Loose skin after pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natasha81

I'm a fairly new mom. My son just turned 1 this past October. I'm back in shape my skin just a little loose. I had a C-section and I was wondering what were some things other moms out there were doing to help with their little knuck (tummy) without the cranny(s)-after pregnancy?

Hi Natasha! I am going to be honest with and your probably not going to like this. I had my son via c-section 3 years ago. There is nothing you can do to change the skin or the c-section belly! I lost the weight was in great shape and had no results. I think the only thing you can do is consider plastic surgery.

I agree with you .........
A tummy tuck can give you back that flat stomach with self-esteem.
One must be ready for the recovery time though. It takes a good 6-8 weeks to recover. If you are finished having children, consider treating yourself.
However, this is not for everyone. Some dont mind a little belly fat or hangover.

After 4 pregnancies, I WISH there was something that would get my tummy skin back to smooth and taut, but alas..I think surgery is the only answer. I am considering it....just because we are done having kids.

Wow I just joined this site today and was talking about this with my husband last night. I am due to get a breast recduction in 6 weeks and I have no doubt that a tummy tuck will follow. How depressing is that? I thought it would get better after a year but it is still the same.

I had a c-section almost seven months ago and I am coming to the conclusion that the little ponch is here to stay.
My fiance said that when we're done having babies, he'll treat me to a tummy tuck. The recovery time is the same as the c-section so it won't be so bad.
I think I want my boobs done too. Not bigger, just back to where they were. It's a little depressing being 26 years old and having your boobs rest on your stomach.:rotflmao:

I Had my son via c section too and I have been told by numerous sources that the tummy flabbyness never goes away on it's own. That's SO sad to me LOL

im 21 had my daughter at 19 and it was a c-section and im planning to have another kid c-section also.....so is everyone saying just beacuse you have a c-section your stomach isnt gonna be the same but for the women who do it natural there stomaches are good?????huh??

It's not entirely a C-section thing; when the topic's come up on pregnancy groups, there's often been one or two women with vaginal births who will say they have the same problem. But the C-section women with that problem outnumber the vaginal birth women at least 5 to 1.

ohh okay i see...i guess it just depends on how your body is evey girl is diferent some have amazing bodys after a baby and some have to work hard to get it so it all depends...

I want to disagree with everyone. Surgery is not the only option to losing your flabby belly. I will work on taking some updated pics today.. but, I went from 110 to 200 lbs. My youngest is turning ONE on February 2 and I have lost almost all of that weight but about 5-7 lbs.. and here is the deal, I did have a c-section. The "mothers apron" is close to being gone and I gained A LOT of weight.

You have to keep yourself on a strict diet. You have to want to lose that extra skin, you can. A loose screw can be tightened, why not your skin?

Walk, use the treadmill. Buy a cheap/used ab slider, ab roller. Read books about ab exercises, try them - I am not talking a few days, do them a month or two and you will notice a difference in your skin.

Crunches, sit ups. As you lose weight and focus on TONING certain parts of your body, your skin will shrink itself..

Surgery is NOT your only option. You mentally have to want to lose the skin in order to do it.. I have been, and I am VERY happy about that.

What mom should cover it all in the summer? Good luck!

You have to want to lose that extra skin, you can. A loose screw can be tightened, why not your skin?

You mentally have to want to lose the skin in order to do it..

I really, really, really want this loose screw to be tighter. Do you know how long I should concentrate on wanting it to be tight before it'll tighten up?

Some people do have very elastic skin, and I certainly wouldn't say surgery is necessary for everyone. (Heck, I wouldn't say it would be beneficial to most people.) But no matter how many screwdrivers I have, if the screw's stripped, or the hole I'm screwing it into has enlarged, it's not going to get tighter. Not everyone has very elastic skin, and you can't want your skin elastic.

I really, really, really want this loose screw to be tighter. Do you know how long I should concentrate on wanting it to be tight before it'll tighten up?

Some people do have very elastic skin, and I certainly wouldn't say surgery is necessary for everyone. (Heck, I wouldn't say it would be beneficial to most people.) But no matter how many screwdrivers I have, if the screw's stripped, or the hole I'm screwing it into has enlarged, it's not going to get tighter. Not everyone has very elastic skin, and you can't want your skin elastic.

No, that is not what I ment at all. A lot of people think they want to lose weight, they will tell themselves they will lose weight, they will try but they're not mentaly prepared for it. It's like getting ready for your first drivers test, "I want to pass, I will pass, I want to pass, I will pass"..

The more you focus on your diet and the things you eat, the more weight you lose. The more you focus on workouts and were you feel it in your body, the more inches you lose. You have to diet the right way and work out the right way. Your skin DOES shrink.. it is VERY hard to see the results, especially if you look in the mirror 5x a day.. My waist was.... large! I went from a size ONE to a size FIFTEEN in only nine months, I have lost 95% of my weight and you would *think* I would have just inches and inches of extra skin - I don't, because it shrank (and I work out, every single single single day!!). It is the same for every body out there, not all skin is the same, but everyone can do it... it's hard and a lot of work that some people are not mentally focused to do

people get so focused on "omg I need surgery" that they're not even noticing a difference... it can and may take YEARS to lose the extra, but you can.

I know that now with the extra I have.. it may take me a few years.. but damn, I have lost a LOT of extra skin..

IT. CAN. HAPPEN!

my problem is not the skin its the stretch marks those will never go away so no matter what i do my tummy will be loose cause of them they are horrible huge things some almost an inch wide my 5 foot body was not made to carry and 8lb baby

I had a c-section almost seven months ago and I am coming to the conclusion that the little ponch is here to stay.
My fiance said that when we're done having babies, he'll treat me to a tummy tuck. The recovery time is the same as the c-section so it won't be so bad.
I think I want my boobs done too. Not bigger, just back to where they were. It's a little depressing being 26 years old and having your boobs rest on your stomach.:rotflmao:

Tell me about it!!!! I'm 22 and feeling the exact same. I didn't have a c section though. I definatly don't have the money for either surgery right now though... anybody have any good exercise routines or anything that they did that helped at all? I definatly am not in the same shape I used to be and it's severely depressing. I can't loose this last 20 lbs!!! Any ideas?? Diet ideas also welcome!!! I need that little boost behind me to get me motivated to work out and diet!!! It's sooo hard!! I never had to worry about weight before my daughter was born!!

Last edited:
I'm a fairly new mom. My son just turned 1 this past October. I'm back in shape my skin just a little loose. I had a C-section and I was wondering what were some things other moms out there were doing to help with their little knuck (tummy) without the cranny(s)-after pregnancy?

I'm sorry I dont have the best news. LOL But most times after a baby that loose skin stays - even with hard work! For me it really isnt a issue. I am pregnant with my thrid child and NONE of my loose skin if from my kiddos - as much as I would love to say it was! LOL Having gone from 380 to 160 I have no other option then surgery. So after we are SURE we are done having children I am having a "full body" lift. I wish I had somoe really good advice for you :( But - on the brighter side, I am sure your son is worth the little big of saggy skin on the belly area! I had a placental abruption and had to have a virtical cut with my daughter. I had over 60 staples. I look like I have a butt in the front from that with my loose skin! LOL something I WONT miss after my tummy tuck!

There are woman who have a good skin and others are not bless with that, unfortunately I was one that people who are not bless to have good skin, but if you are in good shape now you are bless, most woman cannot recover their shapes after fist born, I will suggest if you have money you can go for surgery or buy some bleaching cream that can lighten the scars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plastic surgery is NOT an option for me. Not only can I not justify paying for it, it's dangerous. People have had cosmetic surgery and died from it. So PERSONALLY for me working out is the only thing that I can do. If the loose skin doesn't "tighten" up I will have to learn to love my new and different body. This site had really helped.

Hello,

I've read a lot myself recently about "loose skin" and I've personally learned that with enough body ratio work, you could probably eliminate it. when you lose fat but don't build enough muscle, the fat in certain areas isn't supported by the right ratio of muscle. start building more muscle. as women, we won't look bulky, so don't worry about that. I'm dealing with this myself now. after losing 100 lbs. I'm at a healthy 140 lbs. but still have some tummy fat/"loose skin" to get rid of. I've refocused lately on muscle building. more muscle = more calories burned and more fat burned, therefore "replacing" fat and boosting metabolism. when you have more muscle and burn more fat, your "loose skin" areas will be no more.

I had natural childbirth 2 times and I have the pouch. I am 140lbs and my goal is 130 (almost there.) I wish my tummy looked better, I just don't see 10lbs making that much difference there. Even if it does get flatter the wrinkles, stretchmarks, and "some" loose skin will remain. In my case surgery is probably the only option to make my tummy close to perfect. I probably will just live with it and chalk it up to SMALL PRICE TO PAY FOR HAVING TWO SWEET GIRLS, my husband doesn't mind either.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back