Weight-Loss Go Group 3!!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
BenhereB4 said:
Hey, Rosered, Newbride and Cubi, sounds like you’re all on track! Cubi, you asked how much more you should loose, listen you your friend. She may be right. You can always focus on your fitness. You have amazing discipline. I could take lessons from you! LOL! Gals, you sound so wise about you goals. I hope that I can keep up with you. Have an active day! I just want to not fall off the wagon and... keep my lazy butt moving! ;)

But my friend told me I could gain, in fact that she'd prefer I gained... She thinks guys are supposed to have a little tummy though, but not man-boobs. So if I do what she would like, I'd gain, not loose but gain, 2 stones. If I'm not misstaken that is 28 pounds. How long would it take to gain 28 pounds of muscle? :confused:

I'm not letting you guys down by stopping my wieghloss right now. I'll loose what I set out to loose so I can give us those 5 kilos (11 pounds). That is stuff that I want rid of anyways, as it's just fat. I don't think I loose musclemass anymore, I do go to the gym to avoid that. I think I've actually regained quite a bit of muscle lately. I particularly like my back and shoulder muscles, which I've never seen showing like that :D a few more weeks, and the pecs should be like I want them as well... then it's just the dreaded arms... urgh :( And I'd like to get my stomach muscles broader... friggin huge in the centre, but it looks weird. And I do mean muscle, abs or whatever you call it, not the belly ;)

I'm soaking and moaning now, ey? :) I'll let it rest. Got a bike today, so I can go bikeing, but I don't enjoy it much. And I'm so tired, I don't feel like doing anything. But then, the challenge is about to end, so I can't just sit here on my lardy arse and do nothing. I don't wan't to let the team down :cool: A little anp might hit the spot, but I kinda doubt I'll be able to take one. Urgh... I usually feel like this when I have a wet night out :p

Without further moaning, lets all get our lazy arses up and moving for a while! :)

Cubi, just how much influence does your friend have? It’s you that gets to decide. I think you already have.
You have invested a lot in getting healthy. 28 lb is quit a bit for someone to ask you to gain! Now I could do that in a weekend! lol I’m bracing myself to weigh tomorrow. Reality bites! :D

Quite a bit of influence I'd say :eek:

I'm NOT gaing 28 pounds of fat, never again will I do somehting like that! And I don't think she meant 28 pounds of fat either.. The way I see it, I've got the fat amount, now it's time to dilute it with muscle :p Doubt I'll gain 28 pounds anyways:cool:

My scale is having moodswings again. Not sure if I lost 100 grams since yesterday (which is not enough if I am to reach my goal :() or if I gained 200 :eek: (which is definatly not enough!)
Morning the 15th, ending the 17th, right? So I have a day more then I thought yesterday and up untill a few minutes ago :p I'll try, but have my doubt I'll succees :(

My scale is too Cubi! I'm about ready to go back to the traditional scales.

So, as if I'm not having enough struggles w/ this challenge, Tom is going to start any day now and I feel like a bloated whale. I'm afraid if I lay down on the couch, I'll have to rock myself back and forth and have no hope of getting to my feet again (ok,im over doing it here, but still).

Spring is around the corner and it feels like a noose (sp?) around my neck. it taunts me "korrie, I'm comming...are you going to be ready?"

Cubi and Newbride, what kind of scale do you use? I’m doing the old digital. I wonder what kind would be the best. I guess it doesn’t much matter since eventually the weight loss (or gain) does show.

Cubi, I think most gals would like to see their guy with well developed muscle. lol You seem to know what you’re doing. Your will power is impressive. I need to borrow some! lol

My motivation seems to be so elusive. It’s back today so I’ll need to take advantage of it and move my butt (or arse as Cubi says). Everyone move it and lose it today!

Lol you boys are funny, one minute you will do what ever a woman tells ya to next ya will be saying she’s nagging. Building muscle sounds like a good idea though. Don’t be so hard on yourself im sure you are close to your goal, I will take away your stars if your not lol.

NB I a week behind you on ttom im due in about 4-5 days. Keep your chin up hun.

B4 you sound like your doing better than me hun, since giving up smoking I am having a hard time losing weight but it will come off eventually.

It's only nagging if it's about washing my socks. If it contains the words "you'd be sooo hot if...." then it's not nagging ;)
Unless it's "you're sooo hot when you carry out the trash". Well, I'd probarbly fall for that one as well. I'm a sucker.
You're NOT getting your stars back, they're mine! :( please don't take them from me? :eek:

What is "ttom"? That Time Of Month? :confused:

Scales are weird things, no? Buggers never seem to make up their mind! I've tried analog and digital, right now I use digital because that one seems to have the least moodswings, but they're both crap! :( I sometimes blame it on them if I go up a bit :p

My will power is going to be little used the next week, as I've got something of an issue to sort out and... well... you can borrow it then. I want it back unharmed though :cool:

I did not do very good today... Been on the phone all day. A bit of a mental cardio, but without the weightloss part :( Haven't been outside the door because I was afraid to leave the phone in case I needed it. Which I did most day. I hate being dependant on the phone. If only I had money on my cellphone, and it wasn't that friggin expensive to call with it! :mad: Lifted some weights I have here though, and sit-ups. But still haven't gotten on the bike.

Btw, I love the word "arse" :)

hi guys

sooo sorry i missed out on this challenge! i'm having money woes and so my internet was cut off :S i got it back last night and straight away started back here :) i'm bummed i missed being here though, as i found without this site i started hoeing into the chocolate bickies again (this time royals rosered, not timtams, lol). i was visiting in-laws at the coast and they fed us non-stop :D i've joined the ten pound club now so hopefully i will do the site proud :)

newbride, sorry to hear about your hard times. i'm very inspired that you are using this setback as encouragement - good for you. you'll succeed for sure.

and oi cubi i know where norway is! one of my best friends is from there :)

good luck to you all :)

So.... I failed... :( (and I'm still sick from yesterday, but going to work anyways :()

Startweight: 97 kilos
Goal: -5kilo
Result: 93kilo (or 4 kilo loss).

I've lost 4 kilos, or 8.8 pounds. Struggle with motivation the last few days because of personal matters, but that's not an excuse. Instead of focusing on the failure, I'll focus on the 8.8 pounds loss, and be happy with that.

Hope the rest of you met your goal! I've had a good time doing this challenge, but still won't take part in the next one.

Cheers for the motivation :)

Um, you had an 8.8 pd loss and you failed??? how's that exactly?

I lost...nothing..infact...(here goes nothing) I gained 3 pds!!! I just want to die. I can't believe it. What a looser. (really sorry for the attitude! just really down right now)

Like I said at the start of this challange, I set a high goal I did not think I'd actually reach. I did so for the motivation, as my mind works in weird ways I guess. But, I got so close... I failed to reach my goal, and I know I could have reached it. I was at 92.something the afternoon two days ago. Had almost a kilo to loose in a little over a day, but instead I went up.

NB, don't be so hard on yourself! If loosing weight was easy we'd all be our ideal weight. I'm a guy, so it's much easier for me then for a woman like yourself. Sometimes you gain a few pounds, that's the danger of only looking at your weightloss in short periods. You might have gained instead of lost. But if you look back in a month or so you will see that it was just a small gain that you'll have lost and then some by then. Keep your chin up! :)

Lol between you and me newbride this team didn’t have a chance, I also put on weight. Cibi you did really well and I wouldn’t dream of taking your stars off you but I thought it would be good motivation. B4 were are you hun?

Cubi why don’t you start your own 10 pound club…a lot of the fellas here would like to put on muscle im sure.

Cubi,
I think 8.8 lbs is a wonderful start. Dont be so hard on yourself. A step foreward is not a step back.....

This is not a race. You will get to your goal. Give it the time it deserves.

;)

it's hardly the start though, more like somewhere at the end... I now have a total of 81.4 pounds lost (37kilos for all of us who use the ever so better metric system :cool: ).

At 93, I am actually 7 kilos lighter then I want to be, I just don't want the dreaded fat to be the reason I weigh 100kilos. Well, ideally I'd like to be 110 kilos, at 1.86m, but that'll take a while if I don't want soggy man-boobs and the beer guts hanging low. Only fear I'll be so desperate to try to gain that I'll start gaining fat again... :(

Anyway, I like the sound of that 10 pound challange rosered. Only problem is, how do we know it's not fat we're gaining?
By maintianing or decresing our bodyfat % while also gaining mass I guess the problem is solved, but I don't know how to measure my bodyfat %. Also, the male lines seem kinda thin around here.

Oh god baby I don’t no, that’s definitely something you will have to ask someone else. I think if you started a thread in the exercise section…calling all men or something and ask the questions hun you will be surprised at the help you will get, and I bet you will be surprised how many fellas drop in and have a look what’s going on but just don’t post here. Anyway now im going to be the nosy female … tells me about this girl you hold in such high regard, why do you like her so much? How did you meet? You no alllll the Goss. :D :cool:

For every pound you loose, I'll answer one question. You can only ask juicy ones for every five pounds though. ;) :D

Feeling motivated? :D (darn, why didn't I think of this while the challenge was still going on? :()

:eek: Omg we have a blackmailer among us …. Yep a male :rolleyes: :D
Thankfully our whole conversation doesn’t run on me asking questions on your life lol
And thank god im not that curious lol. Im still gonna hold ya to it though.

Have you started with any weights yet? You go to a gym don’t you? Ask there what you can do to start building muscle and what’s the best way to go about it.

That's what they all say, but you ARE that curious, just won't admit it ;) All you have to do is loose a pound, less then half a kilo, and you can start off with a question. Make it a good one, so the motivation doesn't go out the door :p

Yup, going to the gym and building muscle :) Kinda slow maybe, but the results are so far pretty obvious, and I intend to contuine the same way (making it more obvious I mean).

I've stepped up my food intake now, so we'll see if that makes it go any faster. :)

How cool you’re starting to see results already I thought it would take months before you would be able to notice. Did you take any measurements of yourself? If you haven’t you should.

I've been going there for about a month and a half maybe.

What kind of measurements? Only two bodyparts I've got the measurements are my neck and one that requires you to loose 5 pounds ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back