Help Me Please

Hello,
I am in need of your help. I am new to this site and i'm hoping it can help me.I am looking to to loose some weight and get back in shape. I am a 52 year male that is 5"11 and 210lbs .I am looking to see if someone can help me make a exercise program to burn fat and to get fit again.I just joined a Crunch club to start back on getting in shape [ cardio ] . I also want to get a workout sheet made so I can keep track of how much weight I lift and the sets I do.Every thing online for these items want a fee or membership.Any help would be greatly appreciated .Thanks

Rick G:

Hello,
I am in need of your help. I am new to this site and i'm hoping it can help me.I am looking to to loose some weight and get back in shape. I am a 52 year male that is 5"11 and 210lbs .I am looking to see if someone can help me make a exercise program to burn fat and to get fit again.I just joined a Crunch club to start back on getting in shape [ cardio ] . I also want to get a workout sheet made so I can keep track of how much weight I lift and the sets I do.Every thing online for these items want a fee or membership.Any help would be greatly appreciated .Thanks

Rick G:

Hi there Rick... I am happy to help you on your way if your serious about getting fitter and healthier. I am a semi retired physical education consultant 47 years old and been lifting and working in the industry for better than 30 years.

Do you have any video footage of you doing exercise?...
What injuries and physical limitations are you currently dealing with?...
What if any medical issues are you currently dealing with and medications are you taking?
What access do you have to a well equipped gym?...
What is your schedule as far as days that you cannot workout?...
What's your previous experience as far as weight lifting goes?...
How many times have you been to your cardio class?...
What weight do you think is ideal for you?...
Are you getting any support from family in your weight loss journey?...

Let me know if you want to talk more...

Kindest Regards
Micheal

Thanks

Do you have any video footage of you doing exercise?...No I don't
What injuries and physical limitations are you currently dealing with?... Lower back and right shoulder sometimes
What if any medical issues are you currently dealing with and medications are you taking?Just my lower back
What access do you have to a well equipped gym?...Joined a club called Crunch
What is your schedule as far as days that you cannot workout?...M-F Ok weekend off for family time
What's your previous experience as far as weight lifting goes?...Mainly just using cable weights there
How many times have you been to your cardio class?Not really a class I am just doing the treadmill and eliptacle each night so I can start getting in shape without being winded. I do 30 min each night to start. Been doing this for a week.After this week I am going up to 45 min. On the treadmill the setting is 4.0 speed and incline is 6.
What weight do you think is ideal for you? 185-190.I'm at 210 now
Are you getting any support from family in your weight loss journey? Yes and I make the meals so I can watch what we eat.

Let me know if you want to talk more. Sure,just looking for a program that I can go by to do just basic toning .
Thanks for your help
Rick G

Hello,
So are 52 year old then you might be do some basic exercise for couple of months along wing running. After that you have to do some weight lifting for that you have to join gym...

Hey there Rick...

There is no reason why you cannot reach your goal of weighing 185-190. Everything I will have you do is based on sound science studied and implemented for many years in the weight lifting industry. If you are looking for any kind of fad training then I am not your guy, but if your prepared to work at it and learn how to lift and eat appropriately then I will be able to help you reach your goals.

To be honest with you... the cardio you are doing is not the most efficient way of losing body fat and or toning up. If your willing to trust me I will encourage you to try some HIIT (high intensity interval training) along with your regular treadmill work. My suggestion would be 3 hiit trainings and 2 treadmill sessions a week and 4 weight lifting sessions a week. But don't freakout at that, as your cardio sessions will also be a lot shorter. There is no reason for you to be working out more than 55 - 60 mins 4 days a week and 30 minutes on the 5th day which includes both weights and cardio 4 days and just cardio on the 5th.

Do you have access to a stationary bike at the gym?... preferably a spin cycle but if not most adjustable tension stationary bikes will work. The days you do the hiit training you will only need about 15 minutes max to do 3 all out sets.

Anyway, get back to me if your still interested and I'll have a starting program for you within 24 hours of receiving your reply...

Kindest Regards

I think you should join a gym. Calling for random help may cause you danger

Back