Loose skin after pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on your age,genes(if you have good skinn condition and elasticity)

But is like when you are overweight and then lose weight,it can take up to several of years before the skinn has done everything to thight itself

try to do dry brushing for 15 minutes in the morning before you take a shower
and then after your shower massage a good lotion, do this morning and night and you will see that the skinn will get a bit tighter after 1 month or longer

drybrushing is good to help the bloodcirculation and tightened the skinn
and lotion helps to moister the skinn and keep the elasticity

Had a c section... look like hell..... need to lose 50 lbs, loose skin is not getting tighter so far - looks like I"ll be taking out a loan to get surgery when I lose all the fat I can, cuz I am NOT going to look like this for the rest of my life. All I do is cry anymore when I see my reflection. And yes, eat properly adn go to the gym everyday........we'll see how the results go....

bluemomma

No, that is not what I ment at all. A lot of people think they want to lose weight, they will tell themselves they will lose weight, they will try but they're not mentaly prepared for it. It's like getting ready for your first drivers test, "I want to pass, I will pass, I want to pass, I will pass"..

The more you focus on your diet and the things you eat, the more weight you lose. The more you focus on workouts and were you feel it in your body, the more inches you lose. You have to diet the right way and work out the right way. Your skin DOES shrink.. it is VERY hard to see the results, especially if you look in the mirror 5x a day.. My waist was.... large! I went from a size ONE to a size FIFTEEN in only nine months, I have lost 95% of my weight and you would *think* I would have just inches and inches of extra skin - I don't, because it shrank (and I work out, every single single single day!!). It is the same for every body out there, not all skin is the same, but everyone can do it... it's hard and a lot of work that some people are not mentally focused to do

people get so focused on "omg I need surgery" that they're not even noticing a difference... it can and may take YEARS to lose the extra, but you can.

I know that now with the extra I have.. it may take me a few years.. but damn, I have lost a LOT of extra skin..

IT. CAN. HAPPEN!

I completly agree and Im not sold on the idea of a tummy tuck. Have you seen the scaring they leave?

I had two big pregnancies and my daughter (youngest) was 9.5pound and I put on around 17kg. I could feel my tummy skin stretching more and more. I understand that exercise and dieting is really hard to do. Im forever trying to motivate myself but if its one thing Iv learned is that it is entirely up to me. The biggest hurdle is getting over the depression and getting mobile.

There are also alternative treatments that really help like body wraps, photo rejuvination therapies such as thermage and fraxal laser treatments and I heard that there are body shaping tights that are supposed to do wonders. Exfoliation helps and drinking HEAPS of water. I drink 6-8 glasses of hot water with lemon or apple cyder vinegar a day and its really helping. My youngest is 2 and a half and im still seeing improvements as time goes on. Im just saying to try a few different treatments before you consider cutting coz there are some real horror stories out there and if you give yourself time you will probably get better results.

Had a c section... look like hell..... need to lose 50 lbs, loose skin is not getting tighter so far - looks like I"ll be taking out a loan to get surgery when I lose all the fat I can, cuz I am NOT going to look like this for the rest of my life. All I do is cry anymore when I see my reflection. And yes, eat properly adn go to the gym everyday........we'll see how the results go....

bluemomma

I had natural births and my tummy is bad. I want to loose another 10kg but the treatments on my tummy I use are body wraps and a photon led light. I also do pilates because it targets the core and focuses on pulling the belly button in instead of bulking up what is already there. I am amazed at how big the improvements have been. I am also considering thermage and fraxal.
Dont get deppressed, it will get better. women also get hormone imbalances after having kids which makes it harder to loose weight. I try to focus on the kids when im not feeling good about myself and it always makes me feel better.

I have recently just had a baby as well and have huge stretch marks and loose skin then before. My mom says that it took her 20 years to have the stretch marks fade out...it happens with time. I am having difficulty getting rid of the little pouch and I wonder what type of exercises are good for that area. It is my first week of eating healthy and I feel a lot more energized then before. I still haven't started any exercise routine but am planning to do so in the near future.

Best of Luck!

I had my son a little over a year ago and my stomach and breasts were ravaged. I'm only 22 and I'm fit and thin but my stomach looks like it's from the body of a 90year old or even worse :( I have tried so many different things, the appearance of the scarring has improved like the colour is sort of fading but the skin is still there and when I bend over or sit down my stomach just crumples up. I always have to make sure that I wear long shirts so that it will never show because its really gross. I'm considering a tummy tuck because I don't want to be like this forever because I'm still young. But I would really love to know of any other treatments out there thats not as dramatic as surgery.

loose skin

Im a new mom! My son just turned 5 months old :) 2 days after I came home from the hospital, I started to loose the extra skin and get my body back. Im 20 years old & feel extremely old because of my body! The only thing I have lost is weight. I cannot find any way to tighten or loose the extra skin. My husband and I have talked about a tummy tuck, but he wants me to wait until we are done having children.. PLEASE HELP!! Im up for any advice!

I have recently just had a baby as well and have huge stretch marks and loose skin then before. My mom says that it took her 20 years to have the stretch marks fade out...it happens with time. I am having difficulty getting rid of the little pouch and I wonder what type of exercises are good for that area. It is my first week of eating healthy and I feel a lot more energized then before. I still haven't started any exercise routine but am planning to do so in the near future.

Best of Luck!

I had my baby almost a year and gained 80 lbs while pregnant, needless to say the stretchmarks were awful but I did a little research and found that if they are fairly new then microdermabrasion will help them fade tremendouly. I had the procedure done a few months ago and you can't even tell they were there. I had 5 very aggressive treatments but they worked. However, I am still working on the loose skin, I have lost all the weight and it has tightened a bit. I would go for the surgery but I scar badly.

Thermage

I have been researching non surgical procedures and loose skin. My dermo offers Thermage so I googled before and after results and it looks pretty good I think i'm going to schedule a consult. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

I understand the whole LOOSE SKIN issue...I was there (still kinda am) months ago!

testcopyPROGRESS.jpg

That was me after 77 days of P90x...it's doable! I also started to change my eating and exercise!

I dont know about the girl who said it can be fixed without surgery...
I tried everything before surgery and was NOT possible! specially with all the strech marks I have! I did get a tummy tuck and it was the BEST thing I did.
I am SOOO happy! even got my boobs done.

I have had 2 c-sections. My stomach is the same as it was, if not better than before children. I do not believe for a second that having a c-section will result in loose skin. I think it is a whole range of things.

It comes down to what you eat, the exercise you do and most definitely what you put into your body when you are pregnant. It depends what sacrfices you are prepared to put in to get the body that you want.

I find eating a mainly raw vege diet, with small amounts of protein and a few carbs makes a huge difference to your waist line.

I do 150 crunches every night and heaps of other ab work. It is worth every crunch.

OMG! I had to register just so I could respond! You are being completely unrealistic and are terrifying most of the bloggers in here. Seriously, please post a photo of your perfect post baby belly! I would bet my big beautiful house that you won’t!! Sorry but you sound like an idiot!

I train boxers as a hobby. I don’t need to, I enjoy it. I trained for 2 hours a day (as opposed to my normal 4 hours per day) each and every day while pregnant; I am a vegetarian who only consumes organic fresh foods that do not come in packages. I used the absolute best oils on my skin, I had body skin treatments twice a week, and yes I still had saggy skin on my tummy. My mother didn’t, I have fab skin, but yes IT HAPPENS! Sometimes no matter what you do, it happens. So please, don’t read the above post and think you have done anything wrong. I have seen people put on 30 to 50 kgs while preggers, and not have saggy skin. I have also personally witnessed me - exercising properly every day, having a super fit body before each baby, and all of a sudden an extra baby makes all the difference. I don’t care what was said above! Unfortunately - it happens sometimes no matter what you do. Don’t beat yourself up about it or blame yourself. Gaaah - seriously Shae!! What a silly silly thing to say! Very uneducated!:banghead:

HI my name is brittany my son is 3 years old i had a c-seciten i have lost 80lb but cant seam to get my skin to tighten i work out every day i walk everyday and use coca butter everyday on my skin but cant get it to tighten do you have a ide that mite help my problem???

AI have the same vertical scar. I feel like they gutted me like a fish. I had that done with my oldest daughter. But my other 2 I had vaginal. I was in great shape until I had my 2nd and my 3rd. I didn't lose the weight after my 2nd before I got pregnant with my 3rd. I went from 130 to 165. Now I'm well over 200 lbs. My youngest is 10 yrs old now. I started gaining all the weight after I had my daughters. I wish everyone the best in losing the weight.

Please read this....

(removed)

dont give up, I read all your replies and am sad to see about the lack of knowledge of people have about thier bodies. All of you should read this and you will find a way to loose the "loose skin". The skin on the back of your hand when pinched will give you an idea of how thin your skin is, then hold your 'loose' belly skin and i bet its nowhere near as thin, there will be plenty of extra pounds to loose just to loose the extra skin as we call it. Yes i have a fat 'loose belly' too, after having my son at birth weigh 11 pounds 7 ounces it left me with a FOLD of skin over an inch thick which i now know that is probably 90% fat and 10%ish stretched skin, and as i loose my extra fat very slowly im very slowly watching my fat belly fold go too. It does require alot of excersize and healthy diet and TIME. You can go get a belly tuck if your after a quick fix but if you dont change your diet and excersize habits then whats the point. crash diets will give you loose skin, an excersize diet will keep the skin/muscle toned and loose weight at same time.

there i had my say.

hope i never offended anyone, sorry if i did.

I am 50 years old and the only problem I have is my mid-section, I had 2 children in my twenties and I was not motivated to do anything at the time. I have been going to the gym for 1 1/2 years now but still have not noticed any difference. If you can give me any pointers it would be great!!!

Whoa whoa now don't listen to any of these negative nancy's! No offense ladies, but it takes a lot of hard work. Trust me! I am 90 pounds, and gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy, and pretty much all of it went to my belly, and then I had to have a c-section, so I had a lot of flab after that! I had so much loose skin it drooped down to my "area." I couldn't wear jeans even. The flab was thick too, but over time it started to go, because when you first have surgery like that you can't be hitting the gym right away! Also, exercising helped immensely. My belly is at the point now where it doesn't droop, I'm back in a size one pants, and it's starting to flatten out. Always stay active. If you have energy, put it to good use! Walking and going to work aren't going to be the only solution. Of course, different women have different metabolisms and genetics to skin elasticity, etc, but still finding a good daily workout routine or a coach helps! I just use the wii fitness honestly. I don't have to go anywhere and am in the comfort of my own home, and it has worked greatly, and the more you work out the more the stretchmarks start to fade. :) I can't say how much your body will look like it did before. That's all up to you!

i am trying to lose my belly fat after baby too...i tried these workouts and it helped alot...but currently im jogging early morning each day and doing a mix of these exercises afterwards.....it helps.....though at first it may not seem like it.....after a while u will start noticing that your stomach is shrinking....breastfeeding after having my baby made me lose a lot of weight....but when my baby stopped feeding my body started gaining weight again....but with the help of these exercise it is really helping....it also helps to eat healthy food in small quantities more times a day rather than eating all u can eat at one meal time....hope this helps you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huP9ZWUTEUQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BjWLaGqEAg&feature=g-hist

can you email me how..

i wanna loose the skin i have lost i went from wearing 15/16 to where 10s are BIG!!

so help me loose my skin..

[email removed]

I had my son over a year ago and had a c section. Just like everyone I had extra loose skin. I did not want to get surgery because I am still not done having kids and plus it is very expensive. A couple of months ago I was introduce to something called It Works! It is basically a wrap that you put on your skin to tighten tone and firm any part of your skin and the stretch marks are fading away:) I found it on this website SPAM. I am not trying to sell anything but I am just trying to help new moms like me get their sexy back and loose that extra skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back