Cohen's Lifestyle Goodlucktummy starring in Killing off the Kilos

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
IMG_0345.jpg

Meatballs and Cabbage! Yummy!

IMG_0369.jpg

This sucks

I tried making crabcakes for lunch and they turned out extremely bad. So I didn't finish them. Ugh. I know you're supposed to scrape the plate clean on Cohen's but it was just too darn awful. Tsk. Is this considered a deviation? Oh dear.

Wow GLT your pics make the food look so yummy you must give us the recipe's for both of them :)

How are you coping with the plan? Have you weighed yourself yet? See you were struggling a bit, just give it time and it will start working for you :)

Hello angela! :D

Overall, I'm doing pretty well. I did have a few cheat days (one was ordered by the doctor, the other one was because I was too tired to cook) and boy did I really learn my lesson! I will avoid deviating as much as I can, that's a promise. The diet is getting easier and harder at the same time. Easier because I'm used to the portions and the type of food I can eat but harder also because I need to get creative with the recipes and the way I prep food.

Yes I've weighed ... sometimes I sneak a weigh-in over the course of a week... and I've lost about 14kg while on Cohen -- in 2 months! (Overall, I've lost 19kg cos I did a transition diet before Cohen). I've also lost 9inches around my waist. Unbelievable!

Hope you have a happy, healthy day ahead! :D

how did i let myself reach 122kg? on this 5'1 frame, how?
never thought of myself as enormous, just bigger than average but reading weight loss stories about people who start to worry when their weight hits 80-90kg makes me wonder how I managed to reach 122kg and not worry outright? Some people, even on this forum, have to lose 20-30kg. I have to lose 70+. Sigh. I just don't want this diet to last forever. Must stick to it faithfully...

eep. i had a cheat weekend last week and i paid for it with the flu! Cough and colds got me down for most of the week but I'm feeling much better. In fact, I'm feeling so good that I'm going to go walk around campus later this afternoon. The oval where people walk is about 2.2km long... and I plan to walk around it 3 times! Haha! I'm going to go at a leisurely pace cos God knows even 500m is hard for me. I know we're not supposed to exercise on this program but I have all this excess energy and I need to channel it somewhere. Besides, I also have to get my butt in shape for my Phys Ed class, which involves a lot of walking and trekking.

Is it possible to lose 7kg a month without plateauing? I seriously hope it is. Because if I lose at least 7kg per month, in the next five months, I'll have lost 35kg... bringing my weight down to 65kg. Wow. That's only 10kg more than my goal weight... I'll look super in my graduation dress!

A month and half after that, I'll be able to go on refeed.

And then after that, Brazil.

I'm going to hold off on the travel plans til then. I just want to get rid of this weight ASAP.

Walking seems to be helping... at least it takes away the boredom shakes. I'm down to 100.9kg! Yay!

Well, well, well... Haven't posted here in a while! Just re-read my last post and I must say, it was pretty optimistic. The 7kg/month loss didn't really happen, though I'm still happily losing a fair amount - about 4kg/month. It's going a little slower than expected but hey, at least the scale keeps going down... I'm trying out this new thing wherein I keep a food diary and track my weight daily to see if certain foods trigger better losses. The fluctuations haven't gotten me as down as I thought they would. I'm taking the marginal gains as the body's way of adjusting.

I'm now 83kg... That's Almost 40kg from my highest recorded weight. I feel like a slightly different person now...Feels good!

Well, well, well... Haven't posted here in a while! Just re-read my last post and I must say, it was pretty optimistic. The 7kg/month loss didn't really happen, though I'm still happily losing a fair amount - about 4kg/month. It's going a little slower than expected but hey, at least the scale keeps going down... I'm trying out this new thing wherein I keep a food diary and track my weight daily to see if certain foods trigger better losses. The fluctuations haven't gotten me as down as I thought they would. I'm taking the marginal gains as the body's way of adjusting.

I'm now 83kg... That's Almost 40kg from my highest recorded weight. I feel like a slightly different person now...Feels good!

40kg!
Holy Guacamole!!​
Hi GLT. I didn't want to burst your bubble when you thought 7kg was a possibility. I lost 10kg in my 1st month on Cohen's (which gets you so excited & you hope to keep losing at a similar crazy rate!) & then averaged 4kg a month until I got to my goal weight. Some lose quicker, some slower but I'm glad it took me 6 months to lose my 36kgs as it taught me more that way. You have to include your initial weight-loss in your calculations of your weekly average to be fair.
You have so many adjustments to make as you go & adjusting your brain to match your body slowly, but surely, is just a part of it. Learning to make healthy choices as a permanent thing is another.
Most of us have psychological issues (inner "demons") relating to our fat that will need facing & possibly getting help with (don't be afraid of seeking help if you need it. It is not a weakness, it's a sign of strength when you face your fears.) I had counselling for the first time in my life at the age of 54 & while I didn't need many sessions it helped me a lot. I was hiding behind my fat.
Keeping a diary helps me the most now & being honest & open with my feelings. I changed so many things including my job. I have to work on loving myself & probably always will. Habits are formed over a lifetime & not changed overnight.
You are doing so well & should be very proud of yourself GLT. You have so much to look forward to, including a holiday to Brazil. How wonderful! :D
xoxo Cate

Hi Cate! :) I've missed your encouraging words and I've also missed this gem of a forum as well. I think deep down inside, I knew that the losses would taper off but I guess I was just being optimistic - still am despite my sort-of plateau. *sigh* Whatever happens, no matter how long it takes, I'm still better off than I was half a year ago. Now that I've been on for this long, I'm IN IT TO WIN IT! I've put in so much into staying on track, I don't see the point of falling back into old habits. (And re: Brazil, i've changed my mind about that. There are bunch of other opportunities cooking in the oven so the future is still a bit hazy-daisy.)

I've really been wanting to see a counselor before this process is over so that everything is sorted out before maintenance... I just don't know how to go about it. Mental health isn't much of a priority here where I live... it's not like there's a free clinic we can go to for support. I'm dependent on my parents for funds and when I brought it up with my mom, she said it wasn't really necessary. I haven't put a lot of effort into researching about alternatives and maybe I'll do that once school is over, which is in about a month.

To be honest, I'm a little scared about going into maintenance. I started this diet with the belief that I could eat 'normally' again after I hit my goal weight and did refeed. Then again, my definition of 'normal' was pancakes for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch and Chinese take out for dinner and lots of junk in between. Now I know that THAT's not the way to go and that this will really be a lifestyle change for me. I'm trying to condition my mind and my heart already to get into the proper maintenance mindset. I don't want to finish refeed and find myself going back to the 'old normal'. I have to prepare myself first mentally and emotionally so that my choices and behavior reflect the proper mental state. I already know that it's going to be tough once I'm set 'free' into the world but I'm taking everything I'm learning from Cohen's so that I can put it to good use in the future.

Meanwhile, I'm letting go and trusting the process (though I still like this daily weighing thing...) It doesn't discourage me anyway so I'm just going to go with it... until it hurts. Haha!

Wee Hoo GLT & good for you!!!!!!

Well done! xo Cate

Back