'I Can't stop eating' Club

Hi everyone I am a very emotional eater and addicted to sweets, my big passion = ice creams, do not like sweet beverages though :).

I am a 1.63 m, 29 years old female and 78,1 kg. This is the largest I have ever been. I was always struggling with my weight even in primary school. No I was not dieting back them, I was just in the plus normal range of the BMI chart and very unhappy and self-conscious about my weight and shape (probably because I was looking up to my younger sister who was a swimming athlete and very thin).

I started dieting around 17 years old and yoyo diet ever since. From my 18 to 22 I have managed to maintain a healthy weight of 54kg, I was happy and very active at that time. During that time I enrolled in caving and scuba diving groups. After 22 I started gaining weight again, I felt a bit bored and dissatisfied with my life. I have shifted my focus away from my studies during the previous years and I felt it was time for me to finish my uni, which I did by the end of 2011 where once more I have climbed to 62kg (which was once again in the plus normal range of the BMI chart). At 2012 I left my home country for Sweden to study a masters program. During my first three months in Sweden I managed to drop back to 53kg which I kept of for the rest six months I stayed at the country. I was living alone for the first time with my longtime boyfriend. I felt in control during my stay in Sweden. I was responsible for cooking and shopping (when I was living with my parents my mother did all the above). I had the control of what comes in my drawers and in my stomach. I lost those pounds without trying hard and without even realizing it. I have decided to walk everyday from my house to the uni (quite expensive bus tickets and did not want to spend a lot of my parents money - they were the ones paying for my stay in Sweden after all) which was a total of 3 hours walk a day (the snow was never a problem :p) and eat healthy but still enjoyed an ice-cream or two during the week. When I came back to my home country I started working in the family business (I still am) and started living with my boyfriend and sister in my parents home, who have moved out into their newly build house 25 minutes away from us. I lost control, I got depressed and still have great time of dissatisfaction with some glimpses of joy.

From March 2013 up until know I have gained a total of 25kg and I am the biggest I have ever been. I have tried unsuccessfully to loose weight ever since. When I reached 62kg I vowed to stop eating, the same happened when I got to 72kg now I am 78,1kg. I decided to write my story to the forum today because after a week and a half of successful diet, today I binged on a chocolate pudding that my mother brought over (four full tablespoons). I wanted to cry for eating but still wanted to eat the whole bowl. So instead of eating the bowl I decided to write to the forum.

I wrote to the club because I always turn to food when I am feeling bored, lonely, emotional, unhappy. And when I start I cannot stop until I am actually exploding & feeling sick afterwards. I did not post that in the newcomers because I am an inactive member of the forum since 2010 I think.

Recognition of our inclination towards eating when things get stressful can help us fight it.

I've eaten things today and yesterday which I shouldn't - but I felt stressed.

I don't know why I can't stop eating, it's only started in the last year but it's getting out of control, over the past year I've gone from 72 KG to 110 KG, or 159 lbs to 243 lbs. I get out of breath just walking up the stairs in my house! :frown:

I've been living on a steady diet of KFC, McDonald's and mini rolls every day and I need to change!!

My diet just now is:

Breakfast: mcmuffin meal and pancakes from mcdonalds

Snack: Pack of mini rolls

Lunch: KFC

Snack: another pack of mini rolls

Dinner: something from my mum then I'll sneak out for another KFC

And at night I'll buy another pack of mini rolls and munch them, I basically eat until I start feeling sick. :ack2:

Sorry for the long post, needed to vent. :rotflmao:

Hi Delilah and Saab! You both recognize a problem and want to begin to get a handle on it - so that's a good start. And posting on the forum to relieve stress and communicate is a good first step. I can't say that I have experienced anything as dramatic and serious as you describe, but I certainly know the feeling of determining to lose weight, wanting to lose weight, and time after time being derailed by the fact that there are too many wonderful foods out there calling my name! Don't know if it will help you, but the only diet I've ever had success with is Martin Katahn's Rotation Diet - because it just requires you to be perfect for three weeks and then teaches you how to maintain your loss till you do another perfect three weeks. It's an old book I found in a restaurant! I just checked and it is available for sale at Amazon and Barnes and Noble if you are interested.

I’ve been a member of this club my whole life... really want to change the power food has over me.

I hope I can improve and find motivation in your stories as well!

My weight now is 88kg. I want to lose iniatially 10kg.

My challenge for this week is avoid chocolate and sweets which are my trigger, don’t binge, drink lots of liquid and eat around 1,500 calories a day.
Also, exercice every day!

Back