How to improve flexability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am researching how to improve my flexibility for a project for school and would appreciate any helpful tips and information on the topic

Are you looking for some specific muscle group? Or just general flexibility?

Stretching, trigger point and active stretch is the most effective for flexibility.

Aloha & HowZit Nickoran!

Researching on your topic there general to specific things you must observe and question?
I am not going into detail but "share" so to generate your interest to pursue more into "flexibity."

The things I have understood in regards to "stretching" is realizing What-permits motion and What-provides bodily-movement when stretching and most importantly "Who" is doing the stretch.

The most significant thing that compromises healthy-flexibility is not giving a stretching-exercise its time to proerly-stretch? It is not so much "what your stretching" but more so "how you are feeling when stretching?"
There other inner-points of interest in reference to "improved-flexibility" that must be shared but for now...its all good.

What will allow you to make your researh on your topic more understandable is your actual participation
in regards to your own "flexibility". By this you can elimanate what is useless and keep what is useful so inturn you will the information "use-friendly" - in other words "Humanly-healthy."

hope what it is I shared will help "stretch" your thinking to discover more on Flexibility!

Aloha for now...mikey q.

Stretching exercises are only performed when muscles are warm and the body temperature is raised. Effective stretching involves applying force to the body’s muscles, which must be held just beyond a feeling of pain and needs to be held for the correct amount of time(20-40 seconds). If held too long, the muscle will become too loose and stretchy.
In order to progress you need to do stretching exercises every day.

Heated up your muscle tissue with 10 to 15 moments of cardiovascular activity. You should never expand cool muscles. Jog, pattern, swimming or stroll quickly before extending.

Stretching is very important and often over looked. Try stretching a couple times a week, maybe even 5 minutes at night. I bet your body will feel the difference and you will never wonder if stretching is neccessary again.

Yes that's absolutely right, yoga is the only exercise which will improve the flexibility. Yoga is also helpful to control our breath. It keeps our body slim and shape it well.........

As proven by the total lack of flexible gymnasts, dancers, martial artists etc. There can be no flexibility without sitting looking at candles or adopting yoga poses.
Yoga is good for many but people declaring only one way to achieve something are to be avoided or challenged at least.

Hi Nickoran,
To improve flexibility, do stretching and yoga on regular basis and manage stress with regular physical activities.

Stretching is relatively easy but requires dedication. Start with a good warm up and joint rotations. Then hold the specific stretch for about 1 minute each side, shake it out, loosen up with some more rotations and then hold the stretch again for about one minute each side. Repeat again.

When holding a stretch you don't want to feel sharp pains, you want to push into a mild discomfort but not too far. Make sure all your joints a properly aligned. Posture is incredibly important when stretching, avoid hunching.

Hope this helps!

One thing that really helped me get more flexible was the use of yoga. It helped my muscles and whole body just be more flexible.

Stretching in the morning will be helpful. Do it everyday and you will figure out the difference in your flexibilty. Remember that if you don't stretch before your workout, you will hurt yourself. Stretching before workout or sports activities is a must to avoid pain.

Interesting and debatable topic. From my experience flexibility is very specific. Understanding why a person needs a certain amount of flexibility is good to know. Also ( I think this was mentioned before) looking at what is low to optimal to unnecessary (hyper mobility) is probably needed to create a decent stretching program.

Dynamic warm-up prior to working out
Follow a workout with light static stretching
Prioritize full range of motion
Incorporate massage
Take time to relax
Learn to breathe properly
Stay hydrated

Yoga can improve flexibility and helps us to lose weight also. I started to do Yoga last month and I really love it. It makes me feel great and active all day; it improves my breathing and lifestyle. I also want to try Pilates for a good core exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back