Have I hit a plateau?

Tysonlad

Have I hit a plateau or is this normal and nothing to be concerned about?. Stats 5’2” F SW 185 CW 164. Additional info : I’m doing 1200 calories, 128 oz water daily and 500 cal worth of running 6 days a week.
7E49A66F-CE36-4958-ACC0-A8B133691F59.png708334B4-C2C0-4FDC-AB6C-2EA7EDFC2D2F.png

Not losing significant weight every day is quite normal. Is it coming up to your period by any chance? If you´re counting your calories carefully and indeed only eating 1200 kcal/day while burning off 500 kcal/day through cardio you should be losing weight, even if water retention masks it for a week or two. If you´re getting nervous because of the lack of scale victories you might want to see if you can up the accuracy of your calorie count both on the intake and the output side: most people aren´t great at either. Weighing is a lot more accurate than measuring with cups (unless we´re talking about something as small as a teaspoon), condiments and liquids count, cardio machines tends to overestimate how many calories we burn...

Not losing significant weight every day is quite normal. Is it coming up to your period by any chance? If you´re counting your calories carefully and indeed only eating 1200 kcal/day while burning off 500 kcal/day through cardio you should be losing weight, even if water retention masks it for a week or two. If you´re getting nervous because of the lack of scale victories you might want to see if you can up the accuracy of your calorie count both on the intake and the output side: most people aren´t great at either. Weighing is a lot more accurate than measuring with cups (unless we´re talking about something as small as a teaspoon), condiments and liquids count, cardio machines tends to overestimate how many calories we burn...
Yes I had just started my period yesterday. What effect does that have on weight loss? I’m not challenging just curious lol

Most women retain water starting a couple of days before the start of their periods until the worst of it is over. No influence on fat loss whatsoever (unless the cravings get the better of you, of course), but it looks bad on the scale. You should see a nice drop in a couple of days.

I'm a guy and obviously have no direct knowledge on the subject, but I found this TED talk informative:

Back