Cohen's Lifestyle I'm starting Cohen's diet on Tuesday

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle

vic33

Hi everyone,

My name is Victoria and i am starting the Cohen's diet on Tuesday, well that's when i have my first meeting anyway. I am looking forward to meeting new people and sharing their journey's with me. I am also interested in knowing how everyone on the diet is going with it? I am soooo excited about the stories i have read so far, mostly very positive stories. I hope i can do this. Looking forward to hearing from everyone. Victoria:nopity::smilielol5

Welcome Victoria

Welcome to the forum and to joining the Cohens way of eating. After having my 2nd child I found it very hard to lose the weight and had tried many different diets and when I found Cohens and researched it I knew I had found the diet for me and I was so right....within 2 weeks of being on plan my clothes were looser and I felt really healthy, fit and full of energy. In total I lost 16kg after refeed.
I have found the maintaining side a bit difficult but I have returned to the Cohens way of eating several times to lose....my advice would be to stick to the plan 100% and when you do finish refeed try and eat the Cohens way the majority of the time.
Drink your waters, take your vitamins and once you get through the detox which is approximately 2-3 days you feel less hunger and more revitalised.
Goodluck Victoria.
By the way the forum is a bit all over the place at the moment so we hope it is fixed soon.
Sam:)

Day 1 DR C

Hello everyone

My name is Sham, female and I have just started this programme. Is anyone new here? Im looking for a buddy to keep me on track?

I read somewhere that you can lose a kilo a day with Dr C...is that true?
Perhaps for men.

Anyway, still navigating my way through this forum.

take care

Hi Sham & welcome to the forum. I can't imagine any diet where you would lose 1kg a day. Cohen's works really well but not that well. LOL! We probably all wish it did. By the same token it is not a slow program by any means. It all depends on how much you have to lose of course. I can only give you my example. I had 36kgs to lose. I lost 10kg first 4 weeks & then 4-5kg every month after that. It took me 28 weeks all up to lose that 36kg, which is an average of over a kilo a week. I was very happy with that. Everyone loses more in the 1st 4 weeks as your body sheds fluid, then , naturally it slows. If you stick to Cohen's 100% you will lose all of your excess weight. It must be committed to 100% for it to work properly. Any minor deviations delay your weight-loss by up to a week. It is just not worth it. There will be others about who are just starting & hopefully they will join you in the forum.
It helps to have support but, ultimately you will do this yourself. Read some motivational sayings, start a diary of your own & type how you feel. It's amazing how by doing that you learn to recognise the reasons why you overate before. It's all a learning process. We'll be there for support along the way. All the best Sham xo Cate

Hi everyone, I have been on the Cohens diet for a week now, the only thing i'm really missing is my choccies :D I have found so many amazing recipes to try on this forum. I would also love a buddy to keep me on track and talk about our experience and things during this diet! :)

Last edited:
Hi i started on the cohen diet on last Monday. my weight was 63.5....today i am 61.5....been 61.5 since wednesday....

i had 3 meals a day plus 2 snacks...didnt drink enough water though..

my weight stopped at 61.5 for days...kind of discouraging as i thought i am doing everything right but the weight doesn seem to go down....please help...i am so discouraged...thanks all..

Back