Hottopic's Journey

Congrats!! Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself. I am a certified nurses aid and I used to work in geratrics, I've seen first hand the dangers of smoking, especially in old age. I had this patient, Frank, smoking caused him to stroke and he was paralized on the right side of his body. He also had emphazema. Every night he'd start coughing..and I don't mean " cough cough" I mean it was a HARD and LOUD cough and he'd cough and cough and cough, his face would turn beat red, and he'd shake hard we'd sit around waiting for him to quit breathing all together. I don't mean to scare you but I wish everyone knew how smoking will effect them long term. Remember this whenever you want to pick up a cig.

Newbride02 I hear you and I am listening. My mother and I have a friend works in the hospital and they both told me horror stories. I listened but just kept saying that it will not happen to me. It can. I know it can. I know it can. It can and mostly likely will happen to me. I want to die old and pain free. Thank You.

Today I won a cruise for 7 nights. So I was very happy about that. It took my mind off smoking for awhile. I did a post on my quit smoking form about something that helped me today and last night. This is the post:

Yesterday I went to Walmart to try find cinnamons stick, but they were out. I was soo mad...So I walked around for a while and left. When I got home I had the strong urge to smoke. So I went to the kitchen and picked up a straw. I cut the straw in the same length of a cigarette and started to inhale. It felt weird, but at the same time I realized that I was doing the breathing exercises alone with the motion of smoking a cigarette. The morning in traffic I felt like stopping for a cigg. so bad and I reached for the straw and did the same thing. I complete forgot I was not smoking for real. After lunch I did the same thing and now I am at work and I took a walk with a straw in hand and inhaled nothing but air. I am now on day 3 and it is not as bad as yesterday. I am alot mooder though I can tell you that much..BUT I WON A CRUISE TODAY....! So I went out side and stucked on some more air....Yeah!

-------------------
O.K last night I had icecream, but it was smartone OREO ICECREAM. This morning I had the same breakfast as yesterday. For lunch I had a salad with olive oil and vinger, a dinner roll with olive oil salt and pepper, and a healthy choice. Snacks soy chips, yogurt. Dinner healthy choice dinner...NO SMOKING. I did not workout today, but tomorrow I will after class.

You must be so proud of yourself! Good for you! And congrats on the cruise! That sounds exciting. Where will you be cruising?
Totallyscrappy

Oh how cool :cool: , you must be so proud of yourself. Now how many people get to reward them selves with a cruse for loosing weight and giving up smoking ;) lol congratulations :D

Totallyscrappy said:
You must be so proud of yourself! Good for you! And congrats on the cruise! That sounds exciting. Where will you be cruising?
Totallyscrappy

The East Caribbean for 7 days on the Royal Caribbean. ............. :rolleyes:
:D THANKS EVERYONE! :rolleyes: Hopefully I can lose weight before the cruise, because it is in one month and I just pigged out today...2 Hamburger no cheese and no mayo, but I had cheese cake. Lean pocket breakfasts, yogurt, pineapple, lays healthy baked chips, Nature Valley granola bars two of them, smoked salmon, broccoli, garlic bagel chips 1/3 of a bag. I almost bought chocolate, but changed my mind. I almost bought pizza then changed my mind. I know it is because I stopped smoking. But at least I worked out today for 2 hours. Worked on legs and walked for 30 mins. Maybe I will eat again tonight I don't know. But at least I did not smoke

Yesterday was a blurr. But I ate right and worked out did not smoke....
Today: I did 45 mins of cardio ate yorgart, liver and waffle (i know strange combo). For dinner I will have healthy choice dinner, 100 calorie bag chips and maybe something else....sweet. (the not smoking is driving me to sweets, but I try to limit as much as possible). I might do more crunches before going to bed. I want to lose at 5-10lbs by the time of the cruise. Please pray for me.

It’s been 4 days and you are doing great,From what I have been told the first week is the hardest and you are almost there.

Yes it is terrible. In the quit smoking forum, they call it "Hell Week." That is the perfect term for it. It is hard rosered. Thank you for stopping by my page.

Wow,..you are doing sooooo awesome,....... and you are worth every bit of the struggle!!!!!!!!

Back