Has anyone tried Acai Berry

catral

Hi I am at my wits end, I have tried so many diets and I came across an promotion and am wondering if anyone knows if this stuff really works.
Please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum.

I had to remove your link because it violated forum rules, but I would like to answer your question.

Acai Berry has no effect on weight loss. It is considered hype. . Antioxidants are great for several reasons but weight loss has never been one of them. It isn't even the best way to get antioxidants. Acai berry has become one of the diet industry's new tag items because people don't do their research.

Well idk about "diets" I think lifestyle changes are better longterm. But to answer your question...

I've had acai berries several times. They are a bit bitter and has a strong flavor. For some it may be hard to drink or eat without some sort of sweeter accompaniment whether it's honey, or a sweeter fruit. I'm sure some people can eat/drink it straight though.
Whether it "works" or not is probably now going back into the "diet" subject....

I tried the acai berry weight loss pill which cost me £30
I took it while I was on Holiday, following the dosage accurately.

I swear to God, I'm sure I took pure speed. I felt shakey, heart was POUNDING, and I coulnd;t eat for 3 nights. Legs twitched like crazy and to be perfectly honest, I haven;t felt 100% since I took them.

You WILL get extreme poo's from it too. After 30 minutes, I was pooping water after taking the pill, as it was a colonic styled pill.

Horrid, horrid horrid.

HOWEVER, one of my friends tried that drinks and they made her a tad constipated. She didnt lose any weight from it~

So it looks like there are mixed results for people with acacia. Is acacia supposed to be thermogenic? What is it in them that makes you shake?

Well if it is bought off the internet then it might be a little added amphetamine, that is often found in "traditional chinese remedies" and other alternative herbal supplements. And hey, amphetamine is super good for loosing weight... I mean.. besides amphetamine....

I tried the acai berry weight loss pill which cost me £30
I took it while I was on Holiday, following the dosage accurately.

I swear to God, I'm sure I took pure speed. I felt shakey, heart was POUNDING, and I coulnd;t eat for 3 nights. Legs twitched like crazy and to be perfectly honest, I haven;t felt 100% since I took them.

You WILL get extreme poo's from it too. After 30 minutes, I was pooping water after taking the pill, as it was a colonic styled pill.

Horrid, horrid horrid.

HOWEVER, one of my friends tried that drinks and they made her a tad constipated. She didnt lose any weight from it~

what a horrible experience. i'm definitely not trying any of those acai berry products!

imo total gimmick ..if it worked for you..i'd attribute it to additional factors or probably placebo effect

sorry

Hi, and I guess I'm the same as you. I've tried all types of diets etc, and then came across the acai berry advertising. I bought the stuff, 7 day colon cleanser, and the acai berry tablets for a month, cost me 30£. I didn't lose any weight at all. Spent the first few days in the toilet and in fact picked up 500 grams after 5 days. I have not felt that I have more energy etc, so I guess it's just another scam.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Linda

Yeah, most of what I've heard from people who've actually used it is that it didn't do anything weight wise, but that the 'free trials' were almost impossible to cancel before they actually charged you any money, and it really seemed difficult to find one of the Internet sellers who was not trying to scam you. (The chocolate covered acai and blueberries that they sell at CostCo don't taste bad, btw, however they did not seem to have any kind of effect in terms of weight loss. Go figure ;) )

I have heard that (link removed) supplements will benefit as they are natural antioxidants, they are rich in essential fatty acids, helps in nutrient absorption, contain dietary fiber and high in ORAC. This helps in relieving your stress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back