I wanna lose belly fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cian`

Hi I'm Cian im 15, gained weight from 10-13 by eating sweets nonstop. Since then I've cut back on the sweets and have been doing little exercise every night. I'm about 5'7 and weigh 144lb. I really just want to lose belly fat, nothing else. I'm new to this forum because google search is full of scammers. I'm willing to do any excersise and any diet to lose the belly fat over any amount of time. Please help, if you know any diets, (please say the exact food plan if you have, if not, just a general plan will work) and any excersise plans, (again, specific is better, i dont know anything about this) Thank you so much, sorry if I sound picky/needy

at 5'7", 144 lbs i'm going to guess you pretty much just have that belly fat. but then you're 15, so you really don't have much adult upper body development yet either. there is really only one thing you should concentrate on for a while. it's not cutting down on sweets... it's cutting them out completely. do this and simply eat healthy for a while and there is a good chance you will return to your pre-binge self. ignore this advice and you will set out on a habit of bad nutritional decisions that will likely last the rest of your life. the choice is yours.

Hi, Cian & welcome to the forum. At 15 just changing to a healthy diet & moving more will most probably do the trick for you. You can't target belly fat or any particular area & will lose all over, although scammers will try to sell you quick fixes that claim to do that, but just don't work. It's nonsense.
Learning about healthy eating, especially at your age, would be really good. What a great age to get healthy & stay healthy.
There are various useful sites online for dietary guidelines. Some of these are-
Australian Guide to Healthy Eating | Eat For Health
Choose MyPlate
The eatwell guide - A revised healthy eating model - British Nutrition Foundation

Agreed that there's no way to lose fat in a specific location but good posture can make you look like you've just lost 5 kg, all from your belly.

again, specific is better

There is no one size fits all fitness plan or diet, nobody can give you specifics, most diets will work as will most common exercise plans but finding the specific combination for your personal needs takes time, some experimentation and dedication to the process. At age 15 how much control have you got over your food choices ? what do you eat now? how active are you ? do you have any health conditions which may make some diet and exercise choices a bad option ?

The more info we have the better match the advice from members will be.

Thank you guys, I'm new to all of this so you're a big help
At age 15 how much control have you got over your food choices ? what do you eat now? how active are you ? do you have any health conditions which may make some diet and exercise choices a bad option ?

The more info we have the better match the advice from members will be.
I guess unless I need really expensive stuff I have enough control.

I don't eat breakfast, I have microwave noodles for lunch most days, and for supper I eat what my mom makes, which isn't anything balanced or healthy. This is what I know I need to change, my diet, because writing this makes me feel stupid.

I walk home from school every day, about 15 minutes, and every night before I go to bed I do a plank, 40 situps, and 20 pushups. Just some small stuff so I'm active a little bit.

No, no health conditions.

Again, thank you all, I'm going to start on those websites and try to learn more.

How do you feel about jump rope? If you search the web for "jump rope challenge before and after" you'll see lots of pictures of people who look a lot more toned on their abs after doing 1,000 skips a day for 30 days...

Hi Cian,
Good for you for wanting to take steps to improve your health and your lifestyle. Like many of the people in here not all diets will work for others so it is best for you to do what works for you.

When i was starting out i am 5'3 i was 225lbs high blood pressure and prediabetic and just downright felt awful. I am sure most people like you and me have tried so many things to help them lose weight but the products didn't seem to be what they were advertised as and most supplements are so unhealthy that claim to help with weight loss.
Recently i started with a custom keto diet and it has been a success. I've lost 80 lbs, i am no longer a prediabetic and my high blood pressure is normal now. I actually still have a copy of some of the recipes that i used to help me lose weight and maybe this could help.?

As far as exercise I took it slow. I didn't have much energy so I practically just walked a few miles about 5 days a week. but then once the weight started to come off a little bit i started to walk more and eventually got up to 10,000 steps a day which is a killer work out for beginners. Then when you feel like you don't even get winded from that anymore start to do fast pace walking and then once I felt that I have leveled up again I started running 5k's. Just remember the more consistent you are the better chance you have at succeeding in your weight loss goals. I am so excited to hear more about your weight loss progress and what works for you!

LINK DELETED BY MOD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I'm Cian im 15, gained weight from 10-13 by eating sweets nonstop. Since then I've cut back on the sweets and have been doing little exercise every night. I'm about 5'7 and weigh 144lb. I really just want to lose belly fat, nothing else. I'm new to this forum because google search is full of scammers. I'm willing to do any excersise and any diet to lose the belly fat over any amount of time. Please help, if you know any diets, (please say the exact food plan if you have, if not, just a general plan will work) and any excersise plans, (again, specific is better, i dont know anything about this) Thank you so much, sorry if I sound picky/needy

try to do one day a week when you don't eat anything at all, drink water at the most

I definitely would not advise going a day without food at the age of 15 without medical advice. Eating healthy, exercising regularly & cutting down on junk food should be enough for Cian to lose any excess fat without doing anything excessive.

I definitely would not advise going a day without food at the age of 15 without medical advice. Eating healthy, exercising regularly & cutting down on junk food should be enough for Cian to lose any excess fat without doing anything excessive.

from one day without food, nothing will be bad, but it develops willpower

I use this system on myself and there are absolutely no side effects, doctors say on the contrary - eat the right food 5 times a day and drink a lot of water, which is a lie, and a day without food just cleanses the body of toxins. Over time, I want to go two days a week without food.
This is the simplest system and the most working, over time I began to eat less and it's absolutely free...

barunga, I assume you are an adult. Intermittent fasting is not recommended for those in periods of rapid growth, such as children and adolescents.
I am closing this thread.
Cian- if you are still about please feel free to start another one & let us know how you are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back