I want to lose some weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emotinium

Hi,

I want to give it a second change to lose weight again. I have a mental disorder which makes going outside quit hard, so I want to do my workouts at home and do a healthy balanced diet. Being fit and healthy is quit important to ease my issues.

A few months ago I stopped doing my workouts at home, because my energy was so low that I was tired after 5 minutes of some exercises. I also did a diet with 1600 calories a day at the same, so a good change that that was one of the reasons that my energy was so low that I just stopped.

I always wasn’t the most fit kid at school, so I often was holding in my belly so I would slimmer. It was’t a very great idea after all, because now my stomage doesn’t look like that straight anymore and my underbelly sticks out of the rest of my stomage and I think it looks ugly and I want to get rid of it. Also my hips, but and legs could lose some fat. Also gaining some muscle is importent for me. I don’t want to be a big bodybuilder or something, but just want to look and feel healthy and fit.

I ain’t looking for a workout plan which is hard, difficult and provides a fast lose of weight and improvement in strength. I’m looking for something which is easy to hold on and provides a slow but affective way of losing fat and gaining muscle.

I’m 19 years old, 187cm and 81kg. My BMI is good, but I think it is mostly because the balance of my muscle and fat isn’t right.

Hopefully someone could help me out. English isn’t my native language so I hope everything is understandable how I wrote it.

Hi, Emotinium & welcome to the forum. It might be a good idea to move this post over to the diary section, where there is more activity. You'll find it at https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/
What you eat is much more important than exercise for weight-loss. Exercise is beneficial for many reasons, including just making you feel better about yourself.
There are various useful sites online for dietary guidelines. Some of these are-
Australian Guide to Healthy Eating | Eat For Health
Choose MyPlate
The eatwell guide - A revised healthy eating model - British Nutrition Foundation

Thanks for your reply cate.

I already thought this site wasn’t active anymore. I’ll copy paste my topic to the link you just send. I understand that eating is actually the most benefical thing for losing fat, but I’m afraid that I’ll also lose muscle when I mostly focuss on that. Getting a better condition is also a important thing for me and then it’s necessary to workout. But I don’t know where to start.

I’m actually already changing my food and drinks. I am trying to get rid of eating sugar. It’s very hard and I didn’t managed yet to eat no sugar, but I already lowered my intake. I try to change my sugar to (healthy) fat food, like milk, bacon and eggs etc. But I’m struggling to find sugar free snacks atm which I actually like. My calorie intake is already on the lower side.

Hi, Emotinium

It might be a good idea to move this post over to the diary section, where there is more activity. You'll find it atSpam Link Removed

Viv

Hi,

I want to give it a second change to lose weight again. I have a mental disorder which makes going outside quit hard, so I want to do my workouts at home and do a healthy balanced diet. Being fit and healthy is quit important to ease my issues.

A few months ago I stopped doing my workouts at home, because my energy was so low that I was tired after 5 minutes of some exercises. I also did a diet with 1600 calories a day at the same, so a good change that that was one of the reasons that my energy was so low that I just stopped.

I always wasn’t the most fit kid at school, so I often was holding in my belly so I would slimmer. It was’t a very great idea after all, because now my stomage doesn’t look like that straight anymore and my underbelly sticks out of the rest of my stomage and I think it looks ugly and I want to get rid of it. Also my hips, but and legs could lose some fat. Also gaining some muscle is importent for me. I don’t want to be a big bodybuilder or something, but just want to look and feel healthy and fit.

I ain’t looking for a workout plan which is hard, difficult and provides a fast lose of weight and improvement in strength. I’m looking for something which is easy to hold on and provides a slow but affective way of losing fat and gaining muscle.

I’m 19 years old, 187cm and 81kg. My BMI is good, but I think it is mostly because the balance of my muscle and fat isn’t right.

Hopefully someone could help me out. English isn’t my native language so I hope everything is understandable how I wrote it.
Hi Emotium;
Go start your weight loss journey ,me too i was hesitant before to loss weight but beacause i challenge my self i started it Last Feb. 28 2019 as I check my weight march 28 I loss 5kilos in just 1 month of using water .Yes you heard it right i only use water diet here is my story how did i do it
~link removed~

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want loose your weight, then you need to follow the below steps, since we can't do it over a night. :D

Eat a high-protein breakfast.
Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice.
Drink water a half hour before meals.
Choose weight loss-friendly foods.
Eat soluble fiber.
Drink coffee or tea.
Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods.
Eat your food slowly.

I am Health and Wellness adviser to make healthy Lifestyle. I have more than 8 year experience in Ayurveda products and cure of diseases using home remedy. So my advise you regular workout and working on your diet. You easily loos your weight.

Try not to skip breakfast-Skipping breakfast won't empower you to get progressively fit. You could leave behind fundamental enhancements and you may wrap up snacking more for the span of the day since you feel hungry.

Eat plenty of fruit and veg- Products of the soil are low in calories and fat, and high in fiber – 3 fundamental elements for fruitful weight reduction. They additionally contain a lot of nutrients and minerals

Hi Emotium;
Go start your weight loss journey ,me too i was hesitant before to loss weight but beacause i challenge my self i started it Last Feb. 28 2019 as I check my weight march 28 I loss 5kilos in just 1 month of using water .Yes you heard it right i only use water diet here is my story how did i do it
~link removed~

I rarely drink something which contains sugar or alcohol. With rarely I mean like once a month I drink a coca cola or something.

I drink water and coffee and thee without sugar. But my snacking habbit compensate that. I don’t really eat a big breakfast or lunch.

My depression isn’t helpful in this situation, but I want to go to a healthier lifestyle. It’s hard for me to increase my breakfast and lunch, because when I eat too much I get nauseous fast. But I want to change my snack habbit to at least healthy stuff, but I can’t really eat a raw carrot for a example, because that’s disgusting. If there are any people here with recipes of healthy snacks which are simple to make let me know. I’m a person who likes variety in food.

Hey Emotinium, other than Cate, you seem to only have spammers answering your posts. Sorry, we are trying to work on that but this site attracts a lot of spam.

That's great that you rarely drink anything with sugar or alcohol. Those types of drinks are quite high in calories and don't fill you up or provide many nutrients, so they are essentially empty calories.

If I have this right, you mostly snack throughout the day... but do you eat a "regular" sized dinner? Everyone's eating habits are different, so there is no "proper" eating schedule. You just need to do what works for you. As for snacks, what kinds of foods do you like? Sometimes just having a small list on your fridge can help you in making decisions, especially when you're hungry, but not sure what to have.

Some examples of snacks might be things like:

A small apple and a handful of nuts
A small yogurt with some berries and granola
A few veggies and dip
Apple slices and peanut butter
A few whole grain crackers with cheese

There are lots of ideas out there that can include healthy ingredients, you just kind of have to figure out what you like and go from there. Also, it's easy to over do it on snacks between meals, so writing things down to keep track can be really helpful.

One of the keys to eating healthier is to incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet, so try to incorporate them into as many snacks and meals as you can.

Hi, Emotinium & welcome to the forum. It might be a good idea to move this post over to the diary section, where there is more activity. You'll find it at https://weight-loss.fitness.com/forums/weight-loss-diary.9/
What you eat is much more important than exercise for weight-loss. Exercise is beneficial for many reasons, including just making you feel better about yourself.
There are various useful sites online for dietary guidelines. Some of these are-
Australian Guide to Healthy Eating | Eat For Health
Choose MyPlate
The eatwell guide - A revised healthy eating model - British Nutrition Foundation

Nice resources! Good to see that some of these have been updated over the years. Canada recently revised it's nutrition guidelines, but I haven't really looked at them yet.

Hey Emotinium, other than Cate, you seem to only have spammers answering your posts. Sorry, we are trying to work on that but this site attracts a lot of spam.

That's great that you rarely drink anything with sugar or alcohol. Those types of drinks are quite high in calories and don't fill you up or provide many nutrients, so they are essentially empty calories.

If I have this right, you mostly snack throughout the day... but do you eat a "regular" sized dinner? Everyone's eating habits are different, so there is no "proper" eating schedule. You just need to do what works for you. As for snacks, what kinds of foods do you like? Sometimes just having a small list on your fridge can help you in making decisions, especially when you're hungry, but not sure what to have.

Some examples of snacks might be things like:

A small apple and a handful of nuts
A small yogurt with some berries and granola
A few veggies and dip
Apple slices and peanut butter
A few whole grain crackers with cheese

There are lots of ideas out there that can include healthy ingredients, you just kind of have to figure out what you like and go from there. Also, it's easy to over do it on snacks between meals, so writing things down to keep track can be really helpful.

One of the keys to eating healthier is to incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet, so try to incorporate them into as many snacks and meals as you can.

Yeah I already thought that.

The only time I eat a normal sized meal is for dinner. I don’t have much structure on the rest of the day on my eating habbits. Some people eat bread in the morning and for lunch their whole life, but I couldn’t imagine me doing that. I need variation and if I don’t have that after a while I can’t even take a bite of the meal anymore. So I’m quit picky on food. + there are also some types which I really don’t like like yogurt, cottage cheese and granola.

What are your thoughts about fresh whole grain bread? I know in diets you never see bread, but it isn’t that unhealthy right and if I don’t eat unhealthy snacks etc. I imagine I will lose weight?

I am quit a tall guy which is build naturaly quit large. I do think I eat too little for my needs.

I just need to cut down my sugar intake. Not to zero, because I really can’t. I have tried it a few times, but at least go over to ‘healthy’ sugar. I do like vegetables and fruits.

What are your thoughts about fresh whole grain bread? I know in diets you never see bread, but it isn’t that unhealthy right and if I don’t eat unhealthy snacks etc. I imagine I will lose weight?

There are some really quality breads out there, I generally try to find something with at least 3g of fibre per slice. It's really a matter of moderation. There's no need to have a ton of bread in one day, but one or two slices should be fine. It also depends on what you put on your bread. You don't generally see bread in "diets" because in current diet culture, carbs are "evil."

It's good that you like vegetables and fruits as those are both excellent things to add more of to your diet!

Last edited:
Hi,

I will recommend you not to follow any diet plan, as teens needs to be very careful about following any diet plan. Dieting can cause problems if you don't get the right type and amounts of nutrients. You can even gain more if you follow a wrong diet plan. Start eating healthy meals and snacks that are high in fiber and protein. Exercising can help you lose weight and feel healthier about yourself. It supports normal body growth. But it's ok if you can't do workout now, first you have to feel healthy about yourself by having healthy food. Just start walking as much as you can in a day. Increase your stamina. It will be better if you could give up on sugar, sugary drinks, faty foods & fast foods. Having sugar in your food once in a while is Ok. Drink green tea 5 times a day and have a lot of water. You'll see the difference.

Hey Bob, welcome!

I suggest you start a diary and tell us more about yourself. I post my food to my diary everyday and have found it helpful, keeps me on track and I get lots of advice and support from others.

Best of luck to you!

Being active is key to losing weight and keeping it off. As well as providing numerous health benefits,exercise can help burn off the excess calories you can't cut through diet alone.

Hello friends this is Dylan Bob here... I am very sad because am over weight am only 25 year old and my weight 91. I'm join gym last month but that is not working. i am not loss weight so give me suggestion what i do...

Have you taken a look through the diary section? Reading other people's experiences might help you figure out some things that could work for you.

Try to plan your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the week, making sure you stick to your calorie allowance. You may find it helpful to make a weekly shopping list.

Since you are still so young, I would not recommend going under 2000 calories a day or long term fasting. I would say create most of your calorie deficit through burning them off by exercise. Myfitnesspal is a great app to help keep you on track with your calories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back