lose a bit of weight how much and what you eat is going to matter more in the long run than how much you exercise. Most people don´t manage to exercise every day once they have a full-time job and/or a family and/or a household to take care of. Doesn´t mean what you´re doing right now is wrong, just that maybe you should look at how to make things sustainable so you won´t get frustrated again.

I´m often heavier the day after unaccustomed exercise. Sore muscles store water. Water, not fat. If you really want to lose a bit of weight how much and what you eat is going to matter more in the long run than how much you exercise. Most people don´t manage to exercise every day once they have a full-time job and/or a family and/or a household to take care of. Doesn´t mean what you´re doing right now is wrong, just that maybe you should look at how to make things sustainable so you won´t get frustrated again.
I am sorry, I am not expert in english... You want to say that I should continue to do 10000 steps daily and run daily or?

Hi, AreAyKay & welcome to the forum. As LaMa said what you eat is more important to weight-loss than the exercise you do. Exercise is good for you for lots of other reasons. You can't exercise away a bad diet. Maybe think about starting a diary & let us know the sort of things you eat, how much you eat etc. You have the advantage of being young so that permanent long-term healthy changes you make now will make a big difference to the rest of your life. You'll find the diary section at Weight Loss Diary

Silly me, I was thinking that I would lose some wight the next day I weight myself but instead, I got 0.5kg more! I dont know what should I do to lose a few kilos-3, I manage to do 10000 steps almost every day + running 20 mins every other day.
Can someone give me some advice?
Thanks
Weight loss will start small at first, and if pursued properly will come around.
Exercising at the pace you're suggesting, might likely induce weight loss.
Just be carefully about setting goals you can stick with, and perhaps find an accountability partner.

Hello Everyone,

Weightloss is an extreme issue many women facing nowadays, but I can suggest a plan for it. You need to be firm on your decision to lose weight. It should be your objective for 2-3 months, then only you can achieve it. The determination to do something is more important than doing it.

You must start eating healthy foods, skipping junk food or food from restaurants as it contains many calories and fat(it must be unhygienic for your body). This is one of the most crucial factors to weight gain so just avoid it. The second thing is to start doing exercise in the morning and having one fruit in every meal of the day or have fruits in breakfast also. Exercise has made a lot of changes in my life. Exercise when you feel lazy, exercise when you are tired, it will always boost up your energy and burn your calories. But while having exercise you also have to keep in mind your diet plan. You can also have SPAM REMOVED that are missing in your body. I used to eat sprouts, fruits, meat, egg, and green vegetables more. Also, add up with few food supplements which were missing in my diet and body. If you're totally vegan then you can have vegan supplements also, they are available in the market or online also. This can be possible only and only if you have made your mind to be fit and healthy so start focusing on your goal and yes you will surely achieve it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back