Lewis's (skinny Runt) Journal

Hi All,

I have been a long time lurker reading tips and motivational threads to help with my gym workouts.

I finally joined today to hopefully get more help and info from you all and maybe help some people get motivated in the same way people have for me.

Few facts about me.

Im Lewis, 23 and live in west sussex, UK. I am about 5'9", although i have never actually measured my height and weigh 67kg / 147 lbs.

A little about my past.

In school i was always the skiny kid that never put on weight. To be honest i still am that person. i can eat and eat and them scales do not move a bit. Now i know alot of people will hate me already for that and say i shouldnt moan but when your aim is to gain muscle and bulk a little, its not ideal. I have always been good a sports and been at a gym since i was 17 so i have been generally fit the majority of my life.

I started a new job 3 years ago and every one calls me the skinny runt lol and find it funny how much i eat each day. Earlier this year i may a promise to my self that i would make a difference and start really working hard.

Previoulsy at the gym, all i would do was tone and cardio to keep healthy and fit but seeing as there wasnt much muscle, there seemed to be little progress. I started taking protein and creatine beginning of this year and noticed a little bit of growth, this and the help of alot of fitness sites and blogs and talking to people saying go big or go home.

I dont have a figure to aim at, i have a size or shape i would like to be and thats really my only goal.

So what do i do at the gym today?
I currently do 80% weight training with a little bit of cardio to finish to help burn any excess fat i have.
I go 3 times a week and aim to work 2-3 muscle groups each session.
I go with my fiancee, who is mainyl doing cardio so the occasional run is done to help motivate her as well.

I will try to keep a weekly update to what i have done and eaten so i can really keep a track of my progress and if you find it useful then that is a bonus.

I think i have blabbered on a bit now so thanks for reading and i hope you enjoy the things to come.

Lewis

W/C 20 August.

Monday - 5k Run
Lunch - Rice and Chicken x 2
Dinner - Tune Jacket potatoe with salad

Tuesday - Rest
Lunch - Chicken and Rice, Salad
Dinner - Pork Steaks with Boiled Potatoes and Veg

Weds - Gym, Chest, tri and abs
Lunch - Pasta chicken and cheese
Dinner - Chicken and mushroom supreme with rice

Thurs - Gym, Back, Biceps and legs
Lunch - Turkey and Rice. Turkey Salad
Dinner - Chicken kievs and Potaoes with veg

Well the bank holiday was slightly bad as a trip to the zoo lead to munching on a few rubbish bits and a meal out but back on track today.

Going for a run after work to hopefully get my self in the mood for the gym later this week.

I will find some photos of me a while back so you can see the before and current size and shape.

Would like to hear any advise people have on helping me bulk up at the moment.

Lewis

been on chicken and rice now for 4 days straight so today i have pasta and cheese with 4 bits of fruit.

Quite chuffed as went to the gym last night and managed to up my bench press to 3 sets of 75kg. feeling a bit sore today but no pain no gain.

Going for a swim in my lunch break today. hopefully will losen up the sore bits.

Easy and fast way to gain weight

Hi Lewis,
When trying to gain muscle and put on some weight you have to follow a few basic rules:
.1 Train hard and lift heavy weights- it's important that you keep Challenging your body and making it work harder all the time. workout at least 3 times a week but no more then 4.
.2 Give your body the time it needs to recover and make sure you get planty of sleep( at least 8 hours every night)
3. get you'r diet in order. This means that from now on you have to eat every 2-3 hours. Focus on foods that have a lot of protein like meat, chicken, tuna fish and eggs, the rest of your diet should be made up of organic foods like vegetables and whole carbs.
Hope it helps, if you need more advice on how to gain muscle check out [removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice.

Managed to up my bench press to 80kg last night.

is there a certain percentage that you should be able to lift compared to your own body weight?

Back