How long do you spend at the gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslambilal

Hi, i was wondering how long you guys spend at the gym whenever you go. This is just a general question so that my dad stops telling me to stay there 3hrs a day.

I want to tell him average is about 1hr but i'm just checking with you all to make sure.

What are you doing for 3 hours?

45 minutes to an hour is my average...

Hi, i was wondering how long you guys spend at the gym whenever you go. This is just a general question so that my dad stops telling me to stay there 3hrs a day.

I want to tell him average is about 1hr but i'm just checking with you all to make sure.

40 mins - 1 hour actually working out. Of course there's another 20-30 minutes changing clothes, showering, relaxing in the hot tub and so on.

1 hr 30 mins five days per week, max time would be 1 hr 45 mins. If there was a pool/sauna/hot tub or what not then maybe three hours once a week or so.

3 hours seems like a lot.

When i go it's usually

20-30 mins of lifting
30-40 mins of biking

I try to round it out to an hour, dad says i should just take like 1 min breaks every like 5 mins and stay a total of like 3 per day rofl. But ok, 3hrs a weeks seems more plausible, thanks :).

I'd say about 5 times a week on average and 90 mins spread out between cardio and weights.

I use to spend over an hour in the weightroom but I saw results I hadn't intended on getting, I chose to cut back and focus more attention on running and building my endurance.

I don't remember who told me you can gain muscle and lose weight at the same time, but if I could, I'd slap them.

It depends on what im doing. I try and stay 30-45mins. As sad as it sounds I get so bored with the gym a lot, thats why lately all I have been doing is running [on the street]. I get different scenery to look at, everyday is different and I don't have a ton of people all around me lol [but I still go to the gym, don't get me wrong]

Last year I did a vigorous workout routine for 3 months where I worked out at the gym 3 hours a day 6 days a week... but that was when I was in Iraq and all there is to do over there is work, eat, sleep and workout. [I did see awesome results though!]

I had read somewhere that it is important to workout at least 20mins [cardio] because your body won't start burning calories until 15mins into the workout.

Recovering from an operation at the moment, but before the operation (and again in a few weeks) about an hour to an hour and a quarter 3 times a week.

I don't know your father, but it sounds like he wants to see results from you? I know that he's probably concerned about your health but you should maybe tell him that the weight came on slowly and will leave slowly and that though he may think he's encouraging you sometimes too much pressure can make things harder.

Though, as I said, I don't know your father or your situation so I'm probably completely off base. In either case, good luck with the weight loss.

i spend about 2 hours at the gym. 20 minutes of streatching pre-work, 20 mins on the stairmaster, 1 hour of weight lifting, and 20 mins post-work.

im addicted to weight lifting though. i find it fun as hell

3 hours?! Insanity!

Saturday & Sunday: 2 hours.
Monday's & Wednesday's: 90 minutes
Tuesday's & Thursdays: 1 hour
Friday: 0. It's my rest day.

50 minutes on the elliptical 2x a day so 1hr 40 mins. 3 hours is crazy though.

I just stepped up my routine also, I was doing 30-40 mins day elliptical, treadmill, and/ or bike.

about an hour to an hour and a half....i try not to waste tme and keep moving from one thing to the next....and i hate seeing people i know there, slows me down lol

Yeah insanity, after I get home from work I dont have much more than 3 hours to do anything... and I have a home to maintain... if you have that much extra time and the gym was fun for you by all means, but otherwise he sounds like a slave driver...

I go from 30 minutes to 2 hours daily. I do some weight lifting, but it's mostly cardio. Also depending on what style of gym I go to, I'll take advantage of the pool and hot tubs.

I do recall one night my body didn't want to stop doing cardio. I think I was on the elliptical machine for 3 or 4 hours. That was one crazy night. No soreness the next day, just a great feeling. What makes a difference for me, is if I bring my bottled water and my Walkman. If I have water, then I can go for much longer durations at the gym.

I'm there for at least an hour.. sometimes two hours... an hour with cardio another hour lifting/cooling off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back