hi im new, need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdunlop2008

hi im newbie! lol
im getting a treadmill tomorrow, thinking of running on it 30 mins 5 times a week, im a size 16/18 and wanna b a size 12 - hopefully b4 xmas. im going to cut down on my bad foods.
will this be enough to loose weight? i used to weigh 12 stone but recently gone up to 14 stone 7
so depressed :(

Nobody can tell you if it's going to be 'enough' or not. It's just not enough information. The thing is losing weight simply means expending more energy (calories) than you take in (eat).

If you've been gaining weight, that means you're eating more energy than you're spending.

Adding exercise to the mix and 'cleaning up' your diet *might* throw in you into a deficit. It also might not. Only way to find out is to try it. Monitor your measurements and weight and adjust accordingly based on the direction the numbers are heading.

That's good. Stay low on the carbo. Avoid soda, junkfoods and fastfoods. Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. Don't stick with the threadmill.. Try to add other exercises.

I don't think you can ask people if that would be enough its what ever you feel most comfortable in yourself. But one word of advice, don't cut all bad food out of your diet because you won't stick to it, you still need to treat yourself once in a while then you have something to look forward to and hey if you don't feel like having your treat, you can always save it ;)

hi, i just started WLF too.

yeah i think you could lose some serious weight by christmas. you probably won't reach 12 stone again because you'd have to lose 35 lb (7lb per month). one pound a week would mean a loss of about 20lb before christmas. you'd be 13st 1lb. although, you might lose more than this to begin with (always easier in the beginning) so maybe you could lose more overall?

things like weight loss charts and eating plans help me a lot. and you'll probably get bored if you only use the treadmill. i got one and just never used it (naught naughty). so if i were you i'd start thinking about alternative exercise if you haven't already. workout dvds are good because they're very varied and they're also in the comfort of your own home (i can't do the gym-thing much).

good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back