Jay

Great work! Moderation is so much harder than abstinence for me as well...

November 9, 2022
Weight: 221.1

I am so, so close to being under the 220s! The weight continues to drop down and I am so happy about this. My goal is to get to at least 218 by Thanksgiving. By then, I should have dropped another inch off somewhere, and I'll be back to where I can fit in some of my old clothes. I already feel my jacket getting a little looser around the tummy :)

Breakfast:
- Black coffee: 0 calories
- Total: 0 calories

Lunch:
- Turkey sandwich: 300 calories
- Fruits: 50 calories
- Total: 350 calories

Dinner:
- 1 bowl of white rice: 400 calories
- 1 serving pork belly adobo: 1000 calories
- 1 serving sauteed bok choy: 120 calories
- Total: 1520 calories

Total: 1870 calories
Limit: 1930 calories

Reflection:
- 1:46PM: Y'all, let me tell you something - I made the richest, fattiest pork belly adobo in the world. By the time I was done cooking, it was GLISTENING in oil. I was actually so surprised. Now don't get me wrong - it's absolutely delicious, but a bowl of it can be such a calorie bomb. Thankfully, I seem to have gotten full from the meal last night before I can even finish the calories, so at least it's filling. I do want to add some vegetables to meal, though, because... I don't know. My body is craving some freshness with the meal.

I do want to add some vegetables to meal, though, because... I don't know. My body is craving some freshness with the meal.
I feel sick even reading about pork fat so won't even go there. I actually just shuddered. I wasn't brought up on eating fatty meat. But veggies? Maybe you want to add some veggies because they are so good for you & your body really needs them. I don't think a meal is a meal without them. I love a rainbow of colours with mine :D

I feel sick even reading about pork fat so won't even go there. I actually just shuddered. I wasn't brought up on eating fatty meat. But veggies? Maybe you want to add some veggies because they are so good for you & your body really needs them. I don't think a meal is a meal without them. I love a rainbow of colours with mine :D
Right? i think what I'll do is maybe make a bok choy, green bean, egg plant dish tonight. My body is craving something purple! It's hard to explain the feeling but it just desires a dark color.

November 10, 2022
Weight: 220.8 lbs

I did it, folks! I made it to 220.8 lbs today. Just 0.8 lbs left before I hit 219 and I'm out of the 220s.

Since I've been maintaining this routine for a little over a month now, I'm going to start re-incorporating exercise. My goal is not to build muscle (it will be really difficult since I'm on a calorie deficit), but to maintain whatever muscles that I do have. I also don't want to overtax my body. Fatigue triggers my bipolar episodes like crazy.

My plan is to go home and do some simple dumbbell weight exercises - not exceeding 20-25lb dumbbells at a time. Body weight squats, good-but-slow bench presses, shoulder presses, etc.

And listen, Jay - I know, I know, I know. You have a tendency to beat yourself up. You are going to lift weights and think, "Man! I wish I could lift those heavy weights like those beefy dudes." But you know what? Things like this take time. Your goal is to focus not on your anxiety of what you could be, but to boil everything down to it's simplest. You are simply going to the gym to maintain the muscles that you have so you don't lose them while you're in a calorie deficit. THAT'S IT. No need to add emotion to the action. KISS - keep it simple, stupid. You'll do great. I love you.

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:
- White Rice; 400 calories
- Leftover Adobo: 400 calories (gonna make some adobo fried rice!)
- Bok choy: 30 calories
- Oil: 160 calories
- Peanut butter jelly sandwich: 300 calories
- Milk: 160 calories
- Total: 990 calories

Total: 1800 calories

Reflection:
- 9:35AM: A great benefit to being on a weight loss journey is saving a lot of money in the process. Along with some calories to lose, I also have some debt to lose. All this money saved by not eating out is going to straight to all my debt. I am thankful - it truly is a win-win situation.

I'm an old woman and I still sometimes struggle to focus on function rather than numbers at the gym so I understand your hesitation but as long as you can walk the line exercise feels so good!

And listen, Jay - I know, I know, I know. You have a tendency to beat yourself up. You are going to lift weights and think, "Man! I wish I could lift those heavy weights like those beefy dudes." But you know what? Things like this take time. Your goal is to focus not on your anxiety of what you could be, but to boil everything down to it's simplest. You are simply going to the gym to maintain the muscles that you have so you don't lose them while you're in a calorie deficit. THAT'S IT. No need to add emotion to the action. KISS - keep it simple, stupid. You'll do great. I love you.
I love this. I talk to myself all of the time. I now say the KISS principle is to keep it simple sweetheart!

I love this. I talk to myself all of the time. I now say the KISS principle is to keep it simple sweetheart!
Haha! I love that,
I'm an old woman and I still sometimes struggle to focus on function rather than numbers at the gym so I understand your hesitation but as long as you can walk the line exercise feels so good!
I'm glad I did it, because it DID feel good!

November 11, 2022
Weight: 221.6 lbs

Good good morning everyone. I forget that I need some extra sleep whenever I exercise, and unfortunately I didn't quite do that, so I'm feeling a little tired today. Good thing is that it's Friday (hurray!!). I gained a pound since yesterday but I am 100% certain it's just because of water retention from lifting weights. I've been very good with eating well the past few weeks so I'll ignore this little blip and keep on going.

Breakfast:

Lunch:
- Total: 350 calories

Dinner:
- White Rice: 400 calories
- Adobo: 600 calories
- Eggs: 140 calories
- Oil: 120 calories
- Total: 1260 calories

Total: 1610 calories

Reflection:
- 11:25AM: I have decided to not do the journals on the weekends. I'll still maintain my black-coffee-only routine with a moderate lunch and moderate dinner. I am going out this weekend with some friends and I know that there is alcohol involved. I've never liked alcohol but I will drink a cider just to relax, maybe some snacks. I'm going to see my parents on Sunday and that will be a korean bbq kind of experience, so I'll save my appetite for that lunch/dinner plan. Overall, I foresee the downward trend to continue!

November 18, 2022
Weight: 221.0

Hello everyone! I seem to be plateauing a bit. Turns out I have been eating a little too much at night. Instead of compiling my entire meal to one dinner, I've been snacking and it's been hurting my weight loss. I've identified the problem - long story short, I had an expiring coupon and so thinking I was being frugal, I grabbed the first thing I can get my hands on: a party-size bag of Cheetos.

Woops! I've been munching on that all week, and I know how what I feel like is a handful can easily be an extra 500 calories. This would definitely set me up to fail!

So the moment I get home, I'm going to dump that entire bag in the garbage. I could have done it yesterday, but I was waiting to get this diary entry out. I wanted to announce it to the world, almost symbolically, that I am not allowing this junk food to take over my goals. I. Will. Succeed.

Breakfast:

Lunch:
- Single serving potato chips: 220 calories
- Turkey sandwich (eating only one slice of bread): 220 calories
- Total: 490 calories

Dinner:
- Spicy teriyaki chicken: 500 calories
- One cup vegetable fried rice: 500 calories
- Total: 1000 calories

Total: 1490 calories
Daily Limit: 1930 calories

Reflection:
- 12:12PM: I can do this. I can do this. This is the part in my journey where I usually yo-yo back to bad habits. No more. I'm going to push through this plateau and succeed. I deserve this!!

I wanted to announce it to the world, almost symbolically, that I am not allowing this junk food to take over my goals. I. Will. Succeed.
Amen to that!
I can do this. I can do this. This is the part in my journey where I usually yo-yo back to bad habits. No more. I'm going to push through this plateau and succeed. I deserve this!!
You can do this. Those bloody chips aren't going to beat you. You deserve better than that.

November 22, 2022
Weight: 211.1 lbs

Hello again everyone!

Still at that darned plateau. I think I need readjust my goals this week since Thanksgiving is coming up, and I am giving myself the OK to indulge.

My goal this week: Not to gain anymore weight by eating at maintenance calories.

Breakfast:
- black coffee: 0 calories

Lunch:
- Turkey Sandwich: 300 calories
- Luau chips: 220 calories
- total: 520 calories

Dinner:
- One cup of rice: 400 calories
- Chicken: 300 calories
- Panang Curry: 800 calories
- Rest of the Pad Thai: 300 calories
- Total: 1950

Total: 2320 calories
Limit: 2330 calories

Reflection:
- 12:04PM : I remain to be conscientious of my decisions. I understand that it's Thanksgiving soon, so I'm not going to fret and make a big deal about this week. Let's consider this a little dietary break, and let's get back on track next week.

A thing I have started doing again is eating very slowly & mindfully & appreciating my food. You end up fuller quicker & more satisfied, both mentally & physically.

December 5, 2022

Hello everyone! I'm back. I have been gone because my sleep apnea has gotten significantly worse. I remember I woke up crying and my body felt totally numb, and my throat felt like it closed up. It was such a scary feeling. Thankfully, my CPAP came in and I have gotten significantly better sleep the last two days I've had it. It's not completely perfect yet, but things like daytime sleepiness has reduced significantly.

I am not going to do anything planned with my diet yet as I want to focus on one thing at a time. My weight is stabilized at the moment. I will continue this journal once my sleep has normalized. See you all soon!

It will be so much better for you to get your sleep normalised. Thanks for checking in :)

Sleep is so important and feeling like you can't breathe is terrifying. I hope things level out soon!

Back