Help with weight vest

Hi Guys, I am a Football (Soccer) player and i am working hard on improving my Power, Agility and Endurance.

I am nearly 7 inches tall, weigh 85kg and I am slim but muscular.

I was wondering whether it is dangerous to run with a Weight Vest?

I know you can do pushups, squats, lunges etc to improve these but can I actually run or jog with it? Will it be dangerous for my joints?

Also what weight do you recommend, I have found between 10-20kg (22-44pounds)

I want to start before pre-season kicks off in a month.

Thanks for your help

Depends on a number of factors, age, personal ability, any history of injuries etc.
Running with a vest is the same realistically as running with a rucksack and most of us can do that, dependant on the above. Weight is always start low and build up.

Thanks for your reply.

I am 25 years old, in May 2013 I had a knee surgery got my cruciate and cartridge fixed after a nasty injury during football. In July i started going running everyday 3-8km and never had any problems with my knee, well actually in some rare cases I used to feel little pain but my doctor explained it is perfectly normal until time passes. In October I started football again playing around 10-12hrs every week and never felt any pain. After the season finished in April I kept working out in the gym and going running 3 times a week.

So you can say my legs are strong.. I will take your advice and start low and build up.

weight vest does increase the rate at which you lose weight, because it enhances the calorie-burning effects of cardio exercises like running. Though the primary use of a weight vest is for resistance training, aerobic exercises with a weight vest are also possible.

Depends on a number of factors, age, personal ability, any history of injuries etc.
Running with a vest is the same realistically as running with a rucksack and most of us can do that, dependant on the above. Weight is always start low and build up.

Running with a vest is the realistically as running with a rucksack and most of us can do that, dependant on the above. Weight is always start low and build up.

Any Comment??

Back