LIPOSUCTION: Several Questions, new member, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sezza67

Hey Guys,

I have posted these questions already but I think i did it in the wrong forum??

Anyways, I'm Sarah, very glad to of found this forum!!

Just in re to liposuction, several questions

I am not over weight but I am wide and have bigger thighs which makes my bum look bigger. I have decided to have liposuction on my inner thighs, outer thighs hips and whole of abdomen.

1. How much does it hurt?
2. How much weight can I expect to lose?
3. How long will the bruises take to heal AND how long will I be in pain for?
4. Will it make much of a difference, if anyone has ever had these areas done?

I eat well, I exercise but these areas are just bigger, I have always been wider, it bothers me so much, I want this surgery I would just really love to know how affective it will be. Any advice or comments would be so much appreciated.

Thanks very much and goodluck to you all in your weight loss xoxox

liposculpture

This is for Smartlipo/VASER liposelection/tumescent liposculpture. If you have a different procedure than this, you will have different experiences.

Hey Guys,

I have posted these questions already but I think i did it in the wrong forum??

Anyways, I'm Sarah, very glad to of found this forum!!

Just a note, this is in reference to tumescent lipo/VASER liposelection/SMARTLIPO. If you are having different procedures, your experience will be different.

Just in re to liposuction, several questions

I am not over weight but I am wide and have bigger thighs which makes my bum look bigger. I have decided to have liposuction on my inner thighs, outer thighs hips and whole of abdomen.

1. How much does it hurt?

For the actual procedure, you get a couple of shots and take a couple of pills and are basically incoherent. I started to wake up a little by the end of the procudure, and I remember being uncomfortable but not in pain. The most painful part is the post operative therapy, where they rub and massage all of the fluids that are accumulating in the area where you had the procedure out of drains/stents in your body. The massage gets less painful and more bearable as you go. I was massaged every day for 20 minutes for eight days after my procedure. I had my abdomen/upper and lower back done, so it was painful to transition from sitting to standing/standing to laying/laying to standing etc. It feels like you worked out crazy hard and your abs and back are super duper sore. The massage feels like... excruciating massage of said sore muscles.

2. How much weight can I expect to lose?

DO NOT expect to lose weight from liposuction. It is not a weight loss surgery. It is a shaping/sculpting surgery. Weight loss will be negligible, ~2-8lbs depending on how much you have removed. You should be more focused on appearance and the lines. For example, instead of having a lump where my bra is, then fat rolls below that, then odd bumps where my the tops of my pants are, and then a sharp intake at my behind (muffin top), I have smooth clean pear-shaped lines, which make me look much less odd-shaped and disproportionate.

3. How long will the bruises take to heal AND how long will I be in pain for?
Bruises last for 3-4 weeks. Scar tissue, fluid build-up and maintenance Dr. appointments last 3-4 months. Final results: 6 months. Pain lasts for the first two weeks, but at a certain point you are healed enough and have acclimated to the feelings of discomfort that it's not painful any more.

4. Will it make much of a difference, if anyone has ever had these areas done?

It's only my second week and it's made a huge difference. I can't wait for 6 months from now, especially in conjuction with making an effort to lose more weight, to see my final shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back