Losing Motivation HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberieee

Well I've always been big all of my life. Until last year I decided to lose weight and dropped 50+ lbs. I was finally in normal weight range and was happy. But before that time I was very unhealthy and would binge eat everyday. I would eat and eat even when I was full and my stomach was bloated. But I was able to completely stop all of the crap eating!

Now, a couple months later now that I'm in college, I haven't been eating healthy AT ALL. I find that everyday I say "today is going to be different" and i'll end up cracking by mid afternoon. I started eating foods again I swore I food never eat again when I chose to lose weight. It sucks so much because I'm gaining weight.

And now I'm back to my old ways, eating everything, gaining the weight back. And I feel horrible. How do I get back on track? I feel so discouraged now

The only way I've been able to eat healthy is by not having crap food in the house. I've never been a sucker for eating out and buy crap at convenience stores, so if you have a problem there, I'm not sure what would be the most helpful ... that comes down to straight self discipline

Same.

was 93 [205 lbs]
went down to 80 [176 lbs]
throughout this year I gained most of it back hovering around 85kg [187 lbs]
got myself to 81kg [180 lbs]
just recently i found myself at 87kg [191 lbs]

the one thing i was missing was support and encouragement. They say you gotta be your own motivation but i beg to differ. you have more success when you work as a team to loose and keep the weight off

Well I've always been big all of my life. Until last year I decided to lose weight and dropped 50+ lbs. I was finally in normal weight range and was happy. But before that time I was very unhealthy and would binge eat everyday. I would eat and eat even when I was full and my stomach was bloated. But I was able to completely stop all of the crap eating!

Now, a couple months later now that I'm in college, I haven't been eating healthy AT ALL. I find that everyday I say "today is going to be different" and i'll end up cracking by mid afternoon. I started eating foods again I swore I food never eat again when I chose to lose weight. It sucks so much because I'm gaining weight.

And now I'm back to my old ways, eating everything, gaining the weight back. And I feel horrible. How do I get back on track? I feel so discouraged now

I had a hard time in college too - I played on the soccer team so that basically kept me from gaining too much weight, but without that, wow I would have struggled! Especially if you drink alcohol (which I did) - that suppresses one of the hormones that regulates your appetite, making you eat more! I gained weight after college, gradually as I was working longer hours and not able to workout to offset my bad eating habits. Then I had 2 kids. I finally lost 20 lbs earlier this year changing my eating habits (I eat "clean" most of the time) and I workout about 30 minutes a day 6 days a week, which really is not too bad. I've had no trouble maintaining my weight loss. I run online workout accountability groups for people doing similar things. If you want more details, feel free to message me. But being in college is not easy - you really have to have a plan and have people around you supporting you!

Same.

was 93 [205 lbs]
went down to 80 [176 lbs]
throughout this year I gained most of it back hovering around 85kg [187 lbs]
got myself to 81kg [180 lbs]
just recently i found myself at 87kg [191 lbs]

the one thing i was missing was support and encouragement. They say you gotta be your own motivation but i beg to differ. you have more success when you work as a team to loose and keep the weight off
Agree!! It totally helps when people around you are supporting you!

Pick three small changes that you can do fairly easily. Track those changes and pat yourself on the back when you do them. When you feel you have them down pat add another change or two to your list. After a few months you'll a whole bunch of healthy changes under your belt.

When you feel discouraged you can look at your list of achievements and realize all the positive stuff you are accomplishing.

Sometimes motivation can be boosted by structure. What i would suggest is investing in an exercise program, like 21 day fix or p90x3. These types of programs don't only provide you highly effective exercises, but also a structured diet plan, which motivates me. Eat the right foods, do the workout, and mark off a day. It gives you a goal that isn't some far off unknown date in the future, but a date 21 days or 90 days in the future.

You know once you hit that goal, you will have lost weight, gained muscle, and established an eating habit that will benefit you for the rest of your life as long as you stick to it.

Also, find a friend that will do the program with you. This will keep you accountable and will make the process more fun. Try it, and see what you think. I own both programs and can tell you they do work.

Hey Sweet Lady, You are not alone! Most of us have struggled like that but it doesn't have to stay that way. It sounds like stress eating is getting the best of you and will power is rarely enough. One reason is because a lot of the food we buy from the grocery stores have addictive ingredients put in them so we go back for more. Secondly, when the same or similar triggers rear their head, our bodies go on auto pilot and our old habits kick in. The only way to get different ending results is to reprogram habits and that is where a good support structure comes in. And while exercise is certainly a good thing for our bodies, most cannot out exercise the fork! Anyway, if you want to talk more, message me. I'd love to hear from you.

Don't keep unhealthy at home...ANY. Keep only healthy things in your kitchen. As a lazy person I recommend that because I'm too lazy to go to the shop to buy something unhealthy I crave at the particular moment so I grab anything from the kitchen or I try to do some healthy substitute of unhealthy. Yesterday I craved pancakes so I made some with oats,banana,honey and carrot and it was delicious.

Hi Amberieee,
Here some Motivation Ideas for you,

1- Print out Your ideal fitness persons' photo and pin it to your fridge - Imagine everyday, you are going to achieve that fitness level one day.

2- Stop LOOKING at scale - Hold yourself for 30 days at least. Stay positive during this time and think about your Goal. On day 30th you will see the good result.

3- Ask yourself - Does eating this food will lead you to ideal fitness goal? If NO, then simply avoid it. No means No.

Most Important:-

Dear, You are a very important person for this world, You have to do lots of things , People wants to see you in Good health, You have to be Fit to make all the life goals happen. It's now or never... Just do it... You are the one who responsible for your success and failure... Don't let it go simply. Be determined, Beleive yourself, You are the one/// Remember...

Don't lose hope, here are some of the following tips which you adopt to make a change
  1. Decide why you want to lose weight. Is is to look good in a special costume, to feel better about yourself or another reason?
  2. Set goals. 'Lose weight' is too vague. ...
  3. Create visual goals. ...
  4. Write a morning mantra. ...
  5. Kick the bad habits. ...
  6. Think positive.

What type of foods are you eating when you think your stomach is bloated as this could be the answer to stop you cracking ?

A good way to encourage yourself is to buy an outfit or a pice of clothing that you would like to fit into eventually, everytime you lose confidence or the motivation to keep going. Just remind yourself that you will get into this item

And now I'm back to my old ways, eating everything, gaining the weight back. And I feel horrible. How do I get back on track? I feel so discouraged n

These 5 foods can kill you weight loss program.

Diet Soda

Though it has fewer calories and far less sugar than regular soda, diet soda may actually keep you from losing weight. A study last year found that people who drank two or more diet sodas a day had waist size increases six times (yes, you read that right) greater than people who didn’t drink the diet stuff. Experts don’t know exactly why, but suspect that the sweet taste may prime your body to crave more sweets and may wind up overeating on other unhealthy food later on.

Smoothies

Although they can be packed with healthy vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, smoothies can also carry loads of calories, fat, and sugar. Make sure your smoothie is filled with whole fruits and vegetables and low fat milk or milk alternatives. Skip those laden with peanut butter, chocolate, or fruit syrups. If you’re substituting a smoothie for a meal, stick to 350 to 400 calories; if you’re having one as a snack, it should be 200 calories or fewer.

Frozen “Healthy” Dinners

These foods are high in sodium and sugar, as well as other chemicals you don’t need. They do teach you about portion control, but many dieters find themselves starving and bingeing on snacks later. A smarter option: Stick to a realistic portion of a real food, like whole-wheat pasta (about 2 ounces) or a grilled chicken breast (about 3 ounces), then pile your plate with a mountain of veggies, which will bulk up your stomach and prevent post-meal hunger pangs.

Flavoured Yogurt

Yogurt is filled with calcium and protein that’s great satiating hunger, but flavoured yogurt can also carry loads of extra sugar and calories that sabotage your healthy eating and prime your palate to crave sweet flavors. Try plain yogurt and adding in a small teaspoon of honey for sweetness.

Baked Chips

Although these are a good alternative to saturated fat-laden regular chips, baked chips usually have tons of sodium, sugar, and empty calories-and lack filling fibre. If you’re in the mood for something crunchy, try dipping fresh, raw veggies into a healthy dip, like hummus, or plain rice cakes with two teaspoons of peanut butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back