How to improve flexability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dynamic warm-up prior to working out
Follow a workout with light static stretching
Prioritize full range of motion
Take time to relax
u319-7-ways-to-improve-flexibility-static-stretching.jpg

Hey Nick, I'm sure you've got a bunch of great advice already and forgive me if I repeat anything here...My suggestions are warm the muscles up first, I usually take a hot bath or get in the hot tub. You can also just start moving around, for example, walk or jog, that will loosen you up. Then can actually stretch the muscle, which I suggest doing after a light warmup, maybe some jumping jacks. They you can get very detailed and specific. Have you ever heard of PNF stretching? Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation Check it out . Good luck.

How to Improve Flexibility

Do dynamic stretching. Dynamic stretching should always be done before static stretching. Dynamic stretching includes motion and is meant to mimic and exaggerate the movements of actual exercise and daily motions. This is a much safer form of stretching.

Do Inchworms: Beginning in a pushup position, slowly walk until your feet are as close to your hands as you can get them. Once you’ve managed this, walk with your hands until you are back in the starting position. You can arch your back in order to add a spine stretch.

Do Leg Swings: Bracing yourself against a wall, swing your outside leg up like a clock pendulum. Increase the height of the swing with each return. Switch sides to do the other leg. You can do a similar exercise with your arms.

Do Walking Lunges: Take the deep, exaggerate steps show in the linked article by essentially walking and nearly dropping to your knee with each step. You can add even more stretch by twisting your upper body away from the extended back leg with each movement.

Stretching exercises are only performed when muscles are warm and the body temperature is raised. Effective stretching involves applying force to the body’s muscles, which must be held just beyond a feeling of pain and needs to be held for the correct amount of time(20-40 seconds). If held too long, the muscle will become too loose and stretchy.

Stretching exercises are only performed when muscles are warm and the body temperature is raised. stretching involves applying force to the body’s muscles, which must be held just beyond a feeling of pain and needs to be held for the correct amount of time(20-40 seconds). If held too long, the muscle will become too loose and stretchy.

Any comments??

To achieve sustained and lasting loss of weight , forget the drastic diets . First Bet on healthy eating habits that go with your lifestyle and your food preferences and travel more . Miracles do not exist. Reduce your intake of foods high in fat. Increase your intake of fiber, fruits and vegetables. And do not forget to move. Do things that make you happy ! Acquiring healthy habits is simple: to make your efforts bear fruit, the food you eat and the activities you do should make you happy . They thus become a daily habit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i think the best way to increase flexibility is to try yoga that is very effective and i am personally trying it. You can also take light exercises which help you give greater flexibility.

How to improve flexability

As a newbie myself I suspect that the way to improve is to do all of the above. I suspect that you also never stop learning. I hope to hear from you more experienced guys.

If you want to improve flexibility, then yoga help you so much.
If you do yoga practice regularly, definitely you'll get some good result. Among them, flexibility is one of the best. Yes, yoga practice increased flexibility accurately. One study found in the world that people who practiced yoga regularly for only 8 weeks had a 35 percent increase in flexibility. That's why I think yoga is the most important for everyone.

To improve flexability there may be various way, but the top process is Yoga. By practicing Yoga regularly you can keep fit your body perfectly. I prefer soft Yoga that are not harms to body as there may some hard Yoga that can harm our body. Also need to careful about balanced diet . We should consider to avoid all type of bad addiction like smoking.

Last edited:
There's a reason athletes warm up before performing. Logically, you'd want to save every ounce of energy for the event. But warming up (expending energy) is necessary for optimum performance, flexibility etc.

I am researching how to improve my flexibility for a project for school and would appreciate any helpful tips and information on the topic
Have you checked into yoga? Yoga has many benefits and will increase flexibility.

Extending practices are possibly performed when muscles are warm and the internal heat level is raised. Powerful extending includes applying power to the body's muscles, which must be held just past a sentiment of agony and should be held for the right measure of time(20-40 seconds). Whenever held excessively long, the muscle will turn out to be excessively free and stretchy.

Extending is significant and regularly over looked. Take a stab at extending a few times each week, perhaps 5 minutes around evening time. I wager your body will feel the distinction and you will never think about whether extending is vital again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back